OT: My Morning Rant

oscarsear

I cooked a whole package of bacon yesterday so that we could have some this morning (we get up around 4). This was a package from Costco so it was no small volume of bacon. He ate it all last night (he lives at night and sleeps all day). "Kevin like bacon, yummmm".

I think you need a few more degrees of separation between Kevin and the bacon.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cooked a whole package of bacon yesterday so that we could have some this morning (we get up around 4). This was a package from Costco so it was no small volume of bacon. He ate it all last night (he lives at night and sleeps all day). "Kevin like bacon, yummmm".

I think you need a few more degrees of separation between Kevin and the bacon.

outstanding

Oscar: Have you called the recruiter yet to see how he's doing in the DEP thing? You might want to check... If he goofs off and does not pass the PT test before he ships, they will cancel the contract and you will be stuck with him.... Just a thought based upon many years of experience with graduates from our program DEP'ing and at the last minute we get a call from the recruiters complaining that Lil' Johnnie ain't doin' so good....

Say it ain't so!!! I gotta trick that kid into some physical exercise. Thanks for the tip. Anything else I should know?

For you tobacco comedians. A couple of my recent days.

Yesterday it was Honey-o. She is 47. Having been healthy all her life she presented with a high abdominal abscess. 1 week later she was informed that she had stage 3B small cell lung cancer that involved the left lower lobe of her L lung. It had already eroded into the pleural cavity, through the diaphragm and into her abdomen. I spent a chunk of time telling her about her condition. The only best part is that it had not spread to distant organs or tissues. It is in the local lymph complex. Her immediate treatment is limited only to chemo and palliative care. If that works well they might be able to perform surgery and use radiation (radiation is along shot because of the tumors location). She will have constant drainage from the tumor into her pleural space requiring regular siphoning (thoracentesis). Her abdominal abcess could also recur. She has 3 kids ranging from 8 to 14. She is terrified. She has never been sick in her life. The only time she's even been in a hospital was to have her kids. The entire family is upside down.

Last weekend Marion expired. She had oral cancer. When it started she thought it was a canker sore. She did not know that it was a tumor that has already been in her mouth for some time. By the time it had ulcerated and she had it examined it had spread throughout her oral structures. The radical surgeries left her without much of a face. She was fed by gastric tube and had a permanent tracheostomy. New tumors emerged at the margins of her old resections. They too were removed carving away more and more of her head. The tumor had spread elsewhere. At first it responded to chemo and then it went wild. A cluster of tumors in her pelvic vault cut off the ureters to both kidneys preventing her from urinating. No problem, the urologist just ran drainage tubes directly into the neck of the kidneys and out her back. The kidneys are close to the back which makes this procedure not too involved. After 9 months she passed early Monday morning. It was a blessing. The pain was not hardly contained with all her meds.

I interact with many people like these woman. There are many thousands just like them and many thousands more in line behind those thousands. Maybe, just maybe this is why I don't find any humor in your petulant contributions. It is all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. But getting hurt with tobacco is no little boo boo. So laugh it up gents and enjoy this vice which has you more than you have it. Someday, sooner than you realize or want you too could be singing a very different tune.

Oscar: Have you called the recruiter yet to see how he's doing in the DEP thing? You might want to check... If he goofs off and does not pass the PT test before he ships, they will cancel the contract and you will be stuck with him.... Just a thought based upon many years of experience with graduates from our program DEP'ing and at the last minute we get a call from the recruiters complaining that Lil' Johnnie ain't doin' so good....

Say it ain't so!!! I gotta trick that kid into some physical exercise. Thanks for the tip. Anything else I should know?

Tis' so.... Stop buying any and all "snack food", fritos, chips, etc. Don't let him eat that stuff. Wean him off it. Make sure he starts walking every day to start with, and if you have to walk with him. Eventually get him to start running. Easy way? have your wife (his mother.....) drive him and you to a point 2 miles away and leave you both at that point. Here's how you handle the look you are gonna' get from him the first time around...... "Wanna' eat?" Let's walk home.... Attached is a 16 week PT program that he can start on (if you can motivate him to do it). It's designed for 16-18 year olds to get them ready for a special course we run down here.... You can alter the "numbers" appropriately for him.

