Sometimes plowing snow is fun

greg928gts

Sometimes it just feels good to plow the snow around the house, or in my case, my shop. There's a sense of self-sufficiency I think. The tractor started right up, I didn't run out of fuel, I didn't hit the building with the bucket, I didn't tip it over, and in half an hour I moved a foot of snow out the way and everything just seems o.k.

Greg

P.S. - check with me in a few days and I'll let you know what snow-less state I'm thinking of moving to. [;)]

post-11090-1381944623786_thumb.jpg

So that's what your shop looks like from the outside! Comfy little building! Is that vertical cut brick? My first house was made of that stuff.

Not to gloat, but it was 60 here today- I spent a glorious day in the shop and plugged in the 682/362 PA with my new Crown amp rack and complete processing rack. It worked.It's good when things work.

I used to get feelings like that when as I teen I ran Dad's 14 hp John Deere with 36" snowblower all over the neighborhood.

M

It almost made it to 80 here near the beach in the Sunshine State[H] Even last week when it was in the 30's overnight, there was nary a snowflake in sight.

Nice tractor, I wish it was here so I could build up the shoreline around the backyard pond.

I lived in Syracuse all my life until about 9 years ago when I moved to Georgia. I know full well about moving snow and I'm glad I don't do that anymore. The neighbors argued over my snowblower before I left.

I am SO glad I am out of that stuff. I will be jogging outdoors in the 70 degree weather here today as I have been doing after work lately.

My wife, who is from Georgia, is actually paying money to go on a ski trip this weekend. A yearly vacation people down here (who don't know any better) actually take. I never go with her on this one trip. In fact I have a BIG weekend planned while she's gone. I would not spend a penny of my money to go to see snow or feel cold weather ever again. I will never miss that stuff. Ever........after 40 years of it.

Enjoy your snow plowing. Don't have a heart attack shoveling. [:D]

I'm definitely not a fan of cold weather. I lived in Okinawa as a military brat from 90-96. Then moved to Memphis. (BRRRRR) Then I joined the military in 02, and my first duty station was AZ. Then they moved me to England in 05(BRRRRR) Now I'm in FL, and I've learned that I can definitely do without the cold weather! No matter where the military takes me, there is no way I can retire somewhere cold!

So that's what your shop looks like from the outside! Comfy little building! Is that vertical cut brick? My first house was made of that stuff.

The brick is on edge, and there's two layers with an airspace in between. Built in 1933 (same year the Pittsburgh Steelers were founded by "The Cheif") as a gas station/car repair shop. The brick and windows came from an old power station/dam that they tore down a couple of years ealier. There's been a couple of oldtimers stop by to tell me stories.

Greg

post-11090-1381944629153_thumb.jpg

The brick is on edge, and there's two layers with an airspace in between. Built in 1933 (same year the Pittsburgh Steelers were founded by "The Cheif") as a gas station/car repair shop. The brick and windows came from an old power station/dam that they tore down a couple of years ealier. There's been a couple of oldtimers stop by to tell me stories.

Greg

I'm sure I've seen that design somewhere before...

post-3580-1381944632542_thumb.jpg

Very cool fini, I forgot about that.

Apparently there's a really old guy who lives the next street over from my shop who was one of the guys who built it back in the day. But I've been told that he can't see or hear anymore and it's very difficult to communicate with him.

I'll just leave that door open . . . .

Greg

see that is why i actually like texas! i hate cold weather. i am one of the weird ones, i can drive in my car, A/C off, windows up, and it would be 95-100 degrees outside. i like the feel of the heat. yeah a sweat a little, but whats wrong with sweating? funny thing is, i don't actually sweat that much. i have some friends once it hits, 80 degrees, it pours from them....nasty in the summer!

i am such a cold weenie! once it hits below 70degrees, i am wearing a jacket! lol.

"Sometimes Snow Plowing is Fun"

Tell that to my butcher/deli owner. He plows snow "on-the-side". He recently went to plow someone's drive & they didn't flag or tell him about the railroad ties along the garage. Pushed them right threw the wall! And of course the ladders on the wall fall on the car, and car is a Mercedes, and........ well I'm sure u get the picture. $80 plow job, or should I say "snow job" LOL