3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Had to post some property on one of the hunt club leases yesterday. Some A holes were driving on our roads- dumping trash- pretty much killed the day. This property is owned by non drinkers so we had to wait until later to pop a cold one. Stopped at the barber shop on the way back. My barber shop allows drinking while you get your haircut. They even have a guy to go to the bar next door and get drinks for customers. Newcastle draft was wonderful.

TH- If you see a red French Burgundy- it always by law- Pinot noir. White Burgundy is always chardonay. French red Bordeauxs can be Cabernet, Merlot, or generally a mixture including cab Franc.. I hate dealing with French wines because the grape is determined by the region rather that the type or varietal of the grape. If I want a nice bottle of cabernet i want to see the word- cabernet on the bottle. With French, Italian, and sometimes Spanish wines you have to take a bleeping wine gilde with you to see waht you are buying. Stupid confusing BS.California, South America,Australia,and South Africa got it right by putting the Bleeping name of the bleeping grape on the label. With these old world countries you also have sub regions where some sort of variation or mixture is allowed which further complicates the already confusing cluster----. Italy is worse than France. Cianti is by law Sangovise. People discovered that you could grow great cabernet in Tuscany. So they started growing cab- mixing it in with the other region grapes and calling it "super tuscan" Then you have classico and reserva which designates the minimum age time in oak-another annoying factor to consider when buying- longer oak time may require aging. Problem is that wines from these countries are in many cases too good to ignore. You also have non certified wines from these countries which have non allowed grape content which can be great values.The trick is to find a knowledgable merchant to digest all of this BS for you and make suggestions.

If you are going to buy any wine- I highly reccomend buying this book-Hugh Johnson world atlas of wine. 50 bucks well spent.

Headed out to buy beer for the week- also try to find some more pistol ammo and shotgun shells- quite a treasure hunt these days. Maybe stop off for some sushi and a glass of Sav Blanc.Missed my Sunday Bloody marys today. Too many things on my to do list.

Back at ya in the PM- Cheers- enjoy those Sunday beers!!!!!!

I know you all are waiting on the edge of your seat to hear what I did today[:D] Nothing much but a lot of it. Humid as hell early on but by 6:00 it turned into a beautiful afternoon to sit on the patio with the little lady having a cocktail and listening to nature. We live next to 13 acres of woods protected by a 90 year trust. A red tail hawk whistled by and butterflies passed reminding me that fall is on its way. The scent in the air was a falling tide on the tidal creek....exposed mussels and oysters, in a mud goo. Four hundred feet to Hewletts creek that leads to the ICW.

I stoked the Weber and put on some thighs and wings marinated in lite soy and fresh ground pepper. It will be ready by 7:00 so reluctantly happy hour will wind down as the Kettle One gives way to the Pinot Noir.

The sunday ritual of giving both HK tubed amps a workout done I cued up some blues on the Quicksilver horn monos. Lonnie Mack and Charlie Musselwhite.....two white boys that can play the blues.

I read sootshe's thread on bass mods for the LS on updates and modifications and got excited again. LS bass down to 30 hz!!!!!! Bluesboy....get your tools ready.

So...for a guy without a life....not bad! Thanks to all who contributed.

TH . I bet I have hunted some of the marshes near your place in years past. That creek sounds real familiar. I hunted many of the mashes and impoundments in your area and north- Great island- Pamlico point-Jones bay- oriental-Mattamaskeet-and south toward you. I was a fishing tackle rep so I would ta.ke off for 3 weeks at a time and hunt along the coast until we ran out of money and had to go home- sleeping in cars and boats in the middle of the winter back in the late 70s- early 80s Pretty hard core. Then it got to where there wre no ducks. We started driving to Arkansas. Mississippi, and Louisana. Now we hunt out of airboats in Fla.

Sipping on the standard Finlandia and tonic I have a couple bottles of Robert Foley Claret that I am fighting to keep my hands away from.

the bar is open- cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a dead week at the bar for all. I was having a grand time with the in-laws on wednesday night, took it easy on thursday night to be prime for my interview this morning that will go down in history as stupidest interview ever and a waste of my time. In-laws are going to be watching my son for the weekend and Karen and I are heading up north for 36 hours of no child, no interent and no worries. I plan on sleeping for 24 hours and drinking the other 12 hours. Hope the bar picks up, but throw one on my Wisconson tab...I'll run out on the tab Sunday morning. Have a great weekend all!

