Making candles..... ?

Groomlakearea51

Anybody make their own "stink pretties". My wife likes nice smelly candles in the "man cave" because I am confined to that room when enjoying my cigars. Commercial ones are expensive (from a relative viewpoint), don't last long enough, and always seem to lose their nice smell when they are about halfway down. Before I run off to eBay or google stuff, I'd like to hear what others (if anyone) have done.

My sister actually made some really awesome candles for a couple years...mulit-colored swirls with some fake jewels in the wax that glowed when lit...they were really awesome. I will see if I can get some info or get her to post next time I talk to her...just made the move from Miami Beach to Chicago so she is a bit busy, but I will pass the word along. ACE

Commercial ones are expensive (from a relative viewpoint), don't last long enough, and always seem to lose their nice smell when they are about halfway down.

I think a lot of that has to do with how well the scents are mixed in with the wax, and what kind of scents are used. A friend of mine has a business with her daughter, making candles, and the scents in their last the whole candle burn time. I'll ask what she uses.

I konw she made some with distilled flower oils, but that is uber expensive.

Bruce

Take a half gallon milk cardboard carton and cut off the top. Get your wax and wick all ready to go, fill the carton with crushed ice and poor in the hot wax. Look around on the net to get more details. It makes a huge candle that will last for weeks.

Thanx, Russ

Why make when you can buy. I like these. They really kill the smell of cigar smoke:

cannabis candle - marijuana candle - pot candle - votive

My cannabis candles have an unpleasant aroma that smells just like marijuana smoke.
It is a novelty.

• Pot candles are a clever idea for 60's
    theme party
  • My husband took a cannabis candle to the courthouse
    where he worked as a joke. The guards put if through a
    "smelling machine" and it passed as real cannabis even
    though there is no marijuana in it.
  • There are many schools, prisons and law enforcement
    officers that use my marijuana candles for training purposes

Why make when you can buy. I like these. They really kill the smell of cigar smoke:

cannabis candle - marijuana candle - pot candle - votive

My cannabis candles have an unpleasant aroma that smells just like marijuana smoke. It is a novelty.

• Pot candles are a clever idea for 60's theme party
  • My husband took a cannabis candle to the courthouse where he worked as a joke. The guards put if through a "smelling machine" and it passed as real cannabis even though there is no marijuana in it.
  • There are many schools, prisons and law enforcement officers that use my marijuana candles for training purposes

Thebes! I can ssure you that if I follow that route, the party will be over in so many ways!!!! The sheer implications of a MJ stink pretty in the house will absolutely result in my demise in many spheres of life...... But on the other hand, it may be worth it to buy a couple and send them to several unsuspecting folks for whom I have not yet determined a way to complicate their puny, insignificant pi*s ant existence...... An ex-wife does come to mind.....