An update on Tom's life

Tom Adams

Some of you long-timers might remember that last year I posted a thread about my wife leaving me and the subsequent almost a year of living apart. The short version is that in February of this year (Feb. 13th to be exact which just happens to be my birthday) she said she had finally made up her mind and she wanted a divorce. Nice birthday gift, eh?? Actually, in hindsight, it has indeed turned out to be a great gift (more on that in a moment).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So, I try every means possible to buy our house on my own, but sadly, there just was no way. In the mean time, our living apart and trying to maintain two residences soaked us financially. And to make matters worse, she, the corporate finance/accountant person whom I trusted and believed in, basically ran us into the ground since she was still handling all our finances. I know, I know big mistake. I was in love (or I thought I was). Its a long convoluted story, but the bottom line was that we were literally broke in the worst way. But..I had my health, my dog, my Klipsch speakers, and a good job what more could I want??

During this upheaval period, I also reconnected with God and got back to being involved with my church and started meeting some very nice folks. Life was getting better & better and the Ex was fading fast as I concentrated on God and myself (in that order) - I even had the occasional dinner date.

One afternoon a friend calls and asks me to meet her and her friends for a drink. I decline. She begs and I give in. I get to this place (late) that Ive never been to before and wouldve never have gone to otherwise. Its obvious from the stares that this is a locals local bar and judging from the size of the belt buckles, I was wondering if I might have to fight my way out. Ok so it wasnt that bad. Anyhow.

I spy this very attractive lady who oddly is looking in my direction. I smile, she smiles, I get nervous (cause no female has ever eyed me) and my friend gives me grief for being too shy to go over and introduce myself. Next thing I know, someone is tapping me on the shoulder.

Her: Hi, my name is Donna. How are you?

Me: Uhhhh.fine.

Her: Ok lets try this again. I say hi, my name is Donna and you say, my name is ????

Me: Oh, sorry. My name is Tom.

Well, we chat for some time and dance a couple of times and I ask if I can call sometime and possibly get together for dinner to which she says yes. That was 6 months ago and since then, my already great life has gotten even better. So good in fact that you can read about it here:

http://www.coastalcourier.com/news/article/3422/

Tom

Congrats Tom! Glad things worked out for the best.

So, who got the picture?

LOL......I got the picture Gary (the picture Gary is referring to is a pencil sketch portrait of various images of Frank Sinatra that I got from Gary) and it's hanging in our home. Shoot - I got all the A/V equipment and all the stuff that was in the HT room. The Ex pretty much gave me everything.

And a heart felt thanks to all of you for your kind words. I know that Donna & I's romance has the perception of being whirl-wind, but she & I had some very long, honest, heart-to-heart conversations about what we were doing, what we wanted, where we wanted to go, etc., etc. In the end, we believe that God brought us together and that although we're not perfect - we're perfect for each other.

Having said all that, I must confess that all is not perfect. I mean......

Are you ready for this?????

My Cornwalls have (fake) plants on them. [:(]

But all is not lost. I've been given the green light to build a 20' x 24' garage/work shop - a true man cave. You know, with running hot & cold water, toilet, CATV, etc. And there lies my next challenge - to put together a b*tchin' garage sound system!! [:D] [Y]

Again - thanks for the nice comments. I'm humbled by your well wishes. [:)]

Tom

Having said all that, I must confess that all is not perfect. I mean......

Are you ready for this?????

My Cornwalls have (fake) plants on them. [:(]

Great for both of you!!

As for the plants on the Cornwalls... the easy fix is swap em out for some Jubilees! The Jubilee has GOT to be the most 'anti-plant-on-top' speaker made!

I be real careful with that Man's Room ............... You might end up living in it...................[:$]

LOL.....Hey OB....when I was "spec'ing out" the garage/workshop, Donna asked why I needed the plumbing and all that other jazz. And I said it's so when I'm in the dog house I'll have a comfortable dog house to go to!!! LOL [:D]

Tom