Where's pilgrimage 2008 gonna be??

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I guess I will get the the bottom of it and say, "What is your point?"

Roger, I figured it was just sour grapes about the Colts victory over the Ravens in last years playoffs. Probably doesn't like Indy for that reason. At least that's my take on it. I read nothing else into it other than an Indy slam.

Go Colts.

Harry

Why not a Indy 500 float? Any other parade float too? OK, Larry thanks.. so you were thinking Indy parade.... and got the pic.. no harm then...

Just in case.... as per Harry.. Go Colts!

I do have a question? Do Raven fans feel guilty they stole the Browns team too? Do the Browns "faithful" hate Baltimore Ravens as much as in 1984 the Balitmore faithful still seems to at Indy?

So far, this year, this is the first year no announcer "acciidentally" screwed up and still called us the Baltimore Colts. BTW, that was 1984. A long time ago.

If it's in Hope in 2008, I will come, and I promise, and you can hold me to this!!! I will provide at least 4 kegs of Sam Adams for whatever beer bash, etc that would be appropriate for the kegs. Promise!!!! Ask dtel's wife, HarryO, Colter, etc. If I promise something, I will deliver!!!

You got my vote.

Hope in 2008!!!

All I can say if it's Hope, then I cannot attend........650 miles I can do driving, but an extra (1) day for travel AND airfare just isn't in the cards. Not that I wouldn't mind Hope, but it is a logistical issue for me.

Who knows, maybe they'll put it to a poll. I wish I could say it is a DEFINITE trip, but I can't at this time.

There's a good chance that I won't be able to attend in Hope either but would love to visit Hope. That is where it all began after all maybe more of a true Pilgrimage. It was hard enough to get to Indy with our girls being so active.

I live about an hour north of Indy so I'd prefer that the Pilgrimage be in Indy most years, at least logistically. Wouldn't have had the time to get to Hope this year. Indy may be the most sensible location from a logistics standpoint for Klipsch to organize and with the main engineering facilities in Indy it may be better to see what's in the works.

In any case, I think the Pilgrimage should be in Hope at least every few years, maybe every 3rd or 4th year.

I only wish I'd have found about the Pilgrimage a few years earlier. It's too much fun to pass up and it's refreshing to see people as excited and passionate about their work as the Klipsch people. They love what they do and it shows.

• Moderators

Apologies to the Hope-voters, but it will be held in Indy again this year, likely June. We are planning on hosting more extensive training and educational opportunities, which are tightly integrated to the facility and staff here.

I understand many of you will be disappointed, but the decision is final.

I'm just thrilled there continues to be such a high level of interest. [:)]

All I can say if it's Hope,  then I cannot attend........650 miles I can do driving,  but an extra (1) day for travel AND airfare just isn't in the cards.     Not that I wouldn't mind Hope,  but it is a logistical issue for me.   

Who knows,  maybe they'll put it to a poll.    I wish I could say it is a DEFINITE trip,  but I can't at this time. 

You do realize I was funnin' with you, right?  I can certainly understand wanting the gathering to be at a closer location (I'd like to see it happen in "The Wine Country" one of these years...yeah, that'll happen), and of course it's 95% about the people, but from what I've seen, Indy seems very "corporate" and CLEAN.  Not that I like it dirty (heh), and Hope was not, but I enjoyed some of the more "behind the scenes", "roll-up-your-sleeves" experiences there.