The only constant is change

Wardsweb

We have moved and are already in the middle of the remodel. Keeping my priorities straight, the audio rig was first to be set up. Here is a picture of my 2 channel rig in the new living room. There is carpet for now, but that will get ripped out and Brazilian cherry hardwood will go in. At least, I have tunes.

2channel032508.jpg

Nice looking rig! - Lots of Blue lights. What are the amps on the floor? What are the pieces in the rack?

From the top:

Clearaudio Champion II turntable

Shanling T100 CDP

McIntosh C36 preamp

Juicy Music Tercel phono preamp

PS Audio Quintessence power center

Shanling SP-80 mono block amplifiers on the floor

Rack is a VTI BL-304

Amp Stands are Custom Isolation Products

And you know it sounds even better than it looks...even if the rack's not centered in front of the window![;)]

I'm curious if this new room is bigger than the old room, and if this room sounds better (minus the issue with the existing carpet)? Enjoy your new home, Luther.[Y]

Are you pleased with the Shanling products?

IMHO the Shanling products are a fantastic value. They are flexible to fit in most any system, they sound fabulous and they just look cool. The CDP allows an analog or transistor output, remove output gain and upsampling. The amps have adjustable gain input, multiple ohm speaker taps and auto-biasing. I've had them for a few years now and have never had a second of trouble from them. About the only thing I've done with them was to swap the factory EL34 tubes with some 6CA7-EH "fat bottle" tubes. I typically run the amps gain at -32dB. More than enough power to drive even difficult loads.

And you know it sounds even better than it looks...even if the rack's not centered in front of the window!Wink

I'm curious if this new room is bigger than the old room, and if this room sounds better (minus the issue with the existing carpet)? Enjoy your new home, Luther.Yes

You are correct. The system is centered on the seating on the opposite wall and not the window. This also allows me to put a IKEA Expedit album rack on the right side of the system.

Yes, this room is larger which allows the listener to be farther back. It also allows me to turn it up a bit more.

I'm still getting use to the new room and adjusting things for the new environment, but all in all, I'm really digging it.

Now to see if the wife will let me slide some Jubs in here. [;)]

I still love those speakers and can't wait to see then veneered. They were a big inspiration for my DIY speakers, which i'm still trudging along on. You definately have a top tier system there Luther, Congrats!

Jeremy