Show off your 2ch system

damonrpayne

Cool setup!!! I have a question, do you play your music with your amps on your speakers?

Thanks Jay. Yep - the top of the speakers are not the best place for tube amps from what I've read - eventually I'll move them when I get a new rack - I'm short on space at the moment. I've ensured the Cornwalls are sitting on rubber cups and the amps sit on thick rubber and then a black cloth mat. So far no problems at all - I do not feel any vibration on the top of the speakers - I'm not listening to them so loud that those 100lb puppies vibrate.

Thanks!

Chris

Those decorator Cornwalls look pretty cool and unique.

Thanks very much Islander, jrod. They guys that refinished them really took care of me - they suggested an ebony inlay around all the edges - at first I wasn't sure about it - but decided to pull the trigger - I'm very glad I did - it is very subtle but adds nice contrast against the red mahogany.

Thanks again,

Chris

Cool setup!!! I have a question, do you play your music with your amps on your speakers?

Thanks Jay. Yep - the top of the speakers are not the best place for tube amps from what I've read - eventually I'll move them when I get a new rack - I'm short on space at the moment. I've ensured the Cornwalls are sitting on rubber cups and the amps sit on thick rubber and then a black cloth mat. So far no problems at all - I do not feel any vibration on the top of the speakers - I'm not listening to them so loud that those 100lb puppies vibrate.

Thanks!

Chris
Chris,

If I were you I would move those amps as soon as I was able!!! You can not feel micro vibrations and I am pretty sure that is not really good for your amps.

Jay

ob, that's my wife and our son joe jr., 8 months old now.........every time i turn on those horns he starts dancing ( his idea of dancing is bouncing up and down ) if my arms can hold out as long as he can ill have 20" biceps in about a year, i wish i had half the energy that little dude has, wife took this of him today at nap time ( dont ask me how he got that binky up there ????????)

Joe

Couldn't agree more.... what gets me is their ability to drain the enrgy tank completely dry... and then CRASH!

1313537002.jpg

BTW... my current 2 channel set up...

1315162561.jpg

I have never taken the time to set up a profile because evrything keeps chaning pretty quickly. I swear I have been through so many Klipsch speakers and so much gear I dont know what sounds good anymore. This is pretty much my main system, the only thing I am not sure about yet is the preamp.

You can enlarge the pics by clicking on them.

post-29696-13819662017496_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Davis, great looking set up! Klipschorns are hard to beat right?

Tell us about the sub you are running. I've never felt the need to run a sub with my horns, but I sure have thought about it at times.

Its an SVS PB12 Ultra/2 but I barely use it. With tubes I lost some of my SS bass and just trying to get it back.

I have never taken the time to set up a profile because evrything keeps chaning pretty quickly. I swear I have been through so many Klipsch speakers and so much gear I dont know what sounds good anymore. This is pretty much my main system, the only thing I am not sure about yet is the preamp.

You can enlarge the pics by clicking on them.

Do they have openings where you work? ;^) "I'll have what he's having..."