Sweet Thrift Store Finds

Lonelobo

Made a great score on about 50 1st issue rock lps from the late 60's. Lots of Colombia 2-eyes. GREAT condition for the most part. 1A/1A mint- copy of the 1st Santana album, Stones, Cream, Procol Harum, The Band, Dylan, Neil Young, Tubes, Dead, Youngbloods, Buffalo Springfield, The Hollies...I've got some cleanin' and playin' to do!!

I spy Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth [Y]

Wow those are crazy.....The rectangle Haywood will have to go elsewhere. They had the circular table to match but I ran out of money. There was someone that had seen the couch on Friday but needed to measure to see if it would fir. I called the guy on Sunday to pick it up... They aren't open on Sunday : ) Gotta move quick : )

Not hifi related but I've started collecting mid century modern and atomic style furniture. Check out what I scored today : )

IMG_1277.JPG

This is the khorn room and it puts the sweet spot in the crack Embarrassed ...........

Ouch! That sounds uncomfortable! [:S]

Sweet Find! Nice Looking Furniture.

Dennie

I picked up a Phillips 312 turntable at one of my local flea markets for 3 bucks. It dosen't have the slide-in head shell and they are like hens teeth. Can the tone arm on this table be replaced? There are alot of local flea markets and thrift stores in my area, all with large selections of vinyl. Thought it might be fun to tinker with.

Darrell

Just last week a client gave me a Sansui 2000x. She said it had only been used at christmas time for the last 20 years. Hooked it to the khorns in the master bedroom with an oppo 971. Man it sounds great. Gives taking a shower a whole new meaning.

Darrell

Our daughters were out and locked their keys in the car so went to unlock the door for them and stopped by the local Goodwill on the way back to the office. CD selection was the skimpiest I'd seen there.

Found a couple of LPs that should be worthwhile.

John Fischer - Inside Light LS-5711 1977

Boots Randolph - Boots With Strings Monument SLP 18066 1966

They had an Oscar Peterson trio live album cover was in pretty good shape but the vinyl was kind of iffy.... but might clean up nicely and sound pretty good. Hard to tell. Nice and clean looking albums sometimes sound pretty noisy.

• 4 weeks later...

4 CDs from the local Goodwill.

DeGarmo & Key - History Makers 15 of The Bands Greatest Recordings

DeGarmo & Key History Makers

David Sanborn - Songs From The Night Before

Songs From The Night Before

Various - 50's Sock Hop - a fun K-Tel collection of oldies

50's Sock Hop

Various - New Millennium Disco Party The Divas - Rhino collection of Disco Divas - looks like there's a whole series of New Millennium titles

Disco Party The Divas

4 CDs from the local Goodwill.

DeGarmo & Key - History Makers 15 of The Bands Greatest Recordings

DeGarmo & Key History Makers

David Sanborn - Songs From The Night Before

Songs From The Night Before

Various - 50's Sock Hop - a fun K-Tel collection of oldies

50's Sock Hop

Various - New Millennium Disco Party The Divas - Rhino collection of Disco Divas - looks like there's a whole series of New Millennium titles

Disco Party The Divas

Now that does bring back some memories. I saw Degarmo and Key open for Petra a very very very very very very very long time ago. Wasn't even old enough to drive myself to the concert nor able to leave early. On another note I picked up a RezBand - Hostage LP this weekend. I was a bigger fan of the band DA or Daniel Amos.

Update.. more cool stuff from thrift stores. Found a Quintet II 5.0 system for $25 in great condition the other week.

Posted Image.

Posted Image

Then last night I went to Goodwill and found some giant boxes with "Klipsch" on them. They turned out to be these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

$75 took both out, both in awesome condition with just one minor scratch down the side of one (I'll fix it somehow). Functionally? Perfect.

From the Goodwill by the Castleton Square Mall in Indy.....

LPs

Carole King - Thoroughbred - A&M 1975

Lady Antebellum - Lady Antebellum - Capitol 2008 - Factory sealed virgin vinyl. Produced in this century. $1.06

looks a bit too country for my tastes but maybe it'll be more pop than country?

yep country
- nominated for 2 country grammy awards in 2009 and 2010

Promotional vinyl. Didn't know they put out promotional vinyl.

CDs

2nd Chapter of Acts - 20 - Sparrow 1992

Various Artists - The Earth Day Album - EMI / Earth Day Canada 1991

The Rippingtons - Life In The Tropics - Peak 2000

I've yet to find big boxes with Klipsch on 'em.... [:(]

Update.. more cool stuff from thrift stores. Found a Quintet II 5.0 system for $25 in great condition the other week.

IMG_0664.jpg.

IMG_0669.jpg

Then last night I went to Goodwill and found some giant boxes with "Klipsch" on them. They turned out to be these:

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

$75 took both out, both in awesome condition with just one minor scratch down the side of one (I'll fix it somehow). Functionally? Perfect.

OK, this is a bit much. Just what area of the Twilight Zone do you live in and can you provide a map?

Dave