Crown XTi 1000 review from the expert!

runandwin

Wutch U Talkin' Bout JB?"

I think the man owns a Crown !!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bucky...........Gary Coleman!!!!!!!!!Wink

I believe Phillip Drummond also enjoyed Crown Amps.

Yes, I remember Phillip and Willis arguing about a hissing noise.

Edna Garrett always came to the rescue during such arguements by making everyone ice cream sundays. She was so much better than Pearl. You know the good silverwear never went missing during Mrs. Garrett stay as housekeeper, once Pearl come on board, they couldn't keep decent complete set of Onieda in the apartment.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tigerwoodkhorns:

Sorry about the bridge comment. But have you ever considered humidity, temperature, and pressure affecting your speaker performance as it does my K-horns leading you to believe that your electronics are the culprit? I am curious as to why speaker specs are not keyed to a certain pressure/humidity/temperature fundamental base. I get the same changes in performance that you alluded to caused by my K-horns, but it is not connected to warm-up or break-in. My speaker performance coincides with these atmospheric changes. Most noticeable in bass output and very high frequency clarity. I normally listen at 98 SPL in a medium sized room. And yes, I have crummy Denon SS receivers.

JJK

tigerwoodkhorns:

Sorry about the bridge comment. But have you ever considered humidity, temperature, and pressure affecting your speaker performance as it does my K-horns leading you to believe that your electronics are the culprit? I am curious as to why speaker specs are not keyed to a certain pressure/humidity/temperature fundamental base. I get the same changes in performance that you alluded to caused by my K-horns, but it is not connected to warm-up or break-in. My speaker performance coincides with these atmospheric changes. Most noticeable in bass output and very high frequency clarity. I normally listen at 98 SPL in a medium sized room. And yes, I have crummy Denon SS receivers.

JJK

Thank you for being civil, and I apologize too.

My only comment was that SS may need a break in time as some with other electronics. I buy almost everything off of Audiogon, so my equipment usually has many hours on it.

My older posts around here from a few years ago always said that wires do not make a difference and many of the tweaks are snake oil. I still believe this, but just last week I went from as pair of Kimber cables to solid 12 guage copper wire as a test. The difference was very noticable. Much less treble and less detail. I was really shocked as I usually do not believe the cable stories, but it was really noticeable. I make my own interconnects from Mogami Quad mic cable and I received the Kimber speaker cable in 1984 as a gift. I won't buy high dollar interconnects. Too much of a gamble, you don't know if it will make a difference, and if it does if it will be an improvement.

I have a friend who has MIT cables (the ones with the Zoebel box) and they did sound different after a while. I tried a pair of MIT's and they sounded different too. If all of this voodo actually can make a difference, then a break in period for SS may make a difference (even though I have never experienced it personally on an amp).

I had a Denon SS receiver with K Horns, it sounded great. This was when I first got my K Horns and I didn't understand why everyone said that SS was harsh because the Denon was never harsh.

I don't believe in break-in -- which is why I don't take anything I hear in the first week seriously.

I don't believe wire makes a difference either -- which is why I changed out my stranded copper going to my horns, and replaced it with 14AWG Litz that I peeled from an inductor.

The key to surviving on the Klipsch forum is saying one thing and doing another. Do as I do not as I say. :)

The key to surviving on the Klipsch forum is saying one thing and doing another. Do as I do not as I say. :)

Nahhhhhhh the key to enjoying (surviving) the Klipsch forum is to stay away.........then when you do come back all the posts and subjects really seem humorous with some things even bordering on insanity. I've really been getting a kick out of this place from the perspective of not being right in the middle of the mess on the day to day basis.

Try it for a month or two it's really a kick.

Craig

I've really been getting a kick out of this place from the perspective of not being right in the middle of the mess on the day to day basis.

Try it for a month or two it's really a kick.

Sheesh! Then you might actually get some work done... [;)]

Gee Craig, you have figured out my strategy for enjoyment out here. You know; pop in every few weeks and stir up a few pots, enjoy a few threads and making people wonder what your on[:o]

I really only frequent a couple of forums this one by far the most. A unique, diverse and fun bunch of folks with common interest in many things as we have found!

I feel fortunate to be tolerated by so many[;)] Once again the Crown XTi amps are not intended for home use[:|]LOL

Some how I doubt I will ever be completely out of this place Confused .......

Say what you want about Craig, all I know, when I first came here and asked him questions, he answered them, honestly, and to the point, and now, some two years later, everything he recommended I do, I've done, and I Thank Him for it, He was right, but the dam Voices won't go away, they are always there, do this, get that, ............... If I turn the Cornwalls up enough, I drown them out ..............

Some how I doubt I will ever be completely out of this place Confused .......

Say what you want about Craig, all I know, when I first came here and asked him questions, he answered them, honestly, and to the point, and now, some two years later, everything he recommended I do, I've done, and I Thank Him for it, He was right, but the dam Voices won't go away, they are always there, do this, get that, ............... If I turn the Cornwalls up enough, I drown them out ..............

Thats is Top Notch, but you need some sleep.