i heard music for the fist time in my life today

jess28

I know tis is not a question i'm just excited and have no one else to share it with.

I have loved music since i was a child now 31 yrs and have only truly heard music as of today.I grew up loving rock and roll buddy holly , ritchie valens and everything in between fel;l inlove with punk as a teen.I posted a question about a gfa 555 yest searched the internet a figured everything was fine hooked it up to my rf 82s.Heaven i know some people say they can add extra brightness to the klipsch i dont really hear it too much a little though on some songs though not enough to get in the way.

This amp make everythintg from the sex pistols,clash,social distotion,to johnny clash,billy joel , and james taylor sound amazing.

This is great day and also a bad day i will now have to get another job to support my new love i can now only imagine what true hi end sounds like but untill that day comes i am going to truly enjoy myself.

Sorry if this was the wrong place for this to be honest im sure nobody really cares , but like i said my wife could care less my kid doesn't know any better and i neede to tell someone

thanks , guys

Good for you Jess! Isn't it a beautiful thing?! There is absolutely nothing like good music and when we get to hear it through some of the most amazing speakers ever produced, it is truly special.

This is the right place for your post. I only have a handful of friends who understand my love for music, so I come here to share what I am listening to right this minute. Here, people "Get It"!

Keep do'in what your do'in and start looking for NEW music. It can be fun as heck to find a new (to you) artist that really moves you. When you get a chance, post what you're listening to in the "Right This Minute" thread, we'd be glad to see what you're listening too also.

Dennie

• Moderators

This is great day and also a bad day i will now have to get another job to support my new love i can now only imagine what true hi end sounds like but untill that day comes i am going to truly enjoy myself.

The real high end is live music, but like home audio it must be done right.

Glad you found what sounds good to you, thats what everyones looking for, it really never ends but you have reached a point your happy with thats a big deal !

You're not kidding my wife thought i was bad b4 , to be honest though i'm very happy at the moment. I never knew music could be so 3 demensional I also could have sworn my center channel was going till I put my ear up to it "holly crap" no sound just the 82's.I actually thought b4 this amp, my speakers sounded good , on second thought i guess they did and now they sound amazing.

cant wait to start climbing the klipsch ladder again , now that i got something decent to push them

who woulda thought you could get so much out of a $300.00 amp

thanks for the posts guys,happy 4th

It's always amazing when a familiar tune sounds like a different piece of music from what you'd always known it as, because of hearing it for the first time on a really good system, or when you do a very successful upgrade to your existing system.

I've had a few of those moments with my system, as I'm sure many other members have also had. Hooking up and hearing the La Scalas was one, switching from a cheap cartridge to the Shure M97xE was another (now I finally knew what all those magazine comments about the wonderful vinyl sound were all about), listening with my first MX-D1 power amp, and, most recently, going from La Scala to JubScala, with the associated electronics upgrades as well.

Every step that takes you from "the sound of music playing" closer to "the sound of live musicians performing" can give you that transformative feeling and it's great when it occurs. Having something in your house that can bring you joy every day takes it beyond mere entertainment, to something that enriches your life on a daily basis. No wonder it's so easy to justify upgrades!

Great to hear your story!

When you getr it right ....you get it right!!!! While megabuck systems can sound great, some times it's the budget systems that can really rock your room, when that certain magic of amp, speaker, and room layout all come together.......so don't sweat having to go bankrupt with upgrade-itis, some times you can spend 1000% more and only get 1% benefit

Don't get me wrong, I love every upgrade I have made....but I'll always remember how incredible my first pair of $400 Cornwalls and $200 sansui amp sounded, amazing!!!!! I'd be very happy today with just that system ......

enjoy your new system!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Every step that takes you from "the sound of music playing" closer to "the sound of live musicians performing" can give you that transformative feeling and it's great when it occurs. Having something in your house that can bring you joy every day takes it beyond mere entertainment, to something that enriches your life on a daily basis.

That just about says it all, just perfect.....Thanks

what dtel said about islander's post [Y]

i'm loving 2 channel music, i have it set up, thanks to all those here that have helped me in my journey, that when i click my pure direct button the sound is so sweet. you could swear the sound is coming from the centre channel, you have to put your ear right up to the centre to make certain that sound is not coming from it. its just so sweet and clear. no way to bright..

Enjoy jess, sounds like you would need to pull out all those vinyl and cd's and re-listen to them with your new set up to see what you were missing.

I know tis is not a question i'm just excited and have no one else to share it with.

I have loved music since i was a child now 31 yrs and have only truly heard music as of today.I grew up loving rock and roll buddy holly , ritchie valens and everything in between fel;l inlove with punk as a teen.I posted a question about a gfa 555 yest searched the internet a figured everything was fine hooked it up to my rf 82s.Heaven i know some people say they can add extra brightness to the klipsch i dont really hear it too much a little though on some songs though not enough to get in the way.

This amp make everythintg from the sex pistols,clash,social distotion,to johnny clash,billy joel , and james taylor sound amazing.

Sorry if this was the wrong place for this to be honest im sure nobody really cares , but like i said my wife could care less my kid doesn't know any better and i neede to tell someone

thanks , guys

jess28,

We know what your saying dude, we've all been there.

Where are you located?? You should try to meet others on the list and get an opportunity to listen to some of the Heritage or Pro Line stuff such as the Jubilees.

Another great thing about visiting other forum members is that as we progress on our journey to our own audio nirvanna, we start searching for those truely good recordings, they don't even have to be in the field of listening that we would typically enjoy.

Good Klipsch Speakers and a good amp will really point out a good and a bad recording.

I also like to listen to what other Klipschaholics like to listen to, it broadens my scope of appreciation for something I might otherwise have never come across such as listening to one of JCs Funk discs at Kevins.

I think all of us here can appreciate a good recording in other formats.

Roger

I got to expereince another "WOW" moment last night. I've been searching for a pair of RF 7s to upgrade from my RF 5's. I was expecting a little upgrade but not expecting what I got. I was giddy to get them in place an hook them up. WOW was I surprised at the difference in sound between the RF 5's and the RF 7's.

There's been a few threads recently about the RF 7's sounding harsh and IMO they are somewhat subdued on the higher in in comparison to the RF 5's and much more bass. I got off early today and when my son wakes up from his nap we're gonna rock the house.

Congrat on "getting it right" for yourself.

Hey Jesse, this is Matt the guy who sold you the RF82's. So glad you're enjoying them. I would have loved to had heard them on a proper amp - they must really come to life. Sounds like your system has really come together. Congrats man!

i can now only imagine what true hi end sounds like but untill that day comes i am going to truly enjoy myself.

That's right. "High End" is over-rated and overpriced. Be happy with what you've got.....it's good stuff. Craigslist, E-Bay and the Garage Sale here on the forums are your friends. You can really score on used gear modern and vintage.

Congrats on your new gear. [:D]