Palladium versus Klipschorns?

DTLongo

Ya know.... all you Jubilee kissers need to smell some coffee....

I'm just now, finishing my acquisition of 3 more Heresy's, giving me a total of 5 (2 are the industrial type with handles and 3 are standard black)

hmm..... I wonder what he knows....and what is he up to? (they all wonder)

(now excuse me while I go back to smelling coffee and kissing my Jubillees)

jubilee kissers! That's a good one.

What is interesting about this discussion is that very few have ever heard Palladium. Perhaps no one at all in this thread.

The jubilee kissers know of which they speak... and they all seem most interested in hearing palladium.

There are a couple speakers on my list to hear in the next couple years not just Klipsch. Unfortunately there aren't many fully horn loaded systems on the market. I understand Josh from ElectronLuv is currently working on one.

Klipsch Paladium

JBL Everest

Quad ESL-2905

Edgar Horn Titan II

I have preconceived notions on how they will each sound but I hope to
be suprised when I get to hear them. None of these it seems will be
available locally for a demo so it is a good thing I like road trips.
I'll be going to Memphis and Dallas hopefully in the next month or so
does anyone know of good audio stores in these towns?

• Moderators

"Is the Industrial LaScala a Heritage speaker? Since it came from the commercial line and finished in black -- it's not Heritage?"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So I do not have a mostly heritage theater... Oh My..... I better run down replace em with something else?

Better hurry Indy before everybody realizes those aren't Heritage !

I really like you so I will help relive you of a pair so you only have 2.5 pair to move so you can put in some REAL speakers in there ! [6]

You would have to be [:S]

"Is the Industrial LaScala a Heritage speaker? Since it came from the commercial line and finished in black -- it's not Heritage?"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So I do not have a mostly heritage theater... Oh My..... I better run down replace em with something else?

Indy,

I'd be happy to take them off your hands if you're just going to throw them out. You could even come and visit. I'd even be willing to make it a semi-permanent loan and let you have them back when you came to your senses. Like you'll ever get rid of your Industrial LaScalas! I can almost hear Michael breathing heavily - wipe the drool off your chin man, I'm pretty sure he's kidding. But if not, I can get to Indy pretty quickly....

• Moderators

I have had the opportunity to hear the Khorns and Jubs/402 in an A/B listening test. I would opt for the Jubs, but then again, I also heard the MCMs/402 vs Jub/402 in an A/B listening test....I would opt for the MCM set up. That being said I am not quite as particular as some women on the "appearance" of speakers. I would opt for sound over looks!

According to Ms. Valerie Klipsch, PWK was hoping the "Jubilee" would debut as the 50th Anniversary Khorn. Upon hearing the prototype of the Jubilee PWK said the Jubilee was in no way related to the Khorn. Thus we have two entirely different speakers which appeal to different listeners.

I have seen several Jubilees, both "unfinished" and finished. Based on my observations the Jubilees can be finished to look as good as any Khorn on the market.

As far as the Palladium goes, I not many (if any) of us have had the opportunity to hear them. I am sure as with all Klipsch speakers we will be surprised. With different pricing available on the various models I am sure they will appeal to a lot of folks. They are indeed beautiful speakers and will surely gain WAF in the audio market.

Miss Amy posted earlier that the P-39F is the flagship of the Palladium line. (Forgive me, but I think I called it PF39 [:$] in an earlier post - but this is a friendly community, we've forgiven the former B*** guy).

Being a Klipsch product, I'm sure the P-39F and other Palladium speakers will be spectacular... and if it doesn't do some things as well as a Klipschorn or Jubilee, they'll probably be "allowed" into a lot more homes due to the higher SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor - I'm sure there's a few husbands of music loving wives who can't stand their wive's big ugly speakers). They'll probably also fit into a lot more spaces than a Klipschorn or Jubilee or LaScala - though the size of the P-39F would seem to still require a good sized room.

And the Palladiums may do some things better. Can't imagine the bass will have the vanishing low distortion of a horn loaded bass bin, but even if not, it may dig a little deeper or have other qualities. The midrange, while horn loaded, is different. Is it better? Who knows until they get a chance to hear it.

The Pallasium line may become one of Klipsch's biggest sellers. Who knows. I hope they sell very well. Some people who get introduced to Klipsch through the Palladium line may gravitate to the Heritage or Reference or even Synergy lines. New products that introduce more people to the sound of Klipsch can only be a good thing. (The potential of the IMAGE and Custom IEMs to introduce people to Klipsch is staggering)

I really hope I get a chance to hear them. I'm sure I won't know if I like them better than Klipschorns or Jubilees if I can't hear them side by side, but I bet they'll sound exceptionally good.

I'm not going to comment about the sound of any speaker mentioned in this thread. But I will say I'm LMAO on how the tables have turned.

Yeah, and we can't even call them ugly.:) Seriously, at $15,000 a pair I have no problem if they end up running circles around my Jubilees. For that kind of money they better.