3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

The Sansui "flu" or Sansui Alzheimer's...... The output coupling transistors require a signal in order to go. When they get old, they get tired and the dB threshold is not high enough to trigger them. There's caps etc involved, but the symptom is at low volumes, the left or right channel just stops.... If you turn the volume up and down couple times, it usuall solves the problem, but they need, like any other old vintage amps, to be gone through and the assorted things that are not up to spec.... replaced.

wow what a weekend of mixed emotions. had a red carpet invite to go to Daytona 24 for a number of events. All access pass- parking in the special Porsche area. Free booze- free food- hanging out with team crews and owners. Could not pull it off. younger son had a 17 th BD party planned from 3 weeks ago so yours truly had to stay and keep the teenage animals from burning the place down. Really sick about that one. Never get another chance like that.

Ice storm city here- streets deserted. mall was empty. buying clothes for the younger kin to travel to a debate contest with the school. Found a bunch of Hugo Boss stuff marked way down. picked up some killer suits to fit my now skinny @ss(lost 35 pounds) for a song- . Rode around and found one of my favorite resturants open with no line or wait which is unheard of.Killer Maytag blue cheese burger- fried dill pickles and a Kettle and tonic- fantastic. Smoked a great cohiba robusto at the cigar shop with friends and got back home just as the roads got really bad. Really great day rindin around in the 4x4 tahoe with the roads empty. going down to the teens tonite. tomorrow will be really bad-no thaw out- Monday morning will be awful.

Sipping on a Ketel and tonic flippiong back and forth between the Mecum acution and thje Rolex 24.

Everybody stay safe and warm- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keeping the bar open during the icestorm- what a shi**y day. driving in this left over ice patch mess- everything going wrong- too much stuff to do and no time to do it. Had a wonderful conversation with the guy who is selling me the VRDs. Typical nice forum member. WE talked about tubes and TTs for nearly a 1/2 hour.

finishing up the day with a jack and coke- my bottle is half full- drinks on me.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weather was OK today-foggy at first but turned off nice for a change- Nice to get back into the Cayman and out of that big @ss Tahoe for a couple of days- Pulled a few Gs on the way home today[6] weather is back to crap on friday- snow sleet rain- gotta drive in it to meet a customer in Greeensboro- nice!

WIfey is off to PF Changs with her girlfriends. Left with the kid tonite to fin for ourselves. I see a huge steak in my near future. Down to 185 today- can splurge a little. The VRDS are off to craig this wekend- now considering mods to the power supply and upgraded caps while he has it.

Anyway this Jack and coke is tasting mighty nice. Finish my one allowed drink and go find something to eat.

Cheers to everybody- stay warm

Tell me about your weight loss plan winchester....185 sounds light but you may be 4'7" for all I know[;)]

I'm on day 3 of my old standby....the Atkins diet. Need to lose the same ten I lossed last year[:S]

Good deal on the VRDs. Tell Craig they sound almost as good as Tarheel's Quicksilver Horn Monos[:)]

Cheers gents!

somebody buy me a drink...and fast. now, i don't pay too much attention to a lot of things; but, when i got divorced i changed my withholdings to Single Zero. just did my taxes and it says that i owe $2700 federal and $1800 state. I don't get it. is there a sub-zero category on the withholding form that i don't know about? is it normal for a single guy that is claiming S0 to have to have them withhold additional taxes each month to avoid having to pay? This really caught me by surprise. geez, i guess i should celebrate because i must be in the top 5% of wage earners, since obama said that 95% of americans would get a tax break.

I want to say, everyone is different, but I believe I still have mine at S0, and I don't think I have ever owed. I let my accountant take care of the stuff for me. Worth the $150 to have him go over it and sign off leaving me with some peace of mind. YMMV.

Off the the weight loss part. I Lost 40lbs over since October (started at 237, now 198). I started to walk from train to office every morning, about 30minutes/1.7miles, and was slowly building up my running/jog from 20-30-40-50-60minutes in the evenings. Also was doing some weights 3X a week. As for what I was eating. Blueberries/little fruit around 8am, Protein shake(EAS 17G protein, low carb thing) around 9:30am. Lunch is normally grilled chicken with steamed vegetables/spinach/borcolli. Dinner was fairly normal, but tried to keep the carbs down. I also do pushups/bicycle kicks in the am before showering to get to work. I think the big part of it has been really cutting out snacks, soda, and having 60+minutes of cardio a day, between the walking and jogging.

Everyone is different, and everyones body responds differently. Last time I tried to diet, it didn't really work. This time, I boosted the workout time, and it seems to make a difference. On the plus side I save $2.25 each day for walking vs the NYC subway.

