RIP Michael Jackson

Woodog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAILED- guilty as charged- I think that this one goes way beyond moral posturing. Having a discussion about MJ without these issues coming up is like having a discussion abut Michael Vick strictly as a football player forgetting that he was a dog killer. Challenging at best. I thought all of the the posts here were prety tame in the grand scheme of events. In any case -I apologize to anyone who was offended by my posts. I am leaving this thread to those who think otherwise. Bad monkey- Off to time out(with a cold beer)

Thanks for taking this in the spirit intended. Yes I agree it is a challenge.

Enjoy the cold one!

Having a discussion about MJ without these issues coming up is like having a discussion abut Michael Vick strictly as a football player forgetting that he was a dog killer.

Why? I find it very easy to discuss aspects of a person's life without needing to discuss everything that they've ever said, done, or thought. A flawed man, just like the rest of us, had his life tragically ended at a relatively young age--what value is being added by reminding people of the negative aspects of his life? i sure hope that at my funeral, people don't feel the need to remind everyone that i wasted years of my life deeply involved in drugs, to a point that i permanently damaged my body, or that after 26 years of marriage i still couldn't get my wife to love me and the marriage ended, or any of the other failures of my life. what really isn't fair--i never got a cold beer when i was sent to timeout--good thing or i would have spent a lot more time there.

Seen a lot here.

All have opinions and that my friends is what this forum is about and why we meet here. Sometimes it's actually about Klipsch speakers.

Reference vs. Heritage etc, etc

And so to opine regardless of "Topic Title"

I own and listen occasionally to this artist's LPs but the fact of the matter is this is one individual my world can do without.

What pisses me off is, a) the cost to the tax payer for this human body to be flown via helicopter for an autopsy. Excuse me, he AIN"T the president, next time you guys find a drug overdosed, child molester (MY personal opinion) dead, fly the body on over to be checked out. B) the amount of media coverage. Good God people get a life, he is an entertainer and as reported from our wonderful media in debt up to his glove. I pay my bills.

Anyone want my "Thiller" album for the $1200 I've seen on the auction block? Well, it's good but I'll sell it for a hundred or trade for a sample of speaker wire.

IF the charges brought against this man were false then the accusers should rue the day they were born.

IF the charges against this man are true then I know by all things Holy he does NOT R.I.P.

To the innocent children brought into this world by abnormal means by this man, I pray that you somehow get thru this circus of tradegy!

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a lot here.

All have opinions and that my friends is what this forum is about and why we meet here. Sometimes it's actually about Klipsch speakers.

Reference vs. Heritage etc, etc

And so to opine regardless of "Topic Title"

I own and listen occasionally to this artist's LPs but the fact of the matter is this is one individual my world can do without.

What pisses me off is, a) the cost to the tax payer for this human body to be flown via helicopter for an autopsy. Excuse me, he AIN"T the president, next time you guys find a drug overdosed, child molester (MY personal opinion) dead, fly the body on over to be checked out. B) the amount of media coverage. Good God people get a life, he is an entertainer and as reported from our wonderful media in debt up to his glove. I pay my bills.

Anyone want my "Thiller" album for the $1200 I've seen on the auction block? Well, it's good but I'll sell it for a hundred or trade for a sample of speaker wire.

IF the charges brought against this man were false then the accusers should rue the day they were born.

IF the charges against this man are true then I know by all things Holy he does NOT R.I.P.

To the innocent children brought into this world by abnormal means by this man, I pray that you somehow get thru this circus of tradegy!

I was going to finally post in this thread but the above says about all I could have hoped to come up with, so I'll simply add "Well Said!!!"

• Moderators

I first want to say there are NO excuses for things he may have done as an adult, period.

Did anyone see that special where he was interviewed about when he was first joining the family as a performer ?

The interviewer asked him about the family's rehearsal's, he said if they missed a step or did not sing just right his father would beat them. He was crying and was not acting he was/is afraid of his father. He said we were beat with what ever was there that his father would pick up, they were thrown against the wall, kicked and beat until they would be bleeding and have bruises. He was asked what his mother would do, not much but she did try to stop him screaming "your going to kill him stop" but she could not stop him. MJ said look at any of the TV programs when they first started preforming on TV, he said were all terrified our father would think we could have done better because we knew what would happen when we got home.

From the way he talked he was still scared of him and did not care if he ever seen him. Whatever MJ did in the rest of his life is on him, but I guess back then people got away with doing things like that to kids, he used the kids to make a living after he singing career failed, he said they would get the family out of that town if it killed them.

We tend to think that it would be wonderful to be rich and famous, but many of those rich and famous seem to suffer, rather than enjoy, their circumstances. Of course, they suffer in greater style and comfort than the rest of us.

Fame can make anyone strange, and money can let someone really express their strangeness. Not all celebrities are to be envied.

That really is true.

Name a few truly rich and powerful celebrities of his wealth and fame that are truly happy. Truly happy.

I can't really think of many at all.

Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods???????

That really is true.

Name a few truly rich and powerful celebrities of his wealth and fame that are truly happy. Truly happy.

I can't really think of many at all.

Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods???????

How many billionares do you know is the question? Money may not buy happiness but it sure doesn't hurt. Woods may not be happy after his game today.

Steve Jobs, Wozniak, Oprah, Michael Dell, Richard Branson, David Geffen and just to name a few but they seem happy.