Well gee. Rplace, how does that work? You have a thread that is actually about tobacco and I did impose my sanctimonious self on it. Why because what I offer is ABOUT TOBACCO. It wasn't what you wanted but it was pertinent to the subject of the thread. Now I start a thread about my son that has nothing to with tobacco and you inserted the issue here and not with any intent but to disrupt. Shall I respond by inserting my perspectives into EVERY FRICKING POST YOU OFFER! Izzat how this works?

Very Well said Mark. BTW, could they be any less obvious with the smoke in the face add?

Oscar, how does it feel having a buch of unwanted posts in your thread? Payback is a b!tch, no?

Now where did I place my T-zone.

Mark. It was no lecture. It was a simple recounting of factual events, reality, not fiction. Now I do not expect anyone to change their ways but no one should expect that from me either and I thought they would appreciate that more if they understood what I deal with. If you personally feel lectured then perhaps it is a lesson you seek and I can do a much better job of that. Just let me know.

Maybe, just maybe this is why I don't find any humor in your petulant contributions. It is all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

Hi Oscar - - 

You're in danger now of becoming just a bit too sanctimonious and sententious. I think it's fair to say everyone here knows the dangers of smoking. And, I think it's fair to say no one is advocating smoking - certainly not me. Humor is made here on just about every human foible. No, you don't have to laugh at anyone else's humor, but neither should you feel complelled to launch a lecture on the humor or its poster.  There's a difference between not laughing and ignoring, and launching into self-righteous moralizing every single time someone tells a joke. Nothing wrong with having your anger at tobacco, but there's really no need to direct it at every person here who makes a joke on it. 

Oscar,

"Picky Eater" just wait till he sinks his mouth on a luscious M.R.E. ! YUMMY-YUM-YUM!!

Nacho,

You haven't raised any kids so you don't know what you are talking about. I have a friend who married this women 2 years ago that has two kids from a previous marriage. Son is now 19, has lost his liscense for three DUIs. Stole his mothers generator and sold it for drugs. He snorts Oxycontin. Has stollen from mother repeatedly and neighbors. Her 18 year old daughter just gave birth and broke up with the father who is in jail. The women is a liscensed massage therapist at a hospital and also gets $50 an hour 2 days a week at home and is fully booked. The son had a jobs for 2 years making $19 an hour with full benifits and was living at home. Brother got sister a job there and she quit her first day because she didn't like her boss. When my buddy married this lady, the house had two dogs and a cat with feces and fur all over. She does massage in a seperate closed off room. The house needed a new roof and remodeled. He found out after he married her that the house was in foreclosier because she was paying both kids insurance, bought their vehicles, was paying for her sons DUI attourneys and other attourneys. The boy stole a car when he was 17 and tried to drive to Arizona to see his dad. The mom was letting this worthless piece of Sh!t boyfriend spend the night and have sex with her daughter in the livingroom while she was home and walking arround, they didn't even close the sliding doors!! Mom said she felt better about her being there so she new daughter was safe. Daughter has totalled two cars. Buddy helped son buy a show restoration older truck and was holding the title until the son paid him back for it, after the kid abused the crap out of the truck, he got a lost title replacement and traded it in on a new truck wich was repossesed after he lost his job after jail time with the third DUI. Both these kids play the "It's your fault I grew up without a father" heart string on their mother and she buys it hook line and sinker. She knows her son stole her generator, but has never brought it up to him and he stole it two years ago. Both these kids need the SH!T beat out of them!! It does not matter what the kids do, it is the cops fault, or someone elses fault. When the son was in jail for his third DUI, they were letting him out on work release and his job was working with him. He said he was sick and was going back to jail, but he went to his girlfriends house to have sex and got turned in so he lost his worl privledges and his job!! The first thing his mother said when she found out is "why that little wh0re!" , but it was his best friend from work who was picking him up from jail and taking him too work that turned him in, because Tyler stole his buddies Snap-on toolbox and all of his tools from work. My buddy and his wife started an argument about the boy having to start pay some rent to finally learn some responsibility, and mom would not hear of it. I suggested that she could charge him the rent and without him knowing about it, she could put it in an account towards a down payment on his own place when he eventually descided to go out on his own. She wanted to kill me!!! That boy never paid any rent, never paid for any of his legal bills, never paid for the air compressor or the truck he stole. He finally moved out and borrows my buddies vehicles so someone can drive him arround. You can't straighten out pieces of human feces if the mother won't let you, so I think your comments towards Oscar are wayyyy off base because you speak from a lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

