Indiana Jones and the Boredom of the Crystal Skull

I saw it tonight. The first 3/4 was typical Indy stuff which I liked. The last half got me thinking why on earth did Spielberg take the movie in that direction?? You'll have to see it to know what I'm talking about.

i don't know if i will see it or not...i'm still upset that john rhys-davies wasn't asked to be in it again. he wanted to do it; but was told that they wanted to introduce "new" characters and thus had decided not to bring back all of the old ones.

i'd rather see mr. davies make a Sliders movie--i liked that t.v. show.

Greg, I agree 100%. Horrible movie. It's one of those where you keep waiting for it to get started and it never really does. I thought the same thing for the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian although PC was more entertaining than Indy III.

BTW, I think they're planning on an Indy IV.

Don't you mean V? Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

Don't you mean V? Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

Yes, V. Funny how your mind works sometimes. Maybe I wasn't giving this one the same status as the other three.

The acting was just horrible. The story line so contrived. Some of the scenes are so obviously being filmed on a soundstage that it's almost "campy". It's a childish movie, although I don't think there's enough happening to hold the attention of the average 12 year old.

Cutting to the start of the graveyard scene, the camera shows us an arial view at night of a MODEL of the graveyard. It's so obviously a model, that I thought at first they were showing us a model, and the camera was going to pan out to show them in a room looking at a model trying to figure out how to find the "skull" in the graveyard. Gads! Just aweful.

With the four good guys on board, they jumped the amphibious jeep off the cliff, catching a large tree growing out of the cliff, which bent under the weight of the vehicle cought in the top of it, lowering them gently into the raging river below. The tree recoils back up the cliff and knocks the bad guys off into the river below. One of many really really bad scenes that are obviously a set up for future amusement park rides.

Greg

jeep off the cliff, catching a large tree growing out of the cliff, which bent under the weight of the vehicle cought in the top of it, lowering them gently into the raging river below. The tree recoils back up the cliff and knocks the bad guys off into the river below. One of many really really bad scenes that are obviously a set up for future amusement park rides.

Greg

That scene was just laughably stupid. Reminded me of the scene in Pirates II when he's tied to the (pole) and falling off the cliff.

"Worst movie I ever remember seeing. I knew it within two minutes of the film starting. I fell asleep several times. Don't waste your money."

I figured that out after 3-1/2 seconds of the preview.

Unfortunately there are NO new movies this weekend other than this and Narnia.

Between the two, 8 screens at the 16 plex, and 7 at the 12 plex.