NFL..TaDa

hammertop

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you are probably aware that the Packers are sold out and there is a season ticket waiting list that probably exceeds 100,000. (I’ve been on that one for 15 years and I’m about 55,000 away.) What you might not know is that the Packers once played one pre season and three regular season games in Milwaukee. I’ve had the Milwaukee (Gold Ticket Package) for 25 years. When they opted to play all games at Lambeau, the Milwaukee folks got porked a little. They cut us down to one pre season and two regular season games. When the team makes the play-offs, the GB ticket holders get first right of refusal. The only positive for us is that, (supposedly) they are only allowed 4 seats regardless of how many they have. Still, for the Gold Package ticket holders; getting play-off tickets is difficult. We go into a draw and if we are lucky enough to be picked, our seats are usually far from prime time.

Well, I drew this year so I have four seats for the game in two weeks. Personally, I could care less whether I go there or watched the game at home. My wife says “sell, sell, sell” but the two kids want to go, go, go! January 13th in Green Bay can be brutal! I love my kids. I’ve been offered $300 a seat which would yield a nice $768 profit. This could be Favre’s last year. They could bomb like they did against Atlanta a few years ago. Any game at Lambeauy is usaully a great time. I'm not all that fond of people that put cheese on their heads. I do have warm hunting clothes.! What should I do?

I was hoping the Pack would play the Redskins and that my pal the GMan would consider coming out from MD. That can’t happen in the first two rounds but there is a way they could meet in the NFC Championship Game. If that becomes a reality I think he should come for the weekend! We could leave the wives at home, (my wife loves the Pack but only goes to September games) and take my kids who happen to really like both the Pack and the GMan.

I'm a little pissed-off ; What ever happened to "Keep the Redskins out of the Play-offs" ? Real Cowboy fans remember those days ............. I'm not saying the Redskins shouldn't have won, actually they scare me, but the Cowboys laid down ............. Big Time, laid down .............. Jerry and Wade may regret that decision later in the playoffs .............. atleast look like you're trying to win, Gee, the Giants atleast did that with the Pats ......... Pretty poorly planned game Cowboys ................. better wake up or it will be One and Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little pissed-off ; What ever happened to "Keep the Redskins out of the Play-offs" ? Real Cowboy fans remember those days ............. I'm not saying the Redskins shouldn't have won, actually they scare me, but the Cowboys laid down ............. Big Time, laid down .............. Jerry and Wade may regret that decision later in the playoffs .............. atleast look like you're trying to win, Gee, the Giants atleast did that with the Pats ......... Pretty poorly planned game Cowboys ................. better wake up or it will be One and Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers and Colts laid down too -- disgusting. Maybe they need to get rid of game 16 for those teams that are in before that (since they're aren't going to play anyways) -- and have one game playoffs for the teams that are trying to get in.

I agree about keeping the Redskins out of the play-offs.... Sheesh, they will probably come back and beat Dallas... I just think that Red Ball took his foot off of the throttle when they clinched the East.

Regarding Boomac's playoff tickets:

USE THEM. As an experienced attendee of numerous NFL playoff tilts, including 5 conference championships and 3 Super Bowls, I am here to tell you that there is NOTHING like playoff football. I'll tell you the same thing I told IndyKlipschFan when he got drawn for Super Bowl tickets last year - this is THE REASON you become a season ticket holder in the first place - to see your team go for the championship. One can make money from numerous other methods and lines of work, but use your playoff tix, because it might be a long time before such opportunity is seen again.

Regarding teams "lying down":

If you are upset because your team failed to make the playoffs - because some other team didn't play all of their starters - well, the only thing I can say is that your team should have played better and won more games during the regular season. The teams that "laid back" because their playoff position was secure EARNED that right to protect those starters for the playoff run. The one team that went against the grain - the New York Giants - will most certainly hear about this if they lose next week to Tampa. Somehow I think the Giants fans won't be too happy about playing the Pats tough if the Giants lose to Tampa - and you can GUARANTEE that the New York press will want Coughlin's head on a plate if this occurs.

back in the mid/late 80's on the los angeles lakers final game of the season, which they had homecourt locked up, pat riley didn't play his starters (magic, kareem, worthy). they league fined the team (25K i think) saying that they cheated the fans that purchased tickets for that game thinking they were going to see the superstars play.

Audible – I went to the 2003 play-off game against Atlanta only to have the Packers lay and egg. You got a sense the minute they came onto the field that they weren’t going to win. Michael Vick had a great game but seriously, he was playing against a team that was either unprepared or unconvinced they could win. I blame Mike Sherman, the coach at the time, for the lack of fire! It was like……we drove 3 hours in this traffic, sat in the cold and were forced to watch this? Then came Sherman’s bone head decisions during the Eagles play-off game in 04. My brother had tickets to that fiasco and I almost flew in to attend. My old friends and relatives in the Delaware Valley are still laughing about that one.

I do like our new coach tho’ and I credit him, (for the most part) with this season’s success. The team is usually prepared and they look like a tightly knit team. I’m still on the fence!

Please, the fight doesn't always go to the strongest, nor the race to the swiftest, but it's a good way to bet".

As a transplanted Californian, who has been in New England, for some time and have watched as we transformed into a football state,between The Patriots and BC, it's quite impressive.

After a 16-0 season, Tom Brady was his usual modest, focused self, as any good platoon leader would be. For all you Dallass fans, I have but one thing to say "Patriots Rule".

TX, isn't that home to the two cities with the highest rates of obescity in the USA ?

The Cowboys have some great talent for sure, but they are not as strong as their record. (Just look at the 92-93 team) They can clearly play well, but they can also loose to 70% of the NFL teams out there. It’s a fragile bunch which has been riding an incredible streak. DeMarcus Ware has been fantastic regardless. That guy is a "god" like. I am a fan and I really hope it turns out well this season. Phillips is a "good" coach, but he can't build a team like Parcells did, so if the team does fail, the next few seasons could be tough. Anyway my dream is that this season Dallas beats the Pats in the Super bowl.

Are you guys kidding me? The Skins dominated from start to finish with Cowboy starters in the game most of the first half. Maybe if TO made the trip it would have been a little different but the way the Skins have been playing the past 3 games compared to the Cowboys??? I suppose the playoffs will have to be the real test.

AND YES MR BOOMAC..........IF THE SKINS AND PACKERS MEET IN 3 WEEKS, I'LL BE THERE!!!!