OT - Backyard project!

skonopa

Finally, after nearly a month and half of mostly sweat, some tears, and thankfully, very little blood, and some $1,500 later, it is finally complete!

My new shed!

IMG_1659Medium.jpg

IMG_1660Medium.jpg

I built that platform myself (4x4 posts cemented into the ground). Thinking about it, I should've went with brown lattice instead of the white as it probably would've looked a little better.

Now, just need to tear down the old one, but right now, it is too friggan hot to deal with it - time to go to the pool!

IMG_1661Medium.jpg

Nice job, looks like something my wife would want... hmm...

You are DA MAN!! You can come down here and help me build something..er...similar?

I need something like that and it only needs to house a riding mower, some rakes/shovels/landscape rakes/hole diggers/gas cans/diesel cans/35 HP tractor with mower on back, 90 HP tractor with 10' pull mower behind it and my full sized industrial backhoe/loader...

ya game?!!

Oh, the doors will be optional, so that will save you some effort.

(did I just say "save YOU some effort") I suppose I'll be polite and simply stay out of your way while you're at it.

[*-)]

Steve,

Congrats on a very neat looking job. The pool sounds great, too. That will be just the place to contemplate what kind of sound system this little guy needs. You could put the old shed on Ebay, let the new owner tear it down.

Seriously, the new project looks solid.

Dude that looks great what brand is the shed?

Today I pulled 9 tons of concrete out of concrete out of my backyard with help and chopped down a dead tree. I hired a friend with a tractor, dump trailer, and 90lb jack hammer. 

I have never been so sore in my life tomorrow should be fun. 

At least we got our projects out of the way before summer was full blown. We were lucky a storm blew through and lowered the temp at least 10 degrees.

Dude that looks great what brand is the shed?

That is an 8 x 12.5 foot shed. It is made by this Liftetime outfit. Once I got the platform built, the shed itself actually went up pretty easy. Granted, this may not be as exciting as a fancy new BBQ or putting in a new pool and/or jacuzzi, but this is a huge step up from that rotting POS that I originally had.

Nice job Steve! I built my first shed a few years ago and have an old Marantz 1060 with a Denon CD player and speakers running out to our covered patio. This pic is from last year before we put the fire pit and the lawn in.

post-17366-13819334235822_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally, after nearly a month and half of mostly sweat, some tears, and thankfully, very little blood, and some $1,500 later, it is finally complete!

My new shed!

IMG_1659Medium.jpg

IMG_1660Medium.jpg

I built that platform myself (4x4 posts cemented into the ground). Thinking about it, I should've went with brown lattice instead of the white as it probably would've looked a little better.

Now, just need to tear down the old one, but right now, it is too friggan hot to deal with it - time to go to the pool!

IMG_1661Medium.jpg

Man, did you have any trouble getting the doors to line up? I just built the same thing and they say to shim the back corners on the high side but it ain't gettin there. Everything snapped and fit just right, my platform is level, but the dayum doors ain't fitting very well. Any suggestions?

nice.

i had to build one also so i could gut my music room. i finished mine about 3 weeks ago and i think the garage doors arrive this week.

once the doors are installed i can get all the junk out of the closets in the music room, put it in the shed and then knock the closets out.

danny

post-2247-13819339885662_thumb.jpg

db - Wow. That's a borderline house!

Skonopa - I'd paint the
lattice dark. Something to make it dissappear a bit. I'm not feeling
the brown idea cuz that's injecting a new color. I'm thinking a 'much'
darker version of the doors. Maybe color match and add a ton of black. I'd paint the ramp & lattice the same color. I think it would look kickass. Very nice shed. Oooo! You could get vines/ivy growing on it too.

Vines---LOL Meagain. A neighbor put up a shed that is one or two feet behind the fence and my wife hated it (our plants were not as grown up then) so I put some crossvine back there knowing it would spread and grow up the back of the shed. Now you can only just see the roofline and the vine is creeping over that.