Any bad album cover collectors out there?

seti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Bob Harrington,"Chaplain of Bourbon Street" (does that mean he gets drunk with the french Quarter whores) and Fred Roan, auto dealer (shouldn't that be "Honest Fred", "has Christ got a deal for you")

post-14801-13819487708658_thumb.jpg

Thebes, those will give me nightmares!!

Does the marriage kit work?

Kinda strange there is not track listing so I may actually have to listen to this to garner the secrets to saving a marriage.

Something is funny about this guy, he put out at least 18 different lps including:

"Bob and the Devil"

"Bob Preaching to Men"

"Bob and Fred"

"Bob and Ron"

"Bob and Rex in Holy Land"

"Slop Bucket Repentence"

"Holy Happy Hour" (told ya he was a drunk)

and "Going Home With Bob (I don't think so)

That Fred's a hoot to. He's described as a saved automobile dealer with holy boldness who will "go anywhere" ...has a special appeal to layman and to lost men generally.

Bob's a deep thinker and no I'm not making this upfollowing quote: "the number one cause of divorce today is marriage-bad marriages".

Thunder Island

Who between the ages of 40 to 50
dose not love that song ? Must be a generational thing .

I
didn't recognize the title, but I remember often hearing that song in
the background in a certain period. After I looked at that video, I
clicked around and came across Itchycoo Park by The Small Faces. That really brought back some memories from the era when music went in a new direction, what with Sergeant Pepper's (released a couple of months earlier in 1967) and other early psychedelic music.

Check out the phased drums. I think that must have been one of the earliest uses of that effect in pop music.

The Small Faces - Itchycoo Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJzcF0v1eOE&feature=related

Three of the members later formed a group with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, with the named shortened to The Faces. I think my age is showing...

Bruce

DOES ANYONE HAVE JOHNNY CASH IN FOLSOM PRISON ?? I WILL PAY BIG MONEY FOR THAT ON RECORD IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

Buy a new one your TT needle will thank you. I have my dads copy but it isn't in great shape and I wouldn't sell.

That new birth label looks like a comic book label. Have you listened to it? Is it comedy?

I just played all the vinyl from todays purchases except for some 78's. The marketing escapes me but it is r&b, disco, and bit of funk. No comedy they are serious as cancer.

I found these today. If you guys know anything about these LPs please let me know.

Couldn't leave this behind.

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

I wonder if Bob and Fred have played at Shelly's Manne Hole...

I found these today. If you guys know anything about these LPs please let me know.

Couldn't leave this behind.

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

I wonder if Bob and Fred have played at Shelly's Manne Hole...

I would have to guess by the look on there faces, YES they have!!!! [:|]

Dennie

• 2 months later...