Thank you, American soldiers. . . .

bhendrix

To those that serve and have served this country, you have my heart-felt love and respect.

I too would be pissed if F16's flew over my house, sub-sonic at 500ft. Now if F18's, 500ft at 1,500mph.....well would be wonderful! He!!, I'd pay them to do it! (guess I do as it is)

Again, to those who guard and protect my sorry arse, God bless and keep you safe in harm's way. No way to say it other than, I can't thank you enough![Y][Y]

USA! USA! GO STATES!!!

tc

The point of this thread really shouldn't REQUIRE any taking sides, but instead, is to give credit where credit is due, to a fallen defender of those individuals' rights to nitpick the original posting and try to turn it into a soapbox for making a religious preferences point. Sometimes I wonder just WHY I have given over thirty years of MY OWN life to defend those same rights for the jerks who misuse them! GO FIGURE!

The point of this thread really shouldn't REQUIRE any taking sides, but instead, is to give credit where credit is due, to a fallen defender of those individuals' rights to nitpick the original posting and try to turn it into a soapbox for making a religious preferences point.  Sometimes I wonder just WHY I have given over thirty years of MY OWN life to defend those same rights for the jerks who misuse them!  GO FIGURE!

I hear you loud & clear my friend, I gave over 20 myself...some people just don't get it--oh wait...maybe it's US that don't get it...I guess these whiners have a right to never hear or see anything that they don't want to. well, mr. complainer (and all those that defend him)...i remember calling home one day while duty separated me from my family, and my daughter was about three or four years old, she got on the phone and asked me "daddy, are you ever coming home again?" I'll take a fly by over my house everyday at the crack of dawn to never have heard those words or miss out on a day of my children's life.

i don't think i can behave myself in this thread, so i'll quit now.

And yes, THANK YOU my fellow soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

The point of this thread really shouldn't REQUIRE any taking sides, but instead, is to give credit where credit is due, to a fallen defender of those individuals' rights to nitpick the original posting and try to turn it into a soapbox for making a religious preferences point. Sometimes I wonder just WHY I have given over thirty years of MY OWN life to defend those same rights for the jerks who misuse them! GO FIGURE!

Andy,

I must think that you do it because you are a patriot in service of THE United States of America, and because your Commander in Chief directs you to do so. (jerks or not)

"shouldn't REQUIRE any taking sides" As I see it, there is only one side.

Would you take sides if this story is indeed false? It seems quiet a few people were captivated by the embellishments

Sure thats what were use to watching the news everyday.

I agree that Life involves more than just what is in the News everyday, but whoever perpetuated this story is using (who so many believe is) their lord and savior's name in vain, imo. Isn't that what the Third Commandment's about?

.. Sometimes I wonder just WHY I have given over thirty years of MY OWN life to defend those same rights for the jerks who misuse them! GO FIGURE!

Thank you for your service and I hope it was rewarding for you, but you seem a little bitter. [^o)]

Btw, what Americans do you think misuses those rights?

The point of this thread really shouldn't REQUIRE any taking sides, but instead, is to give credit where credit is due, to a fallen defender of those individuals' rights to nitpick the original posting and try to turn it into a soapbox for making a religious preferences point...

Fwiw, the post that started this thread was purporting to be "A true story," and belittles the death of Capt Fresquez if it is false...Every American should respect the sacrifice this Brave American made without having to justify their outrage that some would use propaganda to bear false witness...

I hear you loud & clear my friend, I gave over 20 myself...some people just don't get it--oh wait...maybe it's US that don't get it...I guess these whiners have a right to never hear or see anything that they don't want to. well, mr. complainer (and all those that defend him)...i remember calling home one day while duty separated me from my family, and my daughter was about three or four years old, she got on the phone and asked me "daddy, are you ever coming home again?" I'll take a fly by over my house everyday at the crack of dawn to never have heard those words or miss out on a day of my children's life. i don't think i can behave myself in this thread, so i'll quit now. And yes, THANK YOU my fellow soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

I thank you as well...My Father is a West Point graduate and I lived 18 years of my life in Military communities and I respect what Military Families have to go through. My dad served in Vietnam for 2 years while my mother took care of my brother and I by herself. The letters from my dad to my mom during that time survived, but mysteriously there are no letters from her to him--His response to whatever she was going through spoke volumes to what was in her letters and I don't wish that on any family unless they feel their mission was justified....Sacrifice for country is just that and families do pay the price....None more so than the Fresques Family.

Why would anyone be upset about a fly over at 9:15 AM if you live in a town by an air base? There is probably a good chance that the airbase was there before the person complaining. It's like living next to a golf course and complaining if you get stray golf balls in your yard. I think the complaint was from an idiot. If you don't like planes flying over then move. Heck I use to live by an airport and had planes flying over all hours of the day, I eventually moved so I wasn't in the landing pattern.

I hear you loud & clear my friend, I gave over 20 myself...some people just don't get it--oh wait...maybe it's US that don't get it...I guess these whiners have a right to never hear or see anything that they don't want to. well, mr. complainer (and all those that defend him)...i remember calling home one day while duty separated me from my family, and my daughter was about three or four years old, she got on the phone and asked me "daddy, are you ever coming home again?" I'll take a fly by over my house everyday at the crack of dawn to never have heard those words or miss out on a day of my children's life.
i don't think i can behave myself in this thread, so i'll quit now.
And yes, THANK YOU my fellow soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

No truer words were ever spoken, BSM and Andy. Seems many Americans have totally forgotten that 9-11 even happened, let alone two wars currently raging in the Middle East with our proud men and women in uniform dying for the defense of all its citizens of this great nation! The brave souls who don a military uniform and go into battle, and for those who still enlist today, were not forced into service via a draft...they (like myself back in the '80s) chose to take the oath and proudly serve our country. It's just unfortunate that there are those civilians out there that are incapable of appreciating their freedoms (to shop at a mall, buy groceries without shortages, watch a ball game, a reality TV show or their favorite movies), and thank those who gave up so much (to include their lives) for all the freedoms they enjoy daily!

I say a little prayer for everyone in our armed forces daily, so that I can enjoy my freedoms and my safety. The whiners had better wake up!

An Army vet ('80-'86)

.. Seems many Americans have totally forgotten that 9-11 even happened, .... It's just unfortunate that there are those civilians out there that are incapable of appreciating their freedoms...

Thank you for your Service.

Fwiw, I don't know of any American that has forgotten that 9/11 happened, but do feel there are civilians and servicemen alike who don't appreciate their freedoms. I have no idea why the fictitious letter that opened this thread was circulated, but the original complainer served in the Navy and was a Vietnam War Veteran. He was very apologetic when he realized what the flyover was actually about.

One is "right" - or wrong, only by pespective. i.e. My god is better than your god - who says I can (or have to) kill you.

Is it "Thou shalt not kill" or "An eye for an eye" ?

Why hasn't more than 5,000 years of recorded history taught us that killing those who disagree with us only settles who is left - NOT who is "right"?

It's kind of like the mentality of ...my father beat me and I'M ALRIGHT; ergo, I'll beat my kid too! (dammit!) - or

More is better, bigger is best, might makes right! -Ain't that America

YMMV -for sure.