When would you want to get together?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School's not out until the end of May here. We probably won't be able to make it to Hope but I can hope can't I? And our 14 year old daughter sounded disappointed when the original Hope Pilgrimage was during the school year. I think Spring Break is the 1st week in April but we're planning on spending with our daughters' grandfather in Venice FL.

It is only a couple of hours from Okeechobee so if you want to have a get together around GLA51's compound I might be able to sneak away for a bit.

where's the committment? nobody is willing to quit their jobs or take their kids out of school (just think about it next year they'll be a year older and a year bigger than their classmates--a positive point for the child athlete).

i think you should have it in God's Country--southern california, maybe every friday & saturday night too--with raffles.

My thought is that Klipsch Inc is naturally cautious about costs of the swarm decending upon them. Goodness, they've been so generous in past years.

Is there any chance we could all get to the NMSU museum at some sort of tour rate? That would take some pressure off Fred and we'd all be exposed a very fine set-up. Most of us have seen Hope and Indy in one way or the other.

Wm McD

The 9th is on a Monday this year. That may be problematic.

OK we will say this happens in Hope.

When?

We have school and work to deal with.

When are most schools out?

True.

Hope is always cool because of the history etc. It would be nice if it wasn't during the hot time of the year.

Trey,

I will be there whenever you tell me the get-together is happening; a long weekend during the spring would be ideal. I am with SETI that baking our fannys off would suck, but again - as long as it is not in June, and specifically on the 22 - I am there with bells! (and horns and other crap).

K

The 9th is on a Monday this year. That may be problematic.

OK we will say this happens in Hope.

When?

We have school and work to deal with.

When are most schools out?

True.

Hope is always cool because of the history etc. It would be nice if it wasn't during the hot time of the year.

There will be a conflict for some people no matter what date is selected. An event like this can't cater to every persons schedule. Aunt Martha's birthday, school, a big project at work, church camp, etc. However, with several months to adjust the personal schedule, I would think that folks that want to attend badly enough could compromise. (to pull kids out of school for three or four days, is like them staying home with a cold) Yes, some sacrifice on our part might be needed. Some of us sound as though we expect Klipsch to drop by our homes, pick us up and drive us to Hope.

I drove through Hope in mid Sept for biz in Texarkana. The heat index was 97 degrees.

So I agree with Ian as to the time of year. It would be nice to go down there and not sweat our ba!!s off. (a gender specific statement, but I think the ladies have their own terms for such a thing)

Just my 25 cents. (inflation)

tc

When would you guys like to get together in INDY for a non-Klipsch-sponsored event?

Anytime it's reasonably nice. Even during the winter as long as we can avoid blizzards and ice storms.

I might've tried to come to the Pex party except too many projects needing work around here. Michael builds a workshop and I've still not replaced my garage entry door. Hopefully this weekend though it will be cold and possibly wet. Naturally we were gone a big chunk of last weekend visiting the mother-out-law as it was our daughter's fall break. I did score 4 fun CDs and a used by playable trombone for our youngest daughter so a pretty good short trip.