OT: Bacon is back!!

Tom Adams

• Moderators

Were both on a diet. and it's working ! [Y]

So to tell the Truth it's ground seasoned turkey spread out flat with bell peppers, pineapple, mozzarella cheese (the bad part of this) and turkey bacon.

Cooked on a DIY smoker for a couple of hours @ 225.

People call them fatties.....when there made with other than turkey.

It was good, even if it was 4 oz at a time.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were both on a diet. and it's working ! Yes

So to tell the Truth it's ground seasoned turkey spread out flat with bell peppers, pineapple, mozzarella cheese (the bad part of this) and turkey bacon.

Cooked on a DIY smoker for a couple of hours @ 225.

People call them fatties.....when there made with other than turkey.

It was good, even if it was 4 oz at a time.

This looks great... a low carb (dieters) dream....

Since ya all brought it up, my BBQ team just won first place in the Showcase division in a local BBQ contest. Showcase is anything you want to make but made only on what ya brought equipment at the show. We had BBQ Swordfish, fruit salad, smoothies (we did bring a generator) and not to be forgotten, CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON!

How can you go wrong with Chocolate and Bacon?!!!!

Since ya all brought it up, my BBQ team just won first place in the Showcase division in a local BBQ contest. Showcase is anything you want to make but made only on what ya brought equipment at the show. We had BBQ Swordfish, fruit salad, smoothies (we did bring a generator) and not to be forgotten, CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON!

How can you go wrong with Chocolate and Bacon?!!!!

congrats cal--i love swordfish and bacon; but, not a fan of the chocolate; in fact, i've been chocolate free since '83 (after a particularly fierce asthma attack to which i drew a connection to the massive amount of chocolate that i ate), I would take a beautiful british woman to get me to eat chocolate again, But, I'll take bacon covered with more bacon.

• Moderators

Congratulations Cal, BBQ competitions are extremely competitive you must have done really well.

Is it BBQ, cast iron campfire cooking, grilling, smoking, that your team does?

I found out when you talk to these guys you better know what to call it, or they will correct you really fast. [Y]

• Moderators

Well I don't always eat something good every time because I try different things and sometimes it turns out not so good. [:o]

I love to cook, and I have always thought eating should be a sport !

That's why I had to start a diet 7 weeks ago, I got to 285 and it felt like 385. Now I'm back to 252 and have a long way to go, but this time I will get there, this is the first diet I have ever been on.

I will get in perfect shape and probably get run over by a bus. [H] sorry bsm hate to bring up bad memories[{]

I will get in perfect shape and probably get run over by a bus. Cool sorry bsm hate to bring up bad memoriesLeft Hug

i still owe the IRS and am paying off my divorce still...getting ran over again doesn't sound too bad. I say that now after the pain has left my body; BUT, for a while there, it sure was miserable.

• Moderators

I remember that well....not nearly as well as you i'm sure. [:$] If I remember correctly, you were going to lunch.

To get this back on track, if I ever make it out there to the left coast, were coming over [:o] and we will cook up some bacon ! [:P]

I remember that well....not nearly as well as you i'm sure. Embarrassed If I remember correctly, you were going to lunch.

To get this back on track, if I ever make it out there to the left coast, were coming over Surprise and we will cook up some bacon ! Stick out tongue

well buddy, you are more than welcome anytime. Heck, i'd be so excited to have company, i may even buy some dishes. I don't think I've posted this tragic news; but, my only utinsel, my dearly beloved fork, has met its demise. if you can get past the stupid high housing cost and the ridiculous taxes, it's not that bad out here. We have pretty good weather most of the time. You can take Christy shopping on Rodeo Drive and buy her something real nice. You can go home and tell people you walked down rodeo drive eating a bacon sandwich. ** Steve **

• Moderators

WOW sorry to hear about the fork. [:'(]

I know the weather is nice out there, also very beautiful, some unbelievable scenery, I was out there for a couple of weeks many many years ago. We went from the Mexican border to a little above SF, one day I would love to travel further up the coast and cut over here and there and go through some mountains. [Y] Very cool state, the first Chinese food I ever had was in China Town, hard to beat.

You can take Christy shopping on Rodeo Drive and buy her something real nice. You can go home and tell people you walked down rodeo drive eating a bacon sandwich. ** Steve **

I doubt I could even afford a bacon sandwich on rodeo Drive, no I don't think, way to much nice scenery to be in that part of town.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

do you chase that down with shots of bacon grease?

? Never been to nascar and only tasted a funnel cake once, kind of reminded me of beignets, but not as good. [:o]

Although you have to realize, real beignets only come from one place and it's right on the edge of the French quarter. So going to eat beignets after going to the quarter is not really a fair judge of taste because everything taste great when your feeling a little sideways. [:S]

do you chase that down with shots of bacon grease?

? Never been to nascar and only tasted a funnel cake once, kind of reminded me of beignets, but not as good. Surprise

Although you have to realize, real beignets only come from one place and it's right on the edge of the French quarter. So going to eat beignets after going to the quarter is not really a fair judge of taste because everything taste great when your feeling a little sideways. Tongue Tied

Mmm, Beignets from the Cafe Du Monde...