How do all you Klipschheads like The Dark Knight in BD?

Batmans Robin

As I guess you can figure from my name (actually, secretly, Rob), I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

What is your favorite scene? I bet it sounds great on Klipsch!!!

Thanks.

HAHHAHA welcome to the madness!

It ROCKS!!!

Basically a great demo movie too... The sound at IMAX sucked..(Over driven and distorted...I was very disappointed here)

VS .....at home... You get lost in it all here! AMAZING!

Long movie, but will give your system a work out for sure.

Be scared....Very scared if u crank it up....you WILL feel it!

HAHHAHA welcome to the madness!

It ROCKS!!!

Basically a great demo movie too... The sound at IMAX sucked..(Overdriven and distorted...I was very dissapointed here)

Long movie, but will give your system a work out for sure.

Be scared....Very scared if u crank it up....you WILL feel it!

Yes, welcome to the madness!!! I didn't get to watch it in the theaters, but it definitely delivered at home! Definitely gave my subs a work out. It is now one of my demo discs for when someone comes over and wants to hear the system for the first time.............. Batman; the blu ray dark knight

I can't wait to see it!! I've been putting together my very first HDTV/Home Theater system since mid-November, and I still don't have everything in place.

I still need to buy speaker wire and then wire everything up, but I'm not sure if I can do it (run the wire.)

• Moderators

I have not seen it either. I'm waiting to get the projector setup in February before I buy it.

I still need to buy speaker wire and then wire everything up, but I'm not sure if I can do it (run the wire.)

What makes you say that? There are tons of resources to help guide you if you need help. AVS Forum is a great resource as well as this forum.

WOW! This is my new BluRay reference.

According this extensive Bluray PQ list, people think differently.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316

I guess I'm of a different opinion. I seek out titles that are not just eye candy, but also can fulfill my audio wants and needs. Additionally, I like films that are actually entertaining to me, if a film looks and sounds great but is not a quality movie then what's the point? As stated, "This is MY new BluRay reference", meaning in comparison to any other BluRay title in my collection this is the first one I'd pull off the shelf to show off my system or the capabilities of BluRay. Further, on the basis of video quality alone I'd rank the Dark Knight BD ahead of some of the titles the link chose as top tier, but again that's just my opinion.

I bought it mostly for the audio after hearing all the raves. Honestly I was disappointed. Although the impact was there, it seemed 'fake'. It was like listening to a badly mastered SACD or DVD-A of a stereo recording (why is the guitar behind me?). A fist swinging thru the air doesn't make THAT sound.

Perhaps I should check my calibrations and give it another look-see.

WOW! This is my new BluRay reference.

According this extensive Bluray PQ list, people think differently.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316

I guess I'm of a different opinion. I seek out titles that are not just eye candy, but also can fulfill my audio wants and needs. Additionally, I like films that are actually entertaining to me, if a film looks and sounds great but is not a quality movie then what's the point? As stated, "This is MY new BluRay reference", meaning in comparison to any other BluRay title in my collection this is the first one I'd pull off the shelf to show off my system or the capabilities of BluRay. Further, on the basis of video quality alone I'd rank the Dark Knight BD ahead of some of the titles the link chose as top tier, but again that's just my opinion.
As far as audio goes the Dark Knight is referance material . Here is the blu-ray audio tier from AVS http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=918734

Basically a great demo movie too... The sound at IMAX sucked..(Overdriven and distorted...I was very dissapointed here)

Indy, why on earth are you going to movie theathers? you know there is nothing that competes with your set up! out of all the "hidden" home theaters i bet yours sounds better than any of them. i laugh at all these celebs that have a "HT" room and the first thing they talk about is what chair they have, or what color is on the walls. almost makes me puke! i just watched a show about "best ht rooms" and i almost laughed myself out of my seat! not once did they talk about what actually made the sound, or what powered them. they just talked about the lighting and decore!

anyways....batman was awesome, and i just watched the standard dvd on my hd player. great movie....too bad for Heath, i would have liked to see him back in another batman movie.

