Let's BAN Joessportster from the Forum!!!

JBryan

Oh sure, he's a nice fella and there's plenty of folks here that have benefitted from his hand-me-down deals and giveaways (myself included). I'll also concede that he' s had more Klipsch products run through his house than 95% of us and he's been pretty upfront with his experiences and opinions regarding his many audio adventures. By my calculations, he changes a major component in his system every 6-8 weeks and totally overhauls his system every 9 months or so. My concern is that he hasn't had a piece o' Klipsch in his house for almost 2 months and I seriously doubt he's had any Klipsch in his system for at least 6 months. Now he's on our forum barking on about some speakers from Zu....ZU?! I mean really... Zu's been around for what, 10 years? While there are other members who don't have anything with a Klipsch badge in their system, Joe stands out as someone who has drunk deeply and often from the Klipsch offerings yet his peak Klipsch days seem to be behind him and with his latest, more esoteric finds, I feel compelled to express my misgivings.

If cutting him off completely is too harsh or if some of you guys are actually interested in his quest/descent into audio exotica, maybe Amy can place him on some kind of probation. We can monitor his comings and goings on the forums and keep a tab on his procurements. If after, say 6 months, he's still Klipschless, I say let's lock him out. I'll send him a link to the AudioNervosa forum as I think that's the direction he's heading and those guys might be able to help him get it back together....we're too late to save him here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya know...I didn't even think of that angle. He does inflect an almost too casual Pennsylvania via Indiana accent...maybe too casual as to throw us off. Now that you mention it, I can see him with a germanic or eastern european accent behind that PA Dutchboy smile. That would almost certainly explain his recent dealings and strange-audio obsessions with odd-looking horns and OTL and SET amps. Hmmmmm...I'm seeing Joe from a whole new perspective and it suddenly scares me to think that he knows where I live!

Change is a good thing..............Even I have been partical to Energy and Mirage products. Joe is good people and loard knows , we need all the good folks her that we can get..............

Zu................hummm have to check them out ! Thanks for the link !

Change is a good thing..............Even I have been partical to Energy and Mirage products. Joe is good people and loard knows , we need all the good folks her that we can get..............

Zu................hummm have to check them out ! Thanks for the link !

I think Bill just bought himself a ticket to the audio brig.

Naw, we cannot get rid of Joe now, that just won't work. You see I live vicariously through Joe's purchases and have learned so much on his dime. Lets face it, Joe is our resident expert of many audio combinations. He is only limited by his own imagination. He once had an awkward audio moment just to see what it felt like. He could be the most interesting audiophile in the world. [H]