New LSII Arrival

Well thanks to all of your encouragement I am the proud new parent of twin Cherry LSII's. They are stunningly beautiful and as soon as I'm up to speed on digital photography I will send pix. Haven't had a lot of listening time yet but so far I'm impressed with the richness and fullness of the sound especially the vocals. I sprung for a pair of Quicksilver Horn Monos which seem to match up great. At 25W per, not too much or too little power. I also have a pair of Fostex T90A super tweeters to add a bit of sparkle to the top end.

One question. Has anyone upgraded the feet to some kind of cone in order to couple the speakers to the floor? They come with what looks like steel furniture glides. My speakers sit on thinly carpeted concrete floor. Thanks for any suggestions.

One question. Has anyone upgraded the feet to some kind of cone in order to couple the speakers to the floor? They come with what looks like steel furniture glides. My speakers sit on thinly carpeted concrete floor. Thanks for any suggestions.

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm not sure that anything like that would do much good on a such heavy speaker. What may help is putting a board or some type of prop under the front edge to tilt the cabinet so it is aimed directly at the listenening position. This made a difference when I had LaScalas.

There's been a few discussions on whether or not to spike La Scalas and the general feeling is that the speaker is heavy enough and has a big enough footprint to keep it sitting still at any volume.

However, if you decide to add spikes or cones to your speakers, let us know if you can hear any difference.

Lastly, congrats on your new speakers. Happy listening!

Congratulations! I have been lusting after a pair of LSII's in my heart. They might be the best looking speakers Klipsch has made. Did you buy them direct or through a dealer? I have both Chorus II's and Heresy II's and am quite happy with both, but audio jealousy is a green eyed devil. Enjoy.

• Moderators

Congratulations, and nice choice, in my opinion the LSll is in the top 2 speakers klipsch makes. In some rooms you may need a sub to go with them, but most speakers do if you want to get that last little bit !

Although I have not heard the new Palladiums.

VPI HRX TT, Dynavector DRT XV-1S, Opera Consonance SACD, Quicksilver Horn Monos, LSII's, Fostex T90A Super Tweeters, Vandersteen 2Wq Subs, Oppo DV-970HD, Marantz SR5600 Surround Receiver, Runco 50" Plasma.

Wow, nice! Do the Fostex's come from the Stereophile recommendation? Anyway, do you use them with the Las and what do you think?

Thanks for sharing --

The super tweeters Sam Telig used were the Visatons from Germany. I went for the Fostex. I have the cutoff at about 14KHz so they pick up just below the LSII's leave off and go up to 35KHz. I have an attenuator after the highpass cap and coil to adjust the level. I just wanted to add a little extra sparkle and tinkle to the high end. I think it sounds pretty good. Even the wife liked it when I played the new vinyl reissue of James Taylor's Mud Slide Slim LP. We've seen him in concert several times over the years and of course he always performs "You've Got Friend". Anyway my wife said it was like having him right there in front of us.