Can we really run car with water?

You can use a small amount of water with the gas but I think Consumers Reports tried this and they said it didn't do crappola. It does make the combustion temp run somewhat hotter. Now if your talking about the burning of water with electricity to create hydrogen that's a different animal which is still in the experimental stage.

JJK.

Can we run our car with water and gas? Can anybody tell me is the HHO Gas is real working or is another scam?

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe I've ever seen a posters first ever post be about anything except a speaker before.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Jaguar some years ago experimented with water injection. Ever noticed how much better your car performs in the rain (or seems to). Wink

Water injection was used to lower temperatures in high compression engined when high octane gas became unavailable. You used to be able to buy kits from Summit racing.

The HHO system uses electrical energy to separate the bonds in water. The debate is that it takes more energy to separate the water than the energy that is gained when it recombines. The old perpetual motion machnie.

I spoke with a client who works with alternative fuels. His explanation is that the HHO ignites very rapidly in the chamber. Like a bunch of hot spots. He said that this can be useful to cause a more complete burn of the fuel in the chamber where the energy can be harvested (instead of in the catalytic converter). If this is accurate, then we do not have a perpetual motion machine and the technology is useful as it is just recapturing wasted energy (same concept in the abstract as a hybred).

I've been looking into this for a couple of weeks now.

It isn't expensive. I have a guy that just bought the manual and will attempt to assemble soon. I would try it but I'm mechanically dumb and this guy is good at that stuff. I also don't have the time.

If he reads the manual and says its doable....I may buy the parts for his test run.

jc

"Ever noticed how much better your car performs in the rain (or seems to)."

Reasons why:

1] The water drops all over the body of the car act as a low pass filter and absorb a lot of the higher frequency familiar car body noise, so it sounds smoother. Plus the noise of rain falling on the car masks lots of noises.

2] The water in the wheel wells and under the tires makes noise that is different from the more familiar dry sound. The tread/road noise sounds a little smoother.

3] On wet surfaces one is more inclined to drive slower and more carefully, no fast starts, hard turns, or hard braking. Less noise from those things, and the subjective performamce of cars seems to feel stronger at lower speeds (more torque? better suspension behavior?)

4] Supposedly the near 100% humidity in the air while driving in the rain naturally adds some moisure to the intake mixture (normal mix if air to gasoline is about 10,000 to 1). The additional water is said to cause the combustion in the cylinder to happen slower so one enjoys a smoother better power transfer.

On this last point, there is a device that operates exactly like a water pipe that some folks have put in their cars. One of the vaccum lines on the intake is connected to the output of the water pipe (just a plactic bottle with two straws, one in the water, one above the water) so as to force the air to bubble through the water first. This is supposed to humidify the air before it gets into the engine.

Pauln:

So how much difference does this make in gas milage?

JJK

Probably none. The single most influence on mileage is how one drives (with proper tire pressure). If you can stand to accelerate very gently (15 seconds 0-25mph and 30 seconds 0-50mph), drive in town at 25mph and on the highway at 50mph, make your turns without hitting the brakes, and coast up to all the stop signs and red lights, shift to neutral at the red light, turn off the car where you know the wait is more than a minute or so... well I tried this on my last tank and got 8mpg more than usual (and I usually drive pretty easy).

It is really hard to do at first as old habits are hard to break - takes concentration and attention to your speed, awareness of the distance to the next stop, remembering to avoid the brake, and learning to ignoring all the lead foot drivers around you. I got better at it as I tried this and I think I can get 2 more mpg improvement by keeping the RPMs below 2K even while accelerating. In my car (Mazda 6 with 4 cylinders) a steady 25mph is about 1250 RPMs, 50mph is about 2K RPMs. The engine loves high revs and really shines past about 3500, and the suspension is just made for handling tight curves with hard power, etc. But I'm looking forward to pressing into a little higher mileage. Even if it takes a little planning and more time on the road to get places, I am shooting for 30mpg city, 40 highway.

I got interested in trying this after reading about some folks getting very high mpg with regular cars using some extreme exotic techniques of light driving - they get between 80-120 mpg, but no one can really drive using their techniques in the real world.

the_hypermilers

Can we run our car with water and gas? Can anybody tell me is the HHO Gas is real working or is another scam?

A long way from being mass produced, or refined for that matter, but it's already here......

hi there, I use water to fuel a car as a supplement
to gasoline. In fact, very little water is needed, only one

quart of water provides over 1800 gallons of
HHO gas which can literally last for months and significantly

increase your car fuel efficiently, improve
emissions quality, and save money. I found the way through this

site http://www.runcarsonwater.us i really recommend it to
everybody, it's a nice ebook where you can

find the instructions on how to do it! take a
look.

ronald.

welcome to the forum.

I'm certainly interested to hear more about your experience. What sort of vehicle are you driving. Your mpg went from what to what using this method?

I have to say I'm skeptical. Nothing personal to anyone who advocates the technology. My take, though, if this actually worked as described, Ford would have it's standard on it's F150. If there was ever a manufacturer who'd be more motivated to improve gas mileage on it's number one seller, it would be Ford. They are being hammered so hard they are delaying by TWO MONTHS the roll out of their redesigned F150.

Can anyone tell me if they find fault with this logic?

For $60 a month I can reverse 30 years of hardened arteries, too. The doctors don't want you to know it, though.