McINTOSH MC60 RAFFLE (GORGEOUS PAIR)

Gilbert

Well you know what we could still do? Have a simulated raffle just the same. We get all the names together and Gary and company pull the name at their get together this weekend. Then we'd see who would of won and forty-odd people would be very pleased. And one poor soul would be broken. I think this should end with some sort of resolution. But this could be in bad taste. I don't know. But I am still intrigued as to what the outcome would've been. Mark

Hey Gilbert....sorry this didn't pull through.

I just checked my Paypal and didn't see a refund for the 3 tickets I purchased. If you get a chance, can you look into this...thanks.

jc

Does not surprise me one bit. They are a little touchy-feely over there.

They've gotten into a bit of a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality, true. It's a special thing to get an F-Bomb private message from the "All Audio, No Attitude" moderators. ;)

Sorry I missed the attempted raffle.

did everyone ELSE get their extra $100 refund for all our efforts to make this work? I swear...that Gilbert is one first class guy!! I would have been happy with just the money I sent him back, but Gilbert, the extra $100 was really uncalled for!

[;)]

(Just kidding of course)

Probably would have worked out fine had people not whined and complained publicly. If they wanted to bail out, they could have PM'd Gilbert privately. What a shame. That was our one try and we blew it.

Gary,

I always thought you were a stand up guy but your post, since

edited, agreeing that the number of tickets should stay as first stated, then

blaming the ones who did not agree with changing the number of tickets as

being the reason for the raffles demise confuses me.

rigma

Posted By: garymd in Garage Sale

Subject: Re: RAFFLE FOR A PAIR OF McIntosh

MC60's -- $38.50/Ticket

As I was driving into work this morning, I thought about the last post I saw

last night which was someone suggesting additional tix being sold. My thoughts

were the same as Bryan's. Either stick to the original number to keep the odds

the same as the initial rules stated or have a 2nd drawing for the excess

funds. Actually, I would think the original number would be the best idea. The

fewer rule changes, the better IMO.

I better go back and read the rest of the posts. I assume you liked the idea

of having the drawing this coming weekend?

I guess I should pay an extra hundred...It was my idea...

oh well...

KG

I'm gonna kick your asss seabass!!..... just kidding.... it was one hellofa good idea. Came back from work and found another $600 and change that went through paypal to me. I just finished refunding that lot of payments too. All in all, I collected over $2100 within the course of 12 ro 13 hours. We would have easily had the count by Wed., that's my feeling. Anyway, kaysara sara or however you spell it. Joe saved me a great deal of pain and suffering, and I am a believer in the ole saying, "Everything happens for a reason" and "Everything happens for the better". It may not be obvious at first, but with time, all things come to light.

Thanks guys, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

EDIT,

Now I gotta stop dreaming of the Turbo Porsche. I came so close to being able to afford it, foschizzle.

Gilbert,

Please check on my refund not received yet, PM with info sent.

thanks

Joe

Done. There were a few more in my paypal account when I got home from work. Should be all taken care of now. Sorry for the delay.

Everyone should now have their paypal payments refunded in full. If I find a couple of rouge payments tomorrow, I will take care of it promptly.

See ya tomorrow guys, and it was a good idea. I should have just shrugged off the accusations and complaints, and kept on crusing through the raffle. It's really my fault for not having thicker skin. But on the bright side, I did earn a few more caluses, or however you spell it.

did everyone ELSE get their extra $100 refund for all our efforts to make this work?  I swear...that Gilbert is one first class guy!!  I would have been happy with just the money I sent him back, but Gilbert, the extra $100 was really uncalled for!

[;)]

(Just kidding of course)

I didn't get a refund, but Gilbert sent me one of the amps.  What's up with that?

I guess I should pay an extra hundred...It was my idea...

oh well...

KG

I'm gonna kick your asss seabass!!..... just kidding.... it was one hellofa good idea. Came back from work and found another $600 and change that went through paypal to me. I just finished refunding that lot of payments too. All in all, I collected over $2100 within the course of 12 ro 13 hours. We would have easily had the count by Wed., that's my feeling. Anyway, kaysara sara or however you spell it. Joe saved me a great deal of pain and suffering, and I am a believer in the ole saying, "Everything happens for a reason" and "Everything happens for the better". It may not be obvious at first, but with time, all things come to light.

Thanks guys, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

EDIT,

Now I gotta stop dreaming of the Turbo Porsche. I came so close to being able to afford it, foschizzle.

so i gather you are trying to contribute klipsch yanking your raffle to me because i backed out !!!!!!!!!!, i didnt change back and forth on what i started, and quite frankly it would be illegal, and WRONG to change the conditions of a RAFFLE after it has started, please take a moment to find anything derogatory from me B-4 the point where you started wavering on the terms........... its great that so many here find a wavering deal normal and have no issue with it. (right up to the time when the 104th ticket buyer wins, i wander who would have been bitching if that had happened) you may also want to take a look and see that i was not alone in my discontent and not the only person to back out, and my posts were no more critical than any others in that regard.......it seems to be a typical reaction today for an individual to fail at something due to there oun actions and then look for a scapegoat to point a finger at and say it's his / her fault, it doesnt hurt your ego as much if you can convince yourself someone else is at fault for your failure........................but if it helps you and others to point a finger at me, so you all feel better, go ahead, ive got some pretty broad shoulders and im happy to help, so you can feel better

Joe

Probably would have worked out fine had people not whined and complained publicly. If they wanted to bail out, they could have PM'd Gilbert privately. What a shame. That was our one try and we blew it.

Gary,

I always thought you were a stand up guy but your post, since edited, agreeing that the number of tickets should stay as first stated, then blaming the ones who did not agree with changing the number of tickets as being the reason for the raffles demise confuses me.

rigma

Posted By: garymd in Garage Sale

Subject: Re: RAFFLE FOR A PAIR OF McIntosh MC60's -- $38.50/Ticket

As I was driving into work this morning, I thought about the last post I saw last night which was someone suggesting additional tix being sold. My thoughts were the same as Bryan's. Either stick to the original number to keep the odds the same as the initial rules stated or have a 2nd drawing for the excess funds. Actually, I would think the original number would be the best idea. The fewer rule changes, the better IMO.

I better go back and read the rest of the posts. I assume you liked the idea of having the drawing this coming weekend?

Rigma,

The post to which I was referring when I wrote that was Mike suggesting the ticket count go up to 150. Go back and look at the post just before mine from the prior evening. There's a huge difference between 104 and 150. Yes, I edited it after going back and reading everyone's comments. I had only seen Bryan's before I made that post and assumed the additional tickets to which he was referring was a much higher number. I wasn't trying to be a hypocrite and to those who think I was, well, you're entitled to your opinion.