�I only did it because I was drunk.�

BEC

At least this guy had an excuse to give the judge at his bond hearing.

From our local paper today.

Juvenile beaten by stolen car’s owner

Story date: Feb. 8, 2009

17-year-old admits he was drunk
By Michael Ford
Reporter
A 17-year-old male from Bryant was arrested Wednesday in connection with a stolen vehicle, according to a report from the Russellville Police Department — but not before one of his victims had a chance at retribution.
“I got whooped by the guy I stole from,” he said at a bond hearing Friday. “I only did it because I was drunk.”
One of the alleged victims saw the juvenile leave in the stolen vehicle and followed him to East Fourth Street, where he restrained him until police arrived. According to the report, this led to an altercation in which the juvenile sustained several bruises, but he would later refuse treatment by emergency medical services.
In addition to allegedly stealing the 2003 Mazda 6 from East Ninth Street, the report indicated the juvenile also stole other various items, such as a carton of cigarettes and radar detector, from inside several other unlocked vehicles in the area.
Police arrested the juvenile on suspicion of theft of property and breaking or entering.
When asked about school and employment, the juvenile told the judge he received his G.E.D. last year, and now painted houses with his father.
The judge set the suspect’s bond at $7,500. If charged, his circuit court date will be March 2.

With many criminals' live-like-today-is-your-last-day way of thinking, getting punished (at least a bit) today is the only thing that makes any impression on them. The threat of going to jail in a year for a crime you do today is about as relevant to some of them as global warming is to some people, like "someday, maybe, but probably not to me".

I don't know many criminals, so I don't know what they are thinking or if they are thinking. Life isn't like a box of chocolates, but you if you leave it out in the sun, its gonna melt into a soggy mess and some big ugly dude is gonna take your rum cherry confection in the shower.

Tie him to an anthill -come back in 1 hour- and put a .45 through his head

Word would get around not to steal cars- drunk or otherwise

+1 on the "He needed killing defense"

Personally I am tired of criminals running wild- cops that tell you to just take it up with the insurance co-judges who let these pieces of ---- back out into society to repeat ther crimes 1000 times. Judges should be held personally and criminally liable when one of these dirtbags is released then goes out and hurts or kills somebody. Happens here like you would not believe.

"if charged'.????...Wonderfull