NOSValves

I'm not sure of the etiquette here, but I want to thank everyone who commented when I purchased my first vintage tube amp and needed help checking it out. Craig at NOSValves was recommended and he restored the amp and it sounds great, he was great to deal with, very friendly and knowledgeable and professional. I want to publically thank him too and would recommend him in the future.

- Lee

Heck. Craig got most of us new-to-tubes guys started one way or another. He is THE MAN! AND..........Today's his birthday!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!! GO CRAIG!!!!!

My first tube amp was a 299b that Craig rebuilt about 5 years ago. I haven't done a thing to it since except an annual bias check that it never seems to need. It still sound friggin amazing!! I just reluctantly turned it off for the night. Wonderful phono section. That amp, along with my Thorens TD-124 and Cornwalls brings those old jazz records back to life like nothing else I've heard short of one or two other similiar setups.

A NosValves rebuilt Scott LK-72 is driving my avatar speakers right now and it is excellent. Like Gary, I have used that amp to the max for a few years now and I have not had any issues. It recreates live performances better than almost anything I've heard. The only tube amps that I've had that were better than my LK-72 were my Nos Valves VRDs which I have found out the hard way were a mistake to sell.I also had Craig rebuild a 222 and 299 which also were excellent amps.

Happy Birthday Craig !!!

I'm not sure of the etiquette here.

- Lee

Yes it's sometimes hard to believe that it is OK to say something nice about somebody here. But it is. And Craig would be at the top of most folks list as someone to say something nice about!

Josh

I feel I must chime in as well. I have had my VRD's for 2years plus, and any time I have had any questions he has been extremely helpful. Customer service like that is rare in todays' market and he sets the bar very, very high. Thanks alot Craig....and oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! How old, 25?

I am more amazed that I am older than he is! [:D]

What can you say about Craig. I remember when we were both Noobs on this board back in '01, and can remember when he just got started with this whole tubes thing. He asked a lot of questions, and did a lot of fiddling, and just learned his profession the old fashioned way. About 3 months after rebuilding his first 299, I found one at a garage sale that sorely needed work. I sent it to Craig to rebuild, and he did the whole thing for about $100. This included all the parts he put into it. He didn't charge me a dime for his labor. Imagine that...

I reluctantly sold that 299 to Colonial Hoo and have regretted it ever since. Thank God I have a fabulous pair of VRD's in it's place! [:D]

So, Happy Birthday Craig! Thanks for bringing music back into my life! [<:o)]

Mike

Man you guy's are making me blush...... Thanks for all the great comments. But remember I owe this forum and many of you folks much of the credit for what got me to where I am... I seriously doubt I would of ended up in the tube audio business if it wasn't for the Klipsch forum and the many regulars that frequent this place. It's really too bad that many of the old time regulars have wondered off......

Lee,

You have one great Marantz model 8... enjoy it! and thanks for the public recognition.

Craig

Some of us are still here. Great to see you last weekend. You looked good, and most people at the show had the same nice things to say about you as well as said here..

Your a lucky man Craig. You have a business you enjoy, and give enjoyment to others. Like being your friend too... It is a win win.

Some of us are still here. Great to see you last weekend. You looked good, and most people at the show had the same nice things to say about you as well as said here..

Your a lucky man Craig. You have a business you enjoy, and give enjoyment to others. Like being your friend too... It is a win win.

Well said, Roger! Happy Birthday (yesterday), Craig! -Glenn

Craig,

While life keeps me from this board more often than I'd like, I'm one of the "old guys" and I haven't "wandered away" ... Happy birthday to you, you young f*rt ...

I had the pleasure of owning Daddy Dee's 299B for awhile, before I gifted it to a friend who also has a pair of Klipschorns from Rochester, NY. He's got them hidden in a barn while he goes through marital negotiations, but I know what your work sounds like and it's pretty durned wonderful.

Great group here ... many friends made over the years. God bless you all.

Chris