V-8 powered bar stool? (Hossfly)

Coytee

Seems it uses a transmission much like a garden tractor (belt driven). I saw this while I was in Atlanta, on some TV show. Guy put it together during the show then rode it around at the end of the show. Was very interesting.

I wonder if I could put some tractor tires on it and boogie about the farm on one...

Next up on the world famous Bonneville Salt Flats....

http://www.saltflats.com/barstool.html

Maybe they'll start a gas powered bar stool division. 49 MPH with a 12 volt battery and 12 volt motor sounds pretty good though. Hmmmm... I wonder what one could do with a la-z-boy? Might be a sweet ride to work on nice days and a lot more comfortable than a bar stool?

Well, my la-z-scoot get's 79 miles to the gallon....

Next up on the world famous Bonneville Salt Flats....

http://www.saltflats.com/barstool.html

That's interesting that the speed record for the Lakester class is higher than the streamliner class. OTOH, I've seen that same thing with motorcycles that are partially faired versus ones with full fairings.

As for the Hossfly.....I saw one of those things in action at Myrtle Beach Bike Week a few months ago. The guy riding it never got into the throttle hard, but he'd goose it pretty good from time-to-time and he didn't seem to be outta control with it which surprised the heck out of us. Naturally, that sucka was LOUD!

It would make for a neat pit bike if the price wasn't so high.

Tom