Celine Dion....love her or hate her???

oldenough

You know, love her or hate her, I don't believe there is another female vocalist who has a command over her vocal chords like "Celine". Her delivery is effortless and perfectly timed. I listen to her offerings and wonder what else could she or her record company could do to satisfy the general publics demands and especially the audiophiles amongst us. Yet very rarely (if ever) do we come across any of her works quoted as a reference piece to show off our systems. She should be there.

OK! I'm outta the closet..... I'm a Celine fan! [Y]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be aware that Celine Dion is one of the many performers who use "on the fly pitch correction software" at concerts and recording sessions. The software is very expensive (1/2 million) and it works instantaineously. Reba Macintyre is another one as is Kenny Rogers. Sorry to burst your bubble. Command of her vocal cords is suspect.

JJK

All I know is she say's they have a McDonald's in her Canadian home town [;)]

I tend to think of her as the "new" Barbra Streisand. BTW, BS used to have Klipsch LaScala in her Malibu home audition room. (she has since sold the house long ago)

Was she the singer that some comedian used in his act, where he said of her song "I will always love you" it sounds like a car alarm going off? I can't remember the comedian, but he would sing it and make it sound like a car alarm. Pretty funny.

Hard to knock success though, she has certainly had plenty of that.

Greg

edit - no wait, that was Whiney Houston. eh em, Whitney Houston.

• Moderators

It's not so much her voice as it is her musical choices and interpretation. I'm sure she is a fine singer but it's just not my kind of music.

Thanx, Russ

That's the way I feel about her also, she is the female Barry Manilow to me.

• Moderators

It's not so much her voice as it is her musical choices and interpretation. I'm sure she is a fine singer but it's just not my kind of music.

Thanx, Russ

Same here, plus there's no way i'd do her.

Ok I never went that far......I know where they sell duct tape to make sure she does not sing !

Hey Oldenough, I'm a fan, not a big fan but I am. She has come out with some good recordings. Some bad, just like every other artist, there's something that stands out. I personally like the full version of "Its All Coming Back To Me Now" I think it was well done from the door slamming sounds, and the small explosions, sounds good on my system. And the horns in my speakers take well to her voice. So I'm with you.

Thanx, Russ

Ok I never went that far......I know where they sell duct tape to make sure she does not sing !

dtel,

The "real" question is if you would "do" Barry Manilow? [+o(]

Roger

• Moderators

Thanx, Russ

dtel,

The "real" question is if you would "do" Barry Manilow? Ick!

Roger

No, even If Barry or this person was the only person left on earth. And that' saying alot, although she might have a bigger %^*@ than him ? I will stick with the same team I originaly picked even though they drive me crazy.

post-11804-13819499689788_thumb.jpg