Owner's Report - The First Hundred Days of Jubilee Ownership

Bill W.

Mike,

I was actually able to compare the Jubilees with my TSCM system and the LaScalas on the outdoor patio. The Jubilees "come together" at closer range than either of the other systems but more importantly for my application, they maintain musical detail and articulation to a much greater distance. At 175', they have greater clarity than the LaScalas do at about 60'.

Bill,

This sounds like the K-402 horn or the K-69 driver is a dramatic improvement over the two-horn upper drivers in your other systems. Maybe the Controlled Directivity (CD) K-402 crossing at ~500 Hz (since it's horizontal and vertical mouth dimensions can maintain CD down to this frequency) IS the big story here. This is a low enough frequency where the ear begins to not be sensitive to directionality, where the distance between the ears is much less than one wavelength.

Correcting for driver delay is probably a big factor, too. Anyone know how phased-array radars work? I.e., Aegis SPY, PATRIOT, most aircraft-mounted radars, etc.

Chris

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill W.

Am I to understand you have these in Sedona now? I'm only about 4 miles from the intersection of I-17 and the 101. Not that far. Post a note if I could visit mabe week after next? I'd like to have a good excuse to get away from town and work and all that.

Hi Tom,

email sent

Bill

• Moderators

Bill W.

Am I to understand you have these in Sedona now? I'm only about 4 miles from the intersection of I-17 and the 101. Not that far. Post a note if I could visit mabe week after next? I'd like to have a good excuse to get away from town and work and all that.

Hi Tom,

email sent

Bill

I believe I predicted last September that there would be Jubs in Sedona by year's end. Therefore I believe I am the winner of the pool.

Tom,

I am really interested in hearing your comments about the Sedona Jubs. However, I will take any review with a grain of salt since I have it on good authority that the Sedona Jubs will sound better and different then any other Jubs on the face of the planet for two very simple reasons:

1. The Sedona Jubs are made from a one of a kind special plywood;

2. Each of the Sedona Jubs has been located and alligned with an energy vortex found only in Sedona.

Still looking forward to the review.

Travis

Wow, you know about the secret energy vortex? That's really scary. Sedona audiophiles are an advanced fom of life. Instead of putting cones under components they use little crystal pyramids.

See me for all your little crystal pyramid needs. I can get them wholesale for you AND give the fleet discount.

• Moderators

Travis

Travis,

You're crackin' me up!!!

I know, and to think they bought that part of you not having a digital camera, when in fact everyone knows that you can't take a photo of your speakers because of the vortexs. It is widely known the vortex's cause distortion of digital images including, but not limited to: if one looks very closely you can make out the image of Bob Dylan in many photos in the presence of a real Vortex.

Travis

I will say this again... my Khorns sounded better

Hmmmmmmmm Wink

It might be useful to quote a little more of Coytee's post...

<snip>

I will say this again... my Khorns sounded better when I was standing something like 30' away from them (never really measured the distance) than they did when I was in the open ended room with them (as they fired from the corner into the open end, opening up to foyer and dining room)

The Jubilees simply do NOT have this difference in sound and the room has not changed, so it's GOTTA be the speaker somehow? (my opinion)

<snip>

[;)]

Actually, the restaurant is in Silverton Colorado. We operate May through October each year then return home to Arizona for the winter.

Bill,

How do you set up your Jubs outside, e.g., do you use a mixer at your restaurant? What kind of amps? How do you weatherproof your electronics, or do you keep them inside?

Chris