60th anniversary Klipschorn

mdbrien

I just wanted to share something that is very exciting to me. As most of you probably know that Klipsch auctioned off two pairs of the 60th anniversary Klipschorns on EBay. You guessed it! I am one of the lucky ones. According to the tracking numbers, I should have them Monday. I will post pictures! Also, a special thanks to Amy for answering all my questions during the process. Klipsch is lucky to have you! Thanks again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Well congratulations user_IsOffline.gifMdbrien, nice choice, have you seen or heard a pair in person yet ?

The best black finish I have ever seen on a speaker, very nice looking and of course they sound great

Well congratulations user_IsOffline.gifMdbrien, nice choice, have you seen or heard a pair in person yet ?

The best black finish I have ever seen on a speaker, very nice looking and of course they sound great

No dtel, I've never seen a pair in person. Also I've never had the chance to hear the original Khorns. I currently have a pair of La Scalas and a pair of Heresys. They should arrive Monday the 10th. I will power them with an Aragon 8008BB amp and an Aragon Aurum Preamp. I will post pictures when they arrive. My room size is 22' x 22' with 10' ceilings.

Does anyone know how many pair were distributed in the US? It looks like from the searching I've been doing that most of them were shipped overseas.

Congrats.

The finish is lovely with the black and lacewood. Also the serial number is an engraved copper plate with an image of Mr. Paul. Also the back is closed up so question of proper corner seal goes away. There's a portal window to see the crossover inside the HF. Very cool.

Can't wait to see your pics and review on the sound.

• Moderators

No dtel, I've never seen a pair in person. Also I've never had the chance to hear the original Khorns. I currently have a pair of La Scalas and a pair of Heresys. They should arrive Monday the 10th. I will power them with an Aragon 8008BB amp and an Aragon Aurum Preamp. I will post pictures when they arrive. My room size is 22' x 22' with 10' ceilings.

Does anyone know how many pair were distributed in the US? It looks like from the searching I've been doing that most of them were shipped overseas.

The only others that I know of before these last 2 ebay sales were a forum member, Speakerfritz. The finish on the 60th models is unbelieavable, the ones we saw in Hope looks like piano grade finish with many other nice extras like Dee said, like a little window to see the crossovers, a nice name plate with PWK's likeness and a short story.

All i can say is wait to you see and hear them ! [<:o)] You did good. [;)]