They have Hellboy II as a reference recording -- I just watched it the other night and I personally didn't like the mix all that much. Tomb of the Dragon Emperor sounds better, but isn't as good of a movie.

From an audio perspective, Deathrace is a winner in a major way. As for the movie itself, it's a heck of a ride. If you want a nice break from CGI, check it out.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126599#16

InVeNtOR, "Indy, why on earth are you going to movie theathers? you know
there is nothing that competes with your set up! out of all the
"hidden" home theaters i bet yours sounds better than any of
them. i laugh at all these celebs that have a "HT" room and the
first thing they talk about is what chair they have, or what color is
on the walls. almost makes me puke! i just watched a show
about "best ht rooms" and i almost laughed myself out of my seat!
not once did they talk about what actually made the sound, or what
powered them. they just talked about the lighting and decore!"

OK, If I can be so bold to tell the REAL truth here.,...... I hate the hollywood elite with stuff given to them who think they have a really cool HT too. One such person last year I am reading in a Stereo magazine on the plane..... I forget the name, took one of his garage stalls,,,, So a one car garage out of the 4 he had.... and created this "really byatchin" HT room.. blah blah blah.... This was one of the cool ones in my flight free magazine I almost puked.... Not that I expect them to know anything, I mean actors are just people like you and I who happen to live in Los Angeles who "USUALLY" have such low self esteeem and wish to be recognised and validated they become actors anyhow... Kinda like the validation to people with multiple Tattoos going crazy saying to everyone else, "This is for me.." When all they want is to have everyone look at them..... Look at how I adorned myself... hahahahaha (OK Sorry, I am sure I pissed off someone in here too.... sorry LOL) But face it, they are actors, they have all this $$ and not much time to learn or care about all things audio.. Sure some exceptions... But to be honest, most of the gear is given to them for free or at HUGE DISCOUNTS, so they can be quoated to having it in audio magazines LOL (or through their agents connections) LOL cause you can use my name too.. Most have no clue, they just wanna show off.... If they can find the remote?? But dude.. like lookie here.... I press a button and the lights dim... and got some really tricked out seats....and all these cool posters on my wall too! hahahahahahahahah Did I make TMZ or Entertainment tonight... We should get really wasted on sunset see if we can get into the news!!!!! Where is my video cam, let's find Paris Hilton!!!

OK Back to normal! Whatever "NORMAL" is?

Your so kind, and I agree!!! Movies are still cool for the groups experience....

I have a neighbor with his wife here,,,Just last night. My wife cooked a incredible Lasagna dinner as he bragged about my HT. (Always cool when somone else does it.. hehehehehe) We talked about good sound vs ok sound, over dinner. We got to good stereo vs bad stereo speakers, equipment etc., etc., she was a interested in how with a great system the imaging is fantastic. Even in stereo you perceive a false center,..... sooooooooooo

So last night his wife said ok show me! So we went down stairs in stereo mode with a decent recording on Comcast Jazz Channel Music she said you have 3 speakers on. I said NOPE only two! She said, But I can tell exactly where the singer is! (Center) I pointed out to her that it seems like the drums are (behind her) stand up bass (center left left) and jazz guitar (right) and keys (Mid Right) She got up out her chair three times thinking I had all this planned out.... shaking her head.,...LOL.... WELCOME TO A PROPERLY SET UP STEREO SYSTEM HUN..... Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

BLEW HER AWAY!!!!

THEN..... hahahahahahahahah on to BluRay HT too......

I put on Dark Knight..... (All things are dialed in now.. hehehehehehe) That first shotgun through the glass she jumped up in her seat and said, OMG ROGER, I felt the air.... I thought I was shot...OMG Roger,.. This is incredible..... I giggled... Yes, it is incredible....[:D]

Life is good!