My 2-Channel rig in the living room - Part Two

Wardsweb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wardsweb, where's your RTR?

Alas, it is sitting on the floor in my audio room (home for my work bench, tools, parts, cables, projects past & Present and all the gear I don't have in a system at present. Just could't find a way that looked nice to integrate it into the system, since I sold my rolling RTR cart to DWILawyer.

FINALLY they are back playing in my living room. I was going to leave the grills off but you will notice the left dust cap is dented. That is compliments of our 6 year old grandson and his marshmellow gun. You can't leave kids alone for two minutes. :(

livingroom112809a.jpg

My wife said she wants the full grills cut down so the big horn is showing. Sounds like a neat look. What do you guys think about a 3/4 grill?

livingroom112809b.jpg

These have not been polished yet. I need to let them cure for a few weeks before I do that.

Very nice work. I like the look of the speaker very much and its nice to see another person that likes to use that veneer as i do it is my favorite. I have built a pair of LS with that veneer and a center channel to match. Right now im still waiting on my job to get more 10mil paperback in so i can finish 4 more hereseys in that veneer. My last 2 speakers for my computer (heresy) im thinking orcomposite veneer Macassar Ebony.

FINALLY they are back playing in my living room. I was going to leave the grills off but you will notice the left dust cap is dented. That is compliments of our 6 year old grandson and his marshmellow gun. You can't leave kids alone for two minutes. :(

You can suck that dent out with a vacuum cleaner (gently) - Just in case you didn't know.

I would like the 3/4 Grill and let your Horns show. - But my Real preference would be have that same wood that is on the cabinets to be surrounding the entire woofer and then leave it completely Naked! - This should not be too hard - Please Veneer the entire Front for us Voyeurs.