Dog killer reinstated

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little surprised really that there doesn't seem to be interest in him. Bold as how sports is nowadays. Maybe after a few preseason games if teams see they need some help at QB he might get some interest. Maybe after some injuries. It is a good point that he isn't fully reinstated and can't play in any games yet.......only preseason. But I think teams are still considering him a hot potato for right now. Eventually, I absolutely believe he will get back in.

Although reinstated, VIck is still suspended until week 6. That means he is not really out of the doghouse yet, so to speak. Any team picking him up with have to wait a while.

Actually, he's not suspended till game 6. The Commish has untill game 6 to determine his fate. To me it seems like a 6 game probation. In addition, the Commish can lift any and all restrictions before game 6 if he's so inclined. That's why so many teams are reluctant to pick him up, they really don't know the extent of his punishment with the league.

If Vick was smart he would have tried to land with one of the upstart UFL teams. True he cant play a down in the NFL until after week 6, the UFL would have been a platform for him to showcase any talent he still has left to a potential NFL team. I believe that deadline has passed though. Now I dont think he even gets a tryout with a NFL team. No owner wants the backlash, and no GM/coach wants to waste a roster spot on a mediocre QB who has not played in 2 years. Face it, he was not that great of a QB when he played.

I think it was Harry Carson on Sirius NFL, that said he was tired of hearing all these retired NFL players "sports reporters" saying that they thought Vick could still play and be productive in the NFL. He said they were all full of BS.

Its more than probation. Read the terms below. He is not allowed to play in reg. season games.

Terms of Vick's reinstatement:

-- Can participate in preseason practices,
workouts, meetings, and play in the final two preseason games. In the
regular season, he may participate in all team activities other than
games.
-- Must work with Tony Dungy, who will serve as Vick's advisor and mentor.

Conditions that Vick must abide by in order to be reinstated fully:

--Must abide by the terms of his parole.
--Cannot commit any further crime.
--Must limit whom he associates with.
--Cannot use drugs or alcohol.
--Cannot possess a firearm or other dangerous weapon.
--Cannot own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog.

Vick must also abide by the written plan that he submitted to Goodell, which contained the following:

-- His proposed living arrangements.
-- How he will manage his financial affairs.
-- Counseling and mentoring plans.
-- His proposed work with the Humane Society and other groups

What Goodell's decision on full reinstatement will be based on:

-- Reports from outside professionals, Vick's probation officer, and others charged with supervising his activities.
-- The quality of Vick's work outside football.
-- The absence of any further adverse involvement in law enforcement.
-- Other concrete actions that Vick takes that are consistent with his representations to Goodell.

Call it what you will but as it stands right now Vick cannot play in reg. season games. Thats what counts in the NFL. The commisioner could fully reinstate Vick at anytime but this is the present situation. Until you can play you are a liability to the team no matter what your talent level.

If he had half a brain he would be in front of a camera pushing some kind of animal adoption agenda or speaking out against dogfighting. Would do a lot to deflect all of the heat. He could do a lot of good but my bet is that he is too dumb. Look for future appearances on Americas dumbest criminals.

I knew he'd get picked up. 1.6M this season with a 5+M option next season. The dirt bag is right back in it. I have to say I am a little pissed that something like this can happen now that I see how much $$ he will make.

What they should have done was FORCE him to play for at least a whole season or more EVERY game and then force him to DONATE every penny he makes. Then, decide if he should be fully reinstated and allowed to make money in the NFL.

It just seems that was too easy to me.

I'm sure Donovan McNab is thrilled as well.

If I was Mcnab, I wouldnt be worried in the least bit. I still dont see Vick playing QB. If he gets on the field it will be for a trick play or something and then back to the bench. Let's not forget, he still has to make the final roster cut.

I never liked the Eagles anyway. Won't watch a single one of their games. Hit em where it hurts- take away viewership removes their advertising base and therefore the team's profitability. That's about all we can do from our overstuffed chairs anyway.

ESPN, is getting to be just like CNN..............SAME stories every 15 minutes !

It won't happen, but if everyone cancelled their NFL Ticket on cable and Satellite then maybe the NFL would wake up.....................

thank you and good night !......................

Best line I have heard so far, "Philadelphia Beagles".

It's a smart pickup by the Eagles, they're second string QB went down with an injury and McNabb hasn't played a full season in what, seven years? I'm sure the "Philly Fans", not exactly known for being hospitable, will give him an earfull, but if he helps run a "Wildcat" style offense, for which he is perfect, he'll be a good signing by the Eagles.

I'm sure the NFL will assign someone to Vick, beyond Tony Dungy, to help him with the public relations aspect of his career rehabilitation. As to allegations by Rev. Jesse Jackson that it was "racist" that Vick hadn't been signed by any teams as of yet, and insinuating collusion by the owners, maybe they just didn't want a sociopath playing on their teams. That is their right.

As an aside, for Jesse Jackson to compare Vick's 'plight" to that of Jackie Robinson, is an insult to the memory of a true Hall of Famer, a man who faced down racism with class, dignity and performance on the field.

...As an aside, for Jesse Jackson to compare Vick's 'plight" to that of Jackie Robinson, is an insult to the memory of a true Hall of Famer, a man who faced down racism with class, dignity and performance on the field.

OMG! [:o] Jessie say it isn't so.

I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in this story and would gladly chunk by dog poop laden shoe at the dude. You guys that watch football on TV have way too much time on your hands. [;)]

So the dirtbag is back in- i am soooo glad that he did not end up here-panthers. I never had much use for the Beagles after the fans spit and poured beer on the Panther fans in Philly during the playoffs. Jessie jackson is a &^^& idiot. He and the dog mangler deserve each other. I am surprised that Tony Dungy would dirty his hands up on this piece of human garbage. I hope Philly goes winless. Maybe this will end up like the TO expierment.