whats an audiophile ????

john fartham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have more speakers than chairs in your home, you may be an audiophile...

My wife can buy chairs faster than I can buy speakers... just now... she's in process of buying EIGHT more and I get to drive to Ohio to pick 4 of them up for her...

What are we doing with the LAST 6 that she bought?

Does this make me a chairphile or just a stupid idiot?

• Moderators

What??? No lifestyle system?? Then this is a pointless thread............ Devil

You catch on fast!!Stick out tongue

Not according to my boss........Tongue Tied

[:|] That's Not a good thing considering you repack or are responsible for parachutes if I remember correctly ?

I do have a audiopile going on in the living room, does that count ?

Got any additional contraptions? Just a source,pre,power and speakers would not make a true aphile happy,you must have contraptions![C]

• Moderators

I do have a audiopile going on in the living room, does that count ?

Got any additional contraptions? Just a source,pre,power and speakers would not make a true aphile happy,you must have contraptions!Coffee

Well I am about to have some contraptions BUT I let the smart people on the forum work out the kinks then I just copy what they do, because all I really want to do is play great sounding music, not hurt my little brain trying to figure this stuff out ! [A]

So I guess I am an audiophile groupie ! [Y][8-|]

I don't know if this ? has been answered but the answer is.........If you're more into your gear/contraptions than the music/sound it reproduces,YOUR an audiophile.

Why yes, it has been answered by blsamual and Oldtimer has been very helpful in assisting the author of this thread with his enquiry who now knows what an "audiphile' is re someone who loves and spends a lot of money on audi's and has also discovered that he is a chevyophile.
Why do these meaningless threads get so much attention. are we really that board or are we just one big happy family that takes any opportunity to have a bit of fun. [:D]
I would be a fisyophile.

Why do these meaningless threads get so much attention. are we really that board or are we just one big happy family that takes any opportunity to have a bit of fun. Big Smile

Yes and yes Yes

Affirmative,also my post count has been down as of late.......

Why do these meaningless threads get so much attention. are we really that board or are we just one big happy family that takes any opportunity to have a bit of fun. Big Smile

Yes and yes Yes

Affirmative,also my post count has been down as of late.......

Seriously, there's not a day that goes by that I don't learn something on the Forum. Sometimes just minor details about a speaker, an amp, etc. That..... and it can get hilarious!!!! Great bunch of folks on the Forum!!![Y]

An Audiophile is defined as someone with more money than sense. [:D]

An Audiophile is someone who has more stereo rigs in their house than people.

An Audiophile is someone who has several thousand dollars of equipment sitting in a closet unused, but won't part with it because they may use it sometime.[*-)]

An audiophile is someone who cruises Goodwill/Salvation Army shops in the vain hope that they will eventually find the holy Grail of dumpster diving, the thousand dollar piece of equipment for $24.99.

Do I really need to continue?

The vain hope that they will eventually find the Holy Grail of Dumpster Diving

Now that truly defines the "depths" to which we will go.... Stick out tongueWink

Now that is funny [:D]

we have no boundaries. I am ashamed to think of the things I have done and places been in search to get that perfect sound for that discounted price.

true story, once in Italy I was visiting a family member that I have never seen and all I could stare at was this massive Grundig TV that was turned off. Thinking what a waste, that could be in my home or at least turned ON [:(] .. and no I am not Italian.