Hey Ace.....how is the plan going? Getting ready to go out to the patio with a Kettel One martini....little lady has a strawberry/peach smoothie. Call up the regulars its time to open the bar. Hey Winchester.....you're awol again. First toast to Groomlake for his return to the forum and his service to our country.

Cheers gentlemen[D]

Glad to be back! Real zoo for 3 months. Still overloaded at work but should slow down in the next few weeks. Mostly paperwork, which I don't care for... at all... I think I've had about 3 beers in the last 3 months, LOLOL!!! Enjoyed a single ice cold Bud Light with Lime yesterday afternoon and promptly fell asleep!!! I'll have to break myself in to my Sam Adams stash slowly!!

Yeah AWOL is right. 2 days hanging out with a non drinking customer- sipping non alcohol O douls- Yukkk!!!!!!!!!!!! Did get to go to the Greensboro Gun show yesterday. Huge gun show- coulda spent 100 k easily-restrained myself to 300 dollars in ammo. Back on track yesterday- slammed down a bunch of Sierra Nevada brewskis tailgating at the panther game.Got free tickets on the 9th row end zone. Have not had a liquior drink in days but I am about to fix that little problem with a Finlandia with OJ and some grenadine.

Vodkas and Black jacks on me-I got the tab.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a few G&T...started hanging drywall until I saw another puddle in the basement...now inhaling gin as fast as I can. Big test tomorrow...running a sprinkler to imitate 2 inches of rain on the wall I just fixed. If it gets wet I am giving up and selling the house...if it is not wet, there is still an issue behind the fireplace wall I did not fix mostly out of laziness with a gas line there, and I will go fix that...not sure which option to hope for at this point, but we will know tomorrow...cheers and have several on me. ACE

been busy as a one armed wallpaperhanger in a windstorm with the crabs. Missing my buds at the bar. No fun this week- checking out the Panther/Steeler game tonite- tailgaiting should be fun- older son is home from college-going by the beer store to load up on Newcastle and Bojangles Chicken. Seats on the 9th row.think the cats are in for a another major buttwhipping by the steelers.

have one for me and put everything on my tab- I will catch it tomorrow- my credit is good.

Yabba dabba do is right....... time to hang up the pencil and start a long weekend. I haven't had as much as a drop of alcohol since last weekend so I guess tonight I'll have a Martini or two. Time for all the regulars to start heading here and swapping lies. I'll save you a seat.

Winchester....your Panthers looked a little rusty last night[:^)]

Panthers lookes like S%$!T......Awful..Horrible.. terrible. Steeler fans outnumberd us 2 to 1. AS awful as they played the game had several chances of geting close except for turnovers at the goal line.. on both ends. Really depressing. At least the old dog killer got his clock cleaned- so the night was not a total loss. Beer was good and cold.. fried chicken was excellent.. Cohibas after were off the charts.

Sipping on my first beer a cold Pilsner Urquel..tasting mighty nice with leftover fried chicken. Headed to the cigar shop and trhe liquior store shortly- see how much the new tax!!!!!! pushed up prices. The people in raliegh should be..........well lets not go there. I am buying my beer and liquior in SC and my cigars someplace else as well.

Cheers gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panthers lookes like S%$!T......Awful..Horrible.. terrible. Steeler fans outnumberd us 2 to 1. AS awful as they played the game had several chances of geting close except for turnovers at the goal line.. on both ends. Really depressing. At least the old dog killer got his clock cleaned- so the night was not a total loss. Beer was good and cold.. fried chicken was excellent.. Cohibas after were off the charts.

Sipping on my first beer a cold Pilsner Urquel..tasting mighty nice with leftover fried chicken. Headed to the cigar shop and trhe liquior store shortly- see how much the new tax!!!!!! pushed up prices. The people in raliegh should be..........well lets not go there. I am buying my beer and liquior in SC and my cigars someplace else as well.

Cheers gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, Our sales tax just went up didn't it.

[:(]