Whats for Dinner?

jacksonbart

Simple fare for today: White wine baked turkey breast; the standard ubiquitious green bean caserole, baked sweet potatoes with honey and cinnamon; mashed taters' with garlic and cheddar cheese sauce, hot rolls with real sweet cream butter and pecan pie with vanilla ice cream. Followed by Lord of the Rings on the HT and a nice nappy time..... Comfort food for the comfort time!!

We went non-traditional this year and made it what locals might call an Eye-Tal-Yun feast.

Cheese manicotti, stuffed shells, dago green beans, garlic bread, salad and other edibles and potables. It was great but, dang, lots more work than my bbq turkey. Guest list included the 4 of us, my sis, a French grad student from LSU, a Jamaican couple from church and two of my son's friends from LSU. A fine day. TV remained off, Klipschorns remained ON.

• Moderators

Leftovers, which is GREAT with me [:P]

Christy over did it again! Turkey, Ham, Baked Macaroni & cheese, Spicy Crawfish Cornbread, Oyster dressing, Merliton Dressing, Artichoke Casserole, Cream Cauliflower, Rice, Gravy, Candied Yams, Asparagus, Italian *** Salad, Dinner Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, Relish Tray and Chocolate Pie.

And the way it's looking tomorrow night also.

Leftovers, which is GREAT with me Stick out tongue

Christy over did it again! Turkey, Ham, Baked Macaroni & cheese, Spicy Crawfish Cornbread, Oyster dressing, Merliton Dressing, Artichoke Casserole, Cream Cauliflower, Rice, Gravy, Candied Yams, Asparagus, *** Salad, Dinner Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, Relish Tray and Chocolate Pie.

And the way it's looking tomorrow night also.

Geez Dtel--have you ever heard of next day mail? It's a shame that you have to eat all that food yourself. So, How did my whinning bachelor post read? Actually, it sounds you had a good meal--i'm happy for you. Steve

• Moderators

That's funny, you sure would have been welcome but I didn't ask because your a little more than a few hours away to say the least.

I don't have to try to kill it off myself ( good thing ), my daughter and son in law and there two little girls are helping a little, they stayed last night and today.

Surprisingly I only ate only once today and it was the worst time for gaining weight, about 7 pm tonight.