Oldbuckster Update?

Tarheel

A sad day indeed and a day to remember oldbuckster.

I just did a search for some threads where we exchanged comments and found this one in the thread about Speakerfritz's 4000 posts.

"Easy on the oldbuckster.......Let me assure everyone there is only One Oldbuckster, and that be me!!!!!!!!"

I replied back "which one" and buckster shot back "The only one.....Me!!!!!! The one that would like to find that jazzjoint that Jack K. was talkin' about".

There are many oldbucksterisms and memorable quotes that others will recall as we remember our friend over the next days. Buckster loved this forum and without a doubt it was therapeutic for him as well. I will miss his comments and presence here. I never got a chance to meet Rob though we had talked about meeting up at Coytee's Jubfest....he was going to hitch a ride with JB.

Buckster.....save me a bar stool at Jack's jazzjoint.......we have some catching up to do!

Chuck

I

Rob's wife just got hold of me.

OB is gone. He passed last night.

Last update.

Harry

This is horrible and so sad! [:'(]

I've never got the chance to meet him in person and on occasion got the chance to trade a few posts.

He was such a fixture on here, and now he is .... gone..

My prayers and thoughts are with family and friends. May his soul rest in piece.

If I had any Rolling Stones in my collection, I'd spin it for him.

SK- what kinda rocker do you call yerself that doesn't have any STONES in his collection? Remedy this will all speed mang!

(or I shall be forced to send you a 'sampler' disk meself)

OB was a Mick Taylor fanatic, I've got Sticky Fingers Remastered spinning right now 'Can't you hear me Knockin' never sounded so good.

SK- what kinda rocker do you call yerself that doesn't have any STONES in his collection? Remedy this will all speed mang!

OB was a Mick Taylor fanatic, I've got Sticky Fingers Remastered spinning right now 'Can't you hear me Knockin' never sounded so good.

I was just never a Rolling Stones fan. I guess I was one of those ones that always thought they were overrated. Not only that, I've gotten so played out on them over the years (kinda like how I got so played out on Led Zepplin as well) and just never bothered to seek any of thier albums out.

I knew how much OB was a Rolling Stones/Mick Taylor fanatic. I even though I never was much of one, but it was always an enjoyable read to see what he had to say about them.

John 11:25,26:Jesus said to her:"I am the resurrection and the life.He that exercises faith in me,even though he dies,will come to life;and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all.Do you believe this?"Well i do & i look forward to talking to "Oldbuckster"in the new system that God promises.Peace be with the family.Mine will say a prayer for him.

I'm waiting for the new system as well Wishbone. [Y]

[:$] I don't have any in my collection either. Embarassing I know.

Thinking of OB makes me think I'm way past due to get some.... though after reading a post earlier tonight in a CD vs LP thread, the Led Zeppelin 4 CD box set I picked up on Black Friday at a pawn shop in my mother-in-laws town may be timely... http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/71066.aspx?PageIndex=15 (I wonder if it's the same one? I've not idea how many boxed sets thay may have out. After reading OB's and CP1's rave reviews of Shine The Light, it's been on my short list of things I need to get....

OB was the very first person that made contact with me on this forum. My first thought was "wow, what a cranky old man!" He soon became my favorite poster to read, with his polemic stance on things and his biting humor. One of my favorite quotes I attribute to him is "I didn't know my stereo sucked - until I came here."

Rest in Peace, Old Buckster -- EH!

The Klipsch Forum seems emptier now without the ol' coot...guess it'll never be quite the same again. At least we'll all have his memory to cherish in our hearts.

Rock on, buddy! We know he's gonna give everyone hell up there in heaven![6][A]

What a crappy year.

OB was one of the more animated posters when he got his Scott 299D. He was just estatic.

It was a really cool revelation (tubes) to share with a person I would never seee in person. Not unlike the majority of you all.

With the fall being such a hectic pace I did not realize he had not posted since October 15.

He could light up even the most mundane thread.

God Bless

Rick