Roger

Well Mark admitted "jokester" here's my take. What I am discussing about tobacco isn't anything to joke about. It is about human suffering and death. Maybe you refuse to accept that from me so perhaps we should ask Old Bucksters family just how funny you and your friends are. They understand exactly what I talk about. As to the word 'petulant' it is an adjective not a lecture. It is a term that describes child-like behavior. So I assume your problem is that I called you on it as opposed to doing it? You gents expected me to tolerate your petulant off-topic intrusion into this thread? Shall I target your threads for similar action? May I insert my anti tobacco rant into each every post you originate and expect you to 'grin and bear it'?

Oscar,

"Picky Eater" just wait till he sinks his mouth on a luscious M.R.E. ! YUMMY-YUM-YUM!!

Nacho,

You haven't raised any kids so you don't know what you are talking about. I have a friend who married this women 2 years ago that has two kids from a previous marriage. Son is now 19, has lost his liscense for three DUIs. Stole his mothers generator and sold it for drugs. He snorts Oxycontin. Has stollen from mother repeatedly and neighbors. Her 18 year old daughter just gave birth and broke up with the father who is in jail. The women is a liscensed massage therapist at a hospital and also gets $50 an hour 2 days a week at home and is fully booked. The son had a jobs for 2 years making $19 an hour with full benifits and was living at home. Brother got sister a job there and she quit her first day because she didn't like her boss. When my buddy married this lady, the house had two dogs and a cat with feces and fur all over. She does massage in a seperate closed off room. The house needed a new roof and remodeled. He found out after he married her that the house was in foreclosier because she was paying both kids insurance, bought their vehicles, was paying for her sons DUI attourneys and other attourneys. The boy stole a car when he was 17 and tried to drive to Arizona to see his dad. The mom was letting this worthless piece of *** boyfriend spend the night and have sex with her daughter in the livingroom while she was home and walking arround, they didn't even close the sliding doors!! Mom said she felt better about her being there so she new daughter was safe. Daughter has totalled two cars. Buddy helped son buy a show restoration older truck and was holding the title until the son paid him back for it, after the kid abused the crap out of the truck, he got a lost title replacement and traded it in on a new truck wich was repossesed after he lost his job after jail time with the third DUI. Both these kids play the "It's your fault I grew up without a father" heart string on their mother and she buys it hook line and sinker. She knows her son stole her generator, but has never brought it up to him and he stole it two years ago. Both these kids need the *** beat out of them!! It does not matter what the kids do, it is the cops fault, or someone elses fault. When the son was in jail for his third DUI, they were letting him out on work release and his job was working with him. He said he was sick and was going back to jail, but he went to his girlfriends house to have sex and got turned in so he lost his worl privledges and his job!! The first thing his mother said when she found out is "why that little wh0re!" , but it was his best friend from work who was picking him up from jail and taking him too work that turned him in, because Tyler stole his buddies Snap-on toolbox and all of his tools from work. My buddy and his wife started an argument about the boy having to start pay some rent to finally learn some responsibility, and mom would not hear of it. I suggested that she could charge him the rent and without him knowing about it, she could put it in an account towards a down payment on his own place when he eventually descided to go out on his own. She wanted to kill me!!! That boy never paid any rent, never paid for any of his legal bills, never paid for the air compressor or the truck he stole. He finally moved out and borrows my buddies vehicles so someone can drive him arround. You can't straighten out pieces of human feces if the mother won't let you, so I think your comments towards Oscar are wayyyy off base because you speak from a lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