Sorry to hear that stew...that could be an accounting error on your employers side. I would assume your W2s are correct...Karen had S0 for a few years, but they were never taking out as much as they should...we would look at our earnings which were not too far off and her federal withholding would be like 1/2 of mine. Don't forget to fill out your Schedule M as well if you qualify. This year kinda sucked being unemployed for a part...I actually had to do some creative work on our deductions because I was losing out on quite a few credits because I just did not have the money paid in and most you can't deduct past zero. Good luck, and reverify your withholdings with your employer...just because you changed your w-4 witholdings does not mean the accountant actually changed it in their payroll system. ACE

Big Stew- My blood is boiling reading your post. Find a good tax man- gotta be a way out. This is not right or fair in any manner. What BS this is. 95 % my @ss.

TH- Before I ate fast food lunches- sweets- cokes- 7-11 oat meal cookies for breakfast and gorged at night on huge steaks- bread- cheese- ice cream-chocolates- booze ect.. Passed the 220 mark and had a little meeting with myself. Stopped eating fast food period. Stopped buying ice cream. Drank a glass of OJ for breakfast. I eat the high dollar fiber breakfast bars for bruhch and lunch. For a change a can of pineapple chunks- not in sugar syrup. Lots of whole wheat stuff- But I eat pretty much what I want at night- except ice cream and sweets. I do eat some 100 cal sweets such as weight watchers or another brand that is expensive but tastes good when I feel the sweet urge. Drinks lots of bottled water. Drink tons of Indian river valencia oj.Basically- stop eating the crap that you know is bad in the first place. Also- banannas- apples- lots of Grapefruits. I eat bread in moderate amounts at night. After 3 weeks of pure hell your appitite will adjust to less junk and smaller portions. I am 6-3- down to 185-188 from 221. I can actually wear Italian suits now. Feel much better. Good luck with yours.

Sipping on a jack and water. Looking foward to my one big meal today- a NY strip and salad.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Big Stew- My blood is boiling reading your post. Find a good tax man- gotta be a way out. This is not right or fair in any manner. What BS this is. 95 % my @ss.

Thanks; but, you're done boiling come over and smack me around some. checked all my pay records for this year--my status didn't change from married to single until June. I would have bet serious money that i did it at the beginning of the year. i get paid every two weeks, so 12 pay periods of the incorrect withholding rate. The change, when it finally happened, was an extra $200 per month increase in fed tax. That's only an additional $1400 in taxes--they claim I owe $2700; but maybe the formula would have zeroed me out--i just don't know.

I need to be more responsible; but, i'm only 49.

on the bright side, i can buy you all a round tonite. when i divorced, i inherited our $19,000 debt to american express (home renovations and hawaii cruise). when i got divorced and lost my wife's income and my home, i still made the monthly payments. but, they lowered the limit, then said i was over the limit (wasn't over the limit until they started adding bogus fees) . i ignored the fees and just sent them $550 a month payment. they sent me to collection anyway--so i stopped paying them. today they offered to forgive 60% of the debt. they told me to pay 7600 either all at once or 316 a month for two years and they'll call it even; and when paid they will let the credit agencies know that i'm in good standing with them. the guy was very cool on the phone, he kept saying that he was reviewing my record and before this had an excellent record with them.

Look at this way Stew, you got to hold that money all year instead of Uncle Sam. I WANT to owe at the end of the year. [;)]

Also, the fact that you still owe them $2700 after a midyear filiing status change tells me you made some pretty good coin to boot.[Y]

IMHO you should pay off the CC as soon as possible and file an extension on your tax return.

Bummer Steve. I think that taxes owed are still due by April 15th even if you do file an extension, but I may be wrong.

Hoping everything works out.

Cheers.

Got some snow on the way here... maybe 3 to 5 inches the last I hears so it could be a lot worse. Finishing off my work week with a diet ginger ale.

Finishing off my work week with a diet ginger ale.

You're a wild and crazy guy Ben[:)] Need to send you a package again soon!

Winchester, Congrats on the diet....thats and impressive feat. Italian suits.....I would live happily ever after if I never wore a suit again....did that for awhile and I look terrible in them. And ties have to be the devils invention.

Stew..good news on the taxes[:S]

JL....good to see you drop by....what are you drinking? Put the next one on winchester's tab.

Ace....your bar stool has been dusty lately. Whats up with the job search?

This economy concerns me guys.....so I'm going to pour a long shot of Basil Hayden!

Cheers

No new luck on the job search...I applied to 3 new jobs this week, but not holding my breath. Been busy with a side job that is working out pretty nice for now, but will be finished soon. Having a Sapphire & Tonic watching the gross ice/snow/rain and thinking of getting some BBQ for dinner. Lots to do over weekend for Superbowl Party. Have a good evening all. ACE