How many combine music/cinema viewing into one Klipsch system?

regafan1

I combined both for a few years and it worked great.

Then I got away from home theatre and found that a dedicated two-channel preamp is far better for music than a receiver. A receiver got me by for a long time with good results...............but not great results in comparison.

I combine the 2.

Hoping to add a dedicated pre-amp. For now having a seperate amp for Left & Right was a big help over all and alot more for the bass output. I also think it helped the center channel and surround since the reciever amp was no longer working as hard and creating interferance.

With out the seperate pre-amp I have spent 30 hours tweaking to get 2 Channel to an acceptable level.

• Moderators

<----. A two channel setup with Forte II speakers is amazing for music and home theater.

Yes it is, and 6 are also amazing for 6.1 music/movies. [Y]

Comparing them to 2 other much more expensive Heritage models side by side, they are an unbelievable value !

My Forte II's definately can do both with ease. As for the AVR, done the whole separates thing......if I want to go "purist" (which is rare), I can switch the Onkyo to Pure Audio. Almost like putting the CD player directly to the input of the amplifier. But most of the time I opt for THX Music Mode or Dolby PLxII Music which rocks pretty good.