Palladium versus Klipschorns?

DTLongo

now I have to wonder what my 60th Anniversary Khorns are worth....

Is there no end to this MADNESS???

Exotic veneer. Very limited production run. Finest production Klipschhorn ever built. Did I mention that something like 200 pairs built?

Priceless. (or whatever the market will pay should you decide to part with them - like that'll happen soon)

Look at the bright side. More Palladium speakers will fit in less floor space..... (but still take up quite a bit of room) and you do get a Klipsch employee discount ... how big are you making that workshop / speaker warehouse?...

I'm not going to comment about the sound of any speaker mentioned in this thread. But I will say I'm LMAO on how the tables have turned.

Yeah, and we can't even call them ugly.:) Seriously, at $15,000 a pair I have no problem if they end up running circles around my Jubilees. For that kind of money they better.

I doubt that just as much as I doubt the Jub running circles around the Khorn, Lascala or Belle.

Craig

I'm not going to comment about the sound of any speaker mentioned in this thread. But I will say I'm LMAO on how the tables have turned.

Yeah, and we can't even call them ugly.:) Seriously, at $15,000 a pair I have no problem if they end up running circles around my Jubilees. For that kind of money they better.

I doubt that just as much as I doubt the Jub running circles around the Khorn, Lascala or Belle.

Craig

Craig,

Are you just saying that to get Dean revved up? He used to say the same thing. Now he's a believer.

Craig

I am not sure how large of a difference or improvement constitutes "running circles around ...". However in my estimation and on an absolute scale, La Scalas and KHorns both sound very good. However, in my estimation and on a relative scale K-Horns "run circles" around a La Scala.

Maybe we are simply using words differently, but I was surprised to see La Scalas and K-Horns lumped into the same category. Perhaps the comparison between a Jubilee and a KHorn should be considered separately from the comparison between a Jubilee and a La Scala.

-Tom

That 402 horn on top of a La Scala bottom is pretty nice too!

BINGO!!!

I realize it's a "system" and all the parts have to work together but with that said, I really am beginning to think the "secret ingredient" with the Jubilees good sound, is the K-402.

I've now heard my Jubes with the 402 and LaScalas with 402. I think the LaScalas with the 402 sound closer to the "Jubilee sound" than a standard Khorn does.

Now, if I can just figure out some way to mate the K402 to the earbuds on my Walkman, I'll be in business!!

• 2 weeks later...

So Klipsch has a new Flagship? The Palladium... Hmmmm

That might explain why the Jubilee was never fully developed as the flagship. Klipsch engineers were working on something else! Obviously, the amount of money spent on developing a loudspeaker like the Palladium left very little for developing the Jubilee. Anyway it would have been a pointless exercise given the current consumer desire for sleeker (although not necessarily smaller) designs. The Palladium looks like a styling exercise that will be acceptable in most modern home decors. I imagine Klipsch engineers have ensured the sound will be far superior to the commercial Jubilee, and the Palladium might even give the mighty Klipschorn a run - although my money would still be on PWK's legacy.

Forget the underdeveloped Jubilee - this is one loudspeaker that I could aspire to...

post-15368-13819349717076_thumb.gif

How about a side by side comparison Paladium, Klipschorn, and Klipschorn Jubilee? I would put my money on PWKs 60+ years of experience and success which built the company.

Hmmmm doing a search of the Klipsch site for "Klipschorn Jubilee" brings back no return............interesting. When did Klipschorn get added to the Jubilee name?

Craig