whats an audiophile ????

john fartham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ....how do you like your 880 ??? ive got one but im considering going to the 1100

I like it ALOT. It took the place of 8 seperate remotes. My wife was the one who actually wanted it, she got tired of all the clutter in the living room. Begrudgingly I ordered and programmed it. Now, I can't imagine not having it. Their tech support is great also.

would i be considered an audiphile ????

As Oldtimer posted being a fan of Audi cars would make you an audiphile.

Now if you meant audiophile, a (rhymes with hose) lifestyle system probably doesn't make you an audiophile. I forget what the definition is of audiophile though I think there are some threads here on the topic, but it has something to do with the pursuit of audio perfection and I would venture continue to evolve there systems. There are audiophiles here along with Klipschanatics and music lovers.

Most in here aren't going to consider a (rhymes with hose) lifestyle system as a system an audiophile would own. Could be owned by a music lover as a true music lover can enjoy the music on any system even a transistor radio. However, the better the system, the higher the music listening experience.

Ok. So that didn't really help. This is a friendly place and you can learn a lot. Many here will disparage your system. I can't too much as I've not heard them at length but my limited experience says very high on the ease of use and WAF but better sound can be had for the money. Does that make them bad? No. Just not how I'd spend the money.

Please don't get discouraged if you get flamed a bit for your system. If you want a single box all in one system there are a few other options, I'd suggest comparing to a Klipsch CS 500 or CS 700 if you can find someone who has one. If you want to explore different options and upgrade your musical enjoyment, then jump right in. There are a lot of people here who have tons of knowledge and experience.

You might want to go to klipsch.com and find the history and read Paul W Klipsch's priorities for speaker reproduction. A LOT diferent than those of Mr Bose. I for one think Paul W Klipsch had it right. Over 60 years ago. If you don't believe that, don't discard it until you've had a chance to hear a pair of Klipschorns. Even those that are 30 or more years old. Even stock they sound amazing.

p.s. In my mind, an audiophile sometimes forgets to listen to the music. Most audiophiles I think also love music.

So poke around, read, ask questions. And have fun. And don't take anything too personal. You'll find that most here are often a bunch of wiseacres but fun loving, Klipsch loving, music loving wiseacres.

My brother who is 2 years my jr, told me last weekend, that my VRD, Juicy Music BBXTReme, Jolida, Sota and KlipschHorn set up didn't sound as good to his ears as his comfort two headphones and his I-Pod. I guess he is the idiotphile...... er I mean audiophile in the family. He also has a Harley Davidson so I told him that the little mini-bikes that they sell at Checkers was better than his HD. I guess that makes me the motorcyclephile in the family!

A person who spends a lot of money on audio stuff of all sorts in order to hear what he or she determines are pure sounds. The determinations go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until the house is full of audio equipment.

JJK

A person who spends a lot of money on audio stuff of all sorts in order to hear what he or she determines are pure sounds. The determinations go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until the house is full of audio equipment.

so my short reply to John Fartham - no, you're not an audiophile until you've done the above.

My brother who is 2 years my jr, told me last weekend, that my VRD, Juicy Music BBXTReme, Jolida, Sota and KlipschHorn set up didn't sound as good to his ears as his comfort two headphones and his I-Pod. I guess he is the idiotphile...... er I mean audiophile in the family. He also has a Harley Davidson so I told him that the little mini-bikes that they sell at Checkers was better than his HD. I guess that makes me the motorcyclephile in the family!

What you do is tell him your thinking of getting a Kawasaki sport crotch rocket because the Harley's are too noisey and that is a sign of poor engineering. [6] [6] [6]

Hey, Harley tried to patent that "noise". Their crankpin layout causes the "potato, potato, potato" sound at idle and they thought it was a big selling point, so Harley wanted to prevent any other manufacturer from building an engine with the same layout. The case was tossed out.

It can work both ways, though. People said Harleys had low power output, then the Japanese manufacturers found out it's not so easy to get big power out of long-stroke V-twins. Some of the Asian cruisers of comparable size don't make any more power than a Harley.

i have a bose lifestyle system ...it really pounds out the music

would i be considered an audiphile ????

No an audiphile is someone who loves audis. Their quattro is one awesome rally car.

So im a chevyophile ????...i thought this place was helpfull ???

I have a chevy with a Blo$e system in it. Sooooooooo, what does that make me???? [*-)]