Oh Schlitz!

jacksonbart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The job that I'm working on right now.....replacing 20,000 feet of water main that was originally installed 60 years ago.......has had many, many repairs done to it. Every time we come accross a location that was repaired.....8 out of 10 times we find Schlitz cans that date from 1968 to 1971.

Ah, the good old days.......operating heavy equipment with a buzzzzz. [:P]

Schlitz,Stag and Falstaff was what all the oldtimers enjoyed when I was a kid.

My father drank those little "hand grenade" Schmidt's bottles. Still remember him letting me steal a sip as we drove round the lawn on the tractor cutting the lawn. Can't imagine how un-PC that sounds today. "Father and child drinking and operating machinery!"

My father drank those little "hand grenade" Schmidt's bottles. Still remember him letting me steal a sip as we drove round the lawn on the tractor cutting the lawn. Can't imagine how un-PC that sounds today. "Father and child drinking and operating machinery!"

The only thing I can remember that resembled a green hand gernade is those Mickeys big mouths.

Roger

The only thing I can remember that resembled a green hand gernade is those Mickeys big mouths.

Roger

Okay, they were brown hand grenades, but very small and Red Stripe like.

Wish they would bring back real cane sugar in rootbeer and Coke, and put it in a traditional glass bottle. I would pay a premium.

Roger

Stock up during Jewishholiday of passover where they cannot eat corn, so the softdrink companys use pure cane sugar denoted by the green cap on the 2 liter sodas.

My first was Carling's Black Label in cans.

JJK

Old commercial on the radio

"Hey Mabel, Black label"

Black Label was not bad in the 70s.

Schlitz made me too "regular" to enjoy knowing what would happen the next day.

Strohs made in Detroit was awesome.

The old brewry was inefficient and demolished in the 80s and Strohs never was close to the same good taste.