Ever lose things in your vehicle, for too long?

mungkiman

Guest srobak

Someone left a pint of chocolate milk in the spare tire well of my car once. Took me weeks to track down where that rank stench was coming from. Of course it was in the spare tire well - where all pints of milk belong.

Someone left a pint of chocolate milk in the spare tire well of my car once. Took me weeks to track down where that rank stench was coming from. Of course it was in the spare tire well - where all pints of milk belong.

Did you ever come to the conclusion it was done on purpose?

soccer goalie gloves .... oh, they weren't really lost, our daughter just let them ride around in the trunk all season between games and practices, no cleaning - and she wondered why her car smells funny all the time

thinking of fruit .... had a co-worker once who kept complaining of a citrus like rotting smell. Our desks were in a manufacturing plant, over the tool room. She repeatedly swore there was nothing rotting in her desk. Finally, 3 to 5 guys from the tool room etc, one got done on his knees, sniffed around, opened her desk drawer and sure enough, there was a rotting orange in a bag in her desk drawer

I still have a bag of "stuff" in the corner of my basement from cleaning out my '87 Civic before selling it to a co-worker about 15 years ago.  I'm sure there's some really useful things in that bag!

Gary be careful, this is a public forum. are you sure you want to be talking about bags of "stuff?" [:o]

I was looking for my first car in college. A night student sold me his Volvo 1800s. Very nice car.

In cleaning it up there was a ring shaped mark about 1.25 inches in diameter in the carpet in the back seat area (seats were mostly for show but did fold down into a parcel shelf). Then I realized it was caused by something under the carpet. The carpet was held down by snaps. It turned out to be a foil wrapped Trojan.

I suppose this might have been the guy's secret stash. OTOH, it was good that I got rid of it before some female friend found it and wondered where my head was at.

Wm McD

I was looking for my first car in college. A night student sold me his Volvo 1800s. Very nice car.

In cleaning it up there was a ring shaped mark about 1.25 inches in diameter in the carpet in the back seat area (seats were mostly for show but did fold down into a parcel shelf). Then I realized it was caused by something under the carpet. The carpet was held down by snaps. It turned out to be a foil wrapped Trojan.

I suppose this might have been the guy's secret stash. OTOH, it was good that I got rid of it before some female friend found it and wondered where my head was at.

Wm McD

Gil - Most women know where our <cough> head is at.

Well......at least our brain.

Back on topic.......after having to put down my tennis racquet for over a year and a half due to back to back injuries, I finally got the chance to hit the court. I zipped open my bag where my racquets are only to discover a pair of wrist bands. Hmmmmm......that's odd I thought. I must have left those in there after my last match that was.......OMG! Over one and a half years ago!!!!!!!!

So.....like all good males, I sniffed them. BLECH!!!

Tom

My first car, after college, was a Honda Prelude. On a hot day at work, I left the window down, and the client's male cat sprayed the back seat. The following week, a "lost" can of orange juice concentrate exploded under the passenger seat. That weekend, while holding a "safety" meeting during a bachelor party, a friend (in the backseat) tried to vomit into a beer bottle.

Very next weekend, I traded it in for a pick-up truck... they didn't even test drive it! What a stinker!