FUNK YOU...

thebes

..and the horse you rode in on.

I've had it with all these cable wars, nitpicking over room treatments, tubes vs, ss; Abbot vs. Costello. This place has got me in a funk, and there's only one cure:

post-14801-13819474714162_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give you:

The Brides of Funkenstein, "Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy" and "Funk or Walk"

Funkadelic, "One Nation Under a Groove", "The Electric Spanking" and "Connections and Disconnections"

Bootsy's Rubber Band, "This Boot is Made for Fonk-N"

Parliament, "Gloryhallastoopid or Pn the Tale on the Funky" and "Trombipulation

Slightly off topic but Funk fans will get a kick out of this. Bootsy's rubber band and the Horny horns were playing a gig back in the 70s at a now closed down concert hall- the park center in Charlotte NC. They would end their show with a big pyrotechnic display involving PRIMER FLASH POWDER(important detail). They had run out of primer flash powder and had sent a roadie out to the local gun shops to try and buy some more. Apparently this guy. scared the heck out of the gun shop owners and nobody would sell him anything. Except for the last shop he went to- where they were also out of primer powder. As a substitue he bought several pounds of FFG BLACK POWDER and some Bullseye pistol powder. Highly explosive anfd lethal combination- used in pipe bombs and other explosive devices. At the end of the show - Bootsy or whoever said "We gonna blow the roof off this place" and ignited the mixture. A powerful and violent expolsion erupted and blew all the top windows out of the Park center. Flying glass was found 1/2 a city block away. Foutunately the force of the explosion went straight up instead of out so there were only a few minor injuries. A good friend of mine was the owner of the shop who sold him the powder- all legal at that time. He had no idea what the intended use was at the time but he was sacred to death that it was going to come back on him. To the best of my knowledge Bootsy skipped town and was never seen in these parts again. The news people had a ball with this.

A bit of trivia for funk fans

So are we only going with a certain type of funk, cause I just picked up a few new Rolling Stones albums. And some of it sounds funky to me, boy am I digging it. Keep in mind this is coming from a 27 year old metal/deathmetal head.

nick