Celine Dion....love her or hate her???

oldenough

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

You crossed a line with that pic dtel. Don't cross another (no Oprah).

Your right that was a low blow to everyone on this forum, even to Barry. I should have never done that, I did feel a little sick when I posted that pic, now Barry is even starting to look a little better ! [+o(]

Your right that was a low blow to everyone on this forum, even to Barry. I should have never done that, I did feel a little sick when I posted that pic, now Barry is even starting to look a little better ! Ick!

dtel,

I don't know about that, I think oldtimer is a little oversensitive... After all, with Halloween right arround the corner, it is customary to post scarry images!! [6]

Roger

Your right that was a low blow to everyone on this forum, even to Barry. I should have never done that, I did feel a little sick when I posted that pic, now Barry is even starting to look a little better ! Ick!

dtel,

I don't know about that, I think oldtimer is a little oversensitive... After all, with Halloween right arround the corner, it is customary to post scarry images!! Devil

Roger

But dtel,

If you say you would do "it" aka Rosie,

I'll be over with a shotgun to take care of it for you.

Roger

• Moderators

dtel,

I don't know about that, I think oldtimer is a little oversensitive... After all, with Halloween right arround the corner, it is customary to post scarry images!! Devil

Roger

But dtel,

Roger

If things ever get that bad please do, get the directions from Marshal, ask no questions just walk in and do it.

dtel,

Roger

But dtel,

Roger

If things ever get that bad please do, get the directions from Marshal, ask no questions just walk in and do it.

I think there are quite a few of us that would "Help you out" if that situation ever arose!

Dennie

As mentioned earlier Celine Dion is akin to Barbara Streisand, talented but just not music I like to listen to. Here is a list of female singers I prefer to listen to over more commercial artists.

1. Sandy Denny

2,Irma Thomas

3.Linda Thompson

4.Eva Cassidy

5.Ella Fitzgerald

6.Dinah Washington

7.Angela Strehli

8. Marcia Ball

9.Billie Holiday

10.Mahalia Jackson

Oldenough, I'll be glad to make some cd recommendations or send you some stuff to listen to on your La Scalas if you wish.

It's not so much her voice as it is her musical choices and interpretation. I'm sure she is a fine singer but it's just not my kind of music.

Thanx, Russ

If you enjoy her music then that is all that matters!! YesMusic

I agree with Russ on his points.

+me

All this rehtoric is mute if she can't sing the right notes and has to use electronic on the fly correction software. How do you know if what she is singing is not corrected?

JJK

Exactly...."if " is the key to this, and "how do you know" is the question. The same question should also be posed to the person who posted that info. I am sure that many singers have a whole arsenal of electronics at their disposal, just like I do as a guitarist.

Correction or not (and I personally dont like that kind of thing) the gal can still sing.

I've often wondered why some singers (Krall) seem to get all the attention when there are others out there who seem to have a much more powerful voice. Then again, I guess it's not always about a powerful voice... (nor is it always about the sultry voice)

[:P]

Now....where are my Marie Osmond cd's...... [8]

All this rehtoric is mute if she can't sing the right notes and has to use electronic on the fly correction software. How do you know if what she is singing is not corrected?

JJK

Exactly...."if " is the key to this, and "how do you know" is the question. The same question should also be posed to the person who posted that info. I am sure that many singers have a whole arsenal of electronics at their disposal, just like I do as a guitarist.

Right,

I saw Beppe Gambetta in a small theater that held just over 100 people.

At the end of his show he came back out on stage(which was a dancefloor 2 inches higher than the regular floor at the front row) and something like "I think I'll play some without being plugged in" the next 20 minutes or so was perfect. No pitch processors no effects, just skill and wonderful music.

The same with Nickel Creek at the end of some of their shows when they go unplugged and you could hear a pin drop because the audience is hanging on every word, every last note that is being played without a hint of alteration.

Jake Shimabukuro has recorded at least one of his albums(Dragon) on analog tape because he liked the sound and because it didn't allow them to fix mistakes which gives an honesty to the recording.

JJK

I never had any of that as a drummer. What ever happened to real musicianship? Is it any wonder the oldies are truly the goodies? Is it all flash and dash these days? For those who have, you know what I mean, for those that haven't, listen to Charlie Parker over several samplings (on your quality klipsch systems) and tell me that there is anything like it today. I would really like to hear it if there is.