Roger

Twisted

I think you have no idea of what your talking about. Back in 1989 I had a job in which some moron much like your self had no idea what they were doing. Funny how people who conceive children then are so stupid as to marry people with them, insult them. Gee you are stupid. doption has been called the quintessential American institution, embodying faith in social engineering and mobility. You and Oscar aren’t too smart. China had a similar conception of adoption; males were adopted in order to carry on the duty of ancestor worship. You and Oscar aren’t too smart. Despite the cultural shift in Europe, the Middle Ages marked a period of significant innovation. Without support from the nobility, the practice of adoption was gradually redirected toward abandoned children. Oscar can also become mobile with the help of his friend Bruno, the trashman, who carried Oscar around in his can. Bruno was a full-body costume which allows Oscar's puppeteer to manipulate Oscar while remaining hidden by the Bruno costume. (While Bruno was seen fairly regularly in Sesame Street's early days, he hasn't appeared on the show in over a decade.) During the first season of Sesame Street, the street set was arranged such that Spinney, who is right-handed, was forced to operate Oscar's head with his left hand. A subsequent redesign of the set allowed him to switch hands. Oscar first appeared on the January 11, 2008 episode of the television game show 1 vs. 100 as a member of the mob. He was eliminated on both games. He continued to appear for the remainder of the season until the program's cancellation. "Nonsense, as opposed to senselessness, is encountered when a proposition is even more radically devoid of meaning, when it transcends the bounds of sense. Under the label of unsinnig can be found various propositions: "Socrates is identical", but also "1 is a number". While some nonsensical propositions are blatantly so, others seem to be meaningful — and only analysis carried out in accordance with the picture theory can expose their nonsensicality. Since only what is "in" the world can be described, anything that is "higher" is excluded, including the notion of limit and the limit points themselves. Traditional metaphysics, and the propositions of ethics and aesthetics, which try to capture the world as a whole, are also excluded, as is the truth in solipsism, the very notion of a subject, for it is also not "in" the world but at its limit." You and Oscar aren’t too smart. Nonsense verse comes from a tradition older than Lear: the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle is also a sort of nonsense verse. There are also some things which appear to be nonsense verse, but actually are not, such as the popular 1940s song Mairzy Doats. You have no idea of what your talking about, you never had a parent in need nor are you a good parent. BTW having sex with some women who get pregnant does not make you an expert. You are an idiot.

Macho Nacho

Mark, Apology accepted. I apologize for being grumpy. I'll work on that... I promise.....

Macho..... What are you talking about? FWIW when I remarried I got 2 not just one child in the deal. One of them has turned out to be a real squirrel and the other is just fine. Nobody in either of my 2 marriages hates each other. I am just quite frustrated with Kevin's circumstances. I am frustrated with Matt's (my imprisoned son) chosen lifestyle too but he is not on the front burner right now. I feel sorry for Kevin because what he has done will affect him for his entire life. Yes, I vented in my posts here and I probably should not have. It was just a little pressure release. And I got some good advice and I include your observations in that good advice.

Without wanting offend anyone, it sounds like there are enough stories here (and many more in the larger population as yet undiscovered) for a reality TV show. I think there's a big market out there who'd watch it, maybe the same demographic that likes watching Cops.

Pehaps it could be called Extreme Horrible Offspring.

Without wanting offend anyone, it sounds like there are enough stories here (and many more in the larger population as yet undiscovered) for a reality TV show.  I think there's a big market out there who'd watch it, maybe the same demographic that likes watching Cops.

Pehaps it could be called Extreme Horrible Offspring.

I think it's called the Jerry Springer show, but I've never seen it.

Ya know, I always enjoy your posts Oscar, especially when you get worked up a bit. It's called passion and it's a wonderful thing to have.

But?

No, no butts, the pitfalls of passion are obvious to us all and need no finger wagging.

Ah but passion, what a wonderful thing indeed. It's downside is apparent, but it's upside has created little things like civilization, science (yup science, think about it for a minute) art,. culture, democracy, you name it.

You care enough about your stepchild to the point where it drives you to distraction. That's passion. You care enough about the human toll of tobacco and cancer to not sit idly while you have breath in your own lungs to speak out against it. That's passion. And to me it's remarkable in an occupation like your surrounded by death and it's structured bureaucratic response.

As you've probably learned today, not that you already didn't know it, passion also creates conflict. sometimes that's very good indeed.

I think you'll also find that some of today's poster's didn't recognize that your post was driven by passion, not some sort of grumpiness, whatever. As adults we realize passion must be tempered, but I think all f us here fully know the glory of passion.

I've always considered myself an optimistic cynic, but as the years march on the cynicism seems to gain ascendancy. But when I teeter on the abyss of of obnoxious know-it-all cynicism, someone always comes along, usually either a a young person or some geriatric wonder, and I see that passion and I am renewed.

Good for you. do the best you can, fight the good fight. I hope that young man turns his life around, and I hope you never lose your passion for what you do.

Marty aka Thebes