• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• @MJada I wish I could convince you not to go tube, my experience with tubes was awful…but that was Primaluna a China brand and it could have been  I got a lemon like a car. The wife and I would get up in the morning and cross our fingers that there wouldn’t be any loud noises at turn on..I am surprised it didn’t blow out the Forte IVs tweeters or crossovers it would be loud. So after the EVO 400 would be on for a couple hours it would make this sound like metal bending and it was so loud it scared the hell out of me. I bought some very expensive EL34 Mullards from the 1960s and luckily I stole them and sold them at a huge profit which made me even when someone bought all the Primaluna stuff.. ‘Ok let’s go back a little at the end of the Primaluna, after a year  I would turn it on and a Primaluna tube would go out and blow a fuse…this happen three times at the end..so I replaced those tubes and luckily everything seemed to be ok..but I had to sell it, just to stressful… ‘Now with this Pass Labs XA-25 Aamp and Pass Preamp..there is no tweeter hiss ZERO noise..when you turn it off and on and the sound is awesome…I really have super high hopes with the Sit-4 going back and forth with the Forte and Razz …just got a notice the Sit-4 will be here Wednesday…
    • I listen to Electronic Equipment... and to do so, I use Music!
    • Thanks all. Some interesting amps mentioned. I’d like to go tube this time around and have been looking at NAT, Aric, Ottomon Labs and more. I have a fetish for Japanese tube amps.  I listen to a lot of rock, metal, punk and stuff like that so I’m not sure which direction to go. I listen at 75-95 db about 9 feet from the front baffle. Everyone making 300b amps these days and I met a dude who plays slayer with an Audio Note Meishu!
    • Not necessarily. But the kg 1.2 does play lower than the R-41M which might be more easily pushed to its limit when played louder. That would not be an issue if your Denon amp has a high pass filter, limiting the low frequencies sent to the main speakers. Most home theater amps and receivers have this feature and would be ideal for your application. That would even be a good idea for the kg 1.2s as they wouldn't be over-driven trying to reproduce those bass notes, assuming you pair them with a subwoofer.   If your amp does NOT have such capabilities, you can always make a cheap high pass filter to limit what goes in to those smaller, main speakers.   Here's what I did to provide a high pass signal to my Klipsch Heresies.   I bought a high pass crossover, one for each speaker. Bought a pair of small plastic project boxes, some spade connectors, and some speaker wire. I can easily disconnect them if I wish, and replace the high pass filter with a pair of homemade pigtails to return the speakers to full range if I want. The crossovers are held in place with double sticky tape or Velcro.   Here's a crossover I would suggest.   Here's a box to fit.   You'll need both male and female crimp connectors, too- 10 female (8 for the crossover and 2 for connecting to your speaker wires.) You need a pair of male connectors to put on the speaker wires. You'll also make a pair of pigtail wires if you want to remove the crossover from the circuit. A basic pair of combo wire strippers/crimpers will do the job.   Five to ten feet of 18-16 gauge wire.   Except for the crossovers and the boxes, you can buy the rest from your local hardware store.    
    • Kevin sold a ton of these with his video. 
    • I like trying different stuff and being I turned 71 today, you can’t take it with you…When I first sold the Primaluna I wanted the Sit-4 but production was set back a couple months…no amp so Nelson Pass suggested the XA-25…it’s great with the Fortes and Razz…but the Sit-4 was what I wanted all along…it’s going to sound more tube like and laid back compared to the XA-25….not going to sell either one…..Jon from Refine Audio my Pass Labs dealer knows the Volti Audio speakers seeing them at shows and how they are designed…The Volti is voiced on tube amplifiers and the Sit-4 is very similar in terms of damping factor it should be a good match..this Sit-4 at 10 or 12 watts whatever it is should really be perfect…and no damn tubes to worry about….life will be good..and if not there is a 28 day audition period…
    • Hi George, no pre yet PrimaLuna & KP-301A's (first version) 101 db sensitivity.   I can tell you this is nothing like those cheap hybrid chi-monos I've had a few years. I already compared the 301s to the LaScala without their superb imaging... Clear concise highs and mids, tight bass, just a perfect package!   This combo I lucked into a great match, silky smooth mids bright treble and GOOD BASS. Might be half speaker ( 4 ohm woofer, good horns), half amp (listen to Kevin @ Upscale Audio). I'm very pleased with the sound and the volume.
    • Yep good ol' circa '70s '80s Monster cable garbage. Don't you know wires are supposed to be green it's more ecological.
    • I am so sorry that your Primaluna experience was so bad. Ive had my EVO400 Integrated for over 3 years now and it blew one tube the first month, which Upscale Audio delivered a new tube the next day. It has run perfectly ever since and I have tube rolled in preamp section and the power tubes. I am surprised that Upscale wasn't willing or able to get your Primaluna Pre and amp working 100% Why go First Watt if the Pass Labs gear is so outstanding?    On another note I decided to upgrade my Forte IVs to some Perlisten S7T towers that I heard and they blew me away. I love those speakers but my wife said they are UGLY and refuses to let them in our listening room. WTH? so I won't be moving off my Fortes. Drat.
    • I just ordered the First Watt Sit-4 should get it in three days. The Pass Labs XA-25 amp sounds great with the Forte IVs and the Volti Razz should be interesting how the Sit-4 sounds with both…After my Primaluna problems I will never go tubes again so this will about as close as I will ever get to tube sound..
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Negot8tr