Ultimate home theater: 13,000 watts, 130 dB, $1 million price

Kain

Without even looking at the video I can say without a doubt, if you have the money to spend and it makes you smile - it's worth it.

Edit; And after watching the video, only one thing comes to mind - for a $1M, I better not have to see letterboxing on my screen. Holy crap!

Other than that, I think it is absolutely worth it. If you've got millions laying around, why not?

So, what's your reaction? Waste of money or actually worthwhile?

It's a showroom for a companies products and ideas . If it generates more biz for them maybe it's worth it . Sure does seem like the owner of the company is happy with it . So in that respect it was worthwhile .

5Hz, it's doable with room gain. It may not be flat but I'm sure it's there. He may even have one of those rotary fan subwoofers that goes down to 1 hz. I can get 110 dB @10 Hz at the seated position with my IB, so I'd bet he's getting some 5 Hz info at the seats. It does make my 4500 watt system look enemic however.

i think you can get the same results with less money. i must be a prude or something, when ever i hear the phrase "Ultimate home theater," and it doesn't feature klipsch speakers, i always think that room could be better.

i bet Indy's room can give that room a run for it's money! man i wish i lived close by.....

hehehehe I bet I can get most to jump in my HT too! LOL

Thanks InVeNtOR for the nice comments!

130 db for a long time..??? OUCH.. and notice he said a door closes at 100 db.. I do it at 130 db??

I found this curious.... Louder is better.?? How about "more realistic" is better.. We can always turn things up and it seems cool to do so too.

That said..

Movies like Perl Harbour are just fantastic on my system as well. And for a LOT less!

130 db for a long time..??? OUCH.. and notice he said a door closes at 100 db.. I do it at 130 db??

I found this curious.... Louder is better.?? How about "more realistic" is better.. We can always turn things up and it seems cool to do so too.

i am glad i am not the only one who caught that. i like my system a whole lot more when i crank it up. it should never come down to who can have a higher volume, but who's sound effects make you look around the room the most!

if you have a cat in your ht room during a demo and it's chasing the sound, then you might have something. i know i will get flamed for this a little but i have a living room ht. i play "jungle scenes" from the thx disk and the cat goes nuts over the bee flying around. makes me laugh my a** everytime.

That jungle audio is soo cool. The Beatles remix for the "LOVE" CD 5 channel audio DVD cranked up some has birds, bees, and other audio too.. I had it cranked outside...and funny thing was the birds in trees around my house chirped along with it... THAT was cool!

I can think of a million other things I'd rather do than listen to ultra high fidelity airplane engines, shouting, door slamming, and bombs; especially at +30dB over the realistic level.

I'm guessing that with so many speakers and who knows what kind of gear the noise floor in the room is probably high, the super loudness may be to cover that.

Now if that reporter dude had shown up with a stack of his favorite jazz LPs under one arm, that would have been funny to see!

if you have a cat in your ht room during a demo and it's chasing the sound, then you might have something. i know i will get flamed for this a little but i have a living room ht. i play "jungle scenes" from the thx disk and the cat goes nuts over the bee flying around. makes me laugh my a** everytime.

I did a "cat scan" on my home theater once. I had everything hooked up and was playing a demo CD (Digital Dimensions) that has a track that is recorded racket ball play - so it sounds like you're inside the court with the ball bouncing all over the room. The cat was walking across the room and when one hit played, she ducked. [H]

Nothing like all those cool bright blue lights up front to distract you from WATCHING the movie!

It looks impressive, I agree. Hands down beautiful, if your a McIntosh lover!!

As for me...

Dynamic Power*: The KA THX amp with 2 sub speakers, 2050W into 8 ohms, 3025W into 4 ohms @ 5% THD / *Dynamic power indicates the actual power this amplifier for the subs!

And the Sunfire.... 200 wpc x 7...... So 1,400 for the mains. hmmmmmm

Savings and results.???? Big Savings and enjoyable with my Klipsch! !