• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• I'm sorry, @Travis In Austin. I should have added a sarcasm emoji -- it is a severe limitation of written correspondence that "tone" is difficult to convey.   To summarize: Theory and mathematics can be misused to prove just about anything. For a little 2" section of wire connecting between an amplifier and a voice coil, one really cannot do anything that seriously affects the signal unless they are trying really hard to do so.
    • I take everything you say as gospel, you will need to come up with a color/font to distinguish TIC 😃
    • Location is Cameron, Missouri.......approximately 60 miles North of Kansas City.
    • That’s excellent. The standard for recording control (mixing, playback) rooms is between NR-10 and 15 (26 and 30dB), with 45dB considered the absolute maximum.    https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3276.pdf  
    • I wondered the same thing and then found this ad that says Northwest Missouri.    
    • This is an all original Klipsch KP250 purchased in the early 1990s. It works exactly as it should and sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I only have the one speaker. I took photos of this 3-way speakers to show its great condition and tried to take some photos of the inside with my phone, to show the original components: K-42 12-inch woofer, K-53 2-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-701 composite horn, and the K-79 1-inch diaphragm compression driver. The KP250's power rating is 250W and has an impedance of 8ohms, but the people on the forum know much more about this speaker then I do. These original KP250 speakers, in my opinion, sound better then later KP250 II, which I have used in different situations and they never matched this original version. This is a special speaker, I hope you are able to come and check it out. Please contact me if you have questions or are interested in its purchase. I am not opposed to shipping this speaker to you, it weighs 49 lbs. by itself, and would require some investigation on both our parts and an increased financial commitment.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, specifically Walnut Creek, CA. Thanks for looking Klipsch people, I already sold my four KP301s but still have this one KP250, she's a beauty. I will accept $300. Thanks again.
    • Marvel, I share your pain.    I purchased, and built, the last pair of Moondogs that Welborne Labs sold before the collapse. I, and everyone that I knew, absolutely fell in love with them on my Klipschorns! But then, one day I needed funds to pay for a major surgery, so I had to sell them.   I thought that I had done my due diligence, and vetted a buyer (on this forum) who would be appreciative and take good care of them. So I sold them for only what I paid for the kits and did not charge for my time or labor building them. Much to my disappointment that buyer flipped them and I have lost track of where they are . . . . . . although I keep my hopes up that I will be able to find them someday and buy them back.   By the way, I am "intimately familiar" with the pair that I built and should be able to recognize them easily. And I have photos that I took during the building process that I can use for the sake of comparison (inside and out).  
    • Klipsch KLF 20's, drivers intact and working well, no rattles from the cabinets. Local pick up only. Firm at $950
    • https://musicalbrick.com/5-definitive-live-versions-of-the-waiting-room-by-genesis/    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    yolongyi