Buddy Guy in Montreal

A Buddy Guy performance:

First song: "Holy $%#@"

Second song: "Holy F&*%$#&^^ $#^+!" & start perspiring

Third song: "Holy F&*%$#&^^ $#^+!" ; perspiring and hand palms sweating.

After that, you're on your own.

Fortunately, I've had the honor of playing at Buddy Guys Legends many times, both at jam sessions and regular gigs. I also know his keyboard player Marty Sammon. With a little bit of luck, I might be able to play a jam session with him at this years Chicago Blues Fest. You guys keep the good Karma comin' now, ya hear!

I'm absolutely positive you will have a GREAT TIME. [<:o)] [Y]

A Buddy Guy performance:

First song: "Holy $%#@"

Second song: "Holy F&*%$#&^^ $#^+!" & start perspiring

Third song: "Holy F&*%$#&^^ $#^+!" ; perspiring and hand palms sweating.

After that, you're on your own.

Fortunately, I've had the honor of playing at Buddy Guys Legends many times, both at jam sessions and regular gigs. I also know his keyboard player Marty Sammon. With a little bit of luck, I might be able to play a jam session with him at this years Chicago Blues Fest. You guys keep the good Karma comin' now, ya hear!

I'm absolutely positive you will have a GREAT TIME. Party!!!Yes

I get the impression that Buddy has got a chip on his shoulder.

"I get the impression that Buddy has got a chip on his shoulder"

What is giving you that impression? I've NEVER, EVER, EVER, known Buddy
to be anything but the most polite, cordial and respectful person
(unlike myself, hehehe) you could ever meet. And if you ever meet him
and want to really get his attention, don't ask or talk about music or
guitars. Ask him about his Orka Seafood Gumbo or Jambalaya receipes!

EDIT: If you're takling about my "first song -second song -third song" comment ~ that's not Buddy I'm talking about ~ it's YOU listening to a live performance!

• 1 month later...

The concert was unbelievable. We got there an hour before the first act and stood 20 feet from the stage for 4 hours- paying for that now. The show was totally different from Atlanta. The high point was a medley mimiking several other old bluesmen and working into a 60s vesion of Clapton's Strange brew trancending into a Jimmy Hendrixesque version of a few licks of Voodo Child finishing up with Cream's sunshine of your love- played hendrix style with his teeth and behind the back- to absoulte perfection. Then a loud funky version of Mustang Sally that really brought the house down. packed hall- great acoustics-LOUD- beer was cold-crowd was definitely into it. Well worth the plane ride.

Not to mention the other acts at the Montreal jazz fest. I had to leave early and miss Jeff Beck- &**&!!!- and several other acts that I would really have liked to see. Lots of fun.

And to think that Buddy Guy often played Toronto back in the '70s, usually with Junior Wells, and I never even thought to go, although I lived there at the time...

Back then, the shows I'd see repeatedly would be Joe Walsh (w/ or w/out James Gang), The Tubes, DEVO, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter, Frank Zappa and the Mothers, Rough Trade, Bruce Cockburn. Can't do everything...