Eagles Concert DVD

Youthman

• Moderators

I picked up the Eagles: Hell Freezes Over Concert DVD. I'm not an Eagles, didn't know if I even knew any of their songs except Hotel California. I can honestly say that this is the best concert DVD I have listened to thus far. I haven't watched the entire DVD yet but the beginning song, Hotel California is truly a remarkable piece. From the acoustic guitar to the conga drum...it sounds fantastic in Dolby Digital. They did a great job mastering this DVD. Just wanted to put a plug in for a truly great reference DVD.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm 34 yrs old and have never really liked rock from that era but musically, it really does sound fantastic. When I first put in the DVD, I turned it up a bit and when the music began, I smiled from ear to ear. Just great quality sound, that's all I cared about. I picked it up brand new on Ebay for $4. I figured it should be worth that much. [:P]

• Moderators

A couple of other good quality DVD's, if you like the artist is Eric Clapton..."One more car one more rider" also Steely Dan's " two against nature".

There's also another eagles DVD recorded just as good or better....farewell tour 1

Ditto on the above, also try the LIve Melbourne Austrailia concert DVD, very good and Joe Walsh shines in his special songs as well. Interesting, I have played Hell Freezes Over DVD when I've had guys over for some audio Saturday afternoons, no one was into it. Go figure, you can please some of the people some of the time.....

Different strokes for different folks, but it's a great DVD.

As are the others mentioned so far.

One of my all time favorites is Lucinda Williams DVD Live from Austin City Limits. An incredible guitar based backing band, if you like country blues. But there are so many good ones now. There's a couple of threads out here about just this very subject.

Let me also put in a plug for the new Clapton / Stevie Winwood DVD live at Madison Square Garden. (again, more of that old stuff)

A couple of other good quality DVD's, if you like the artist is Eric Clapton..."One more car one more rider" also Steely Dan's " two against nature"

Both great recordings.

There's also another eagles DVD recorded just as good or better....farewell tour 1

And they are having more fun.

I will have to agree, this is by far the best concert dvd I have ever heard. The seperation in the instruments and of course the harmonizing is second to none. If the the dvd version is this good, I can only imagine what the BD version sounds like.

Bill

• Moderators

Let me also put in a plug for the new Clapton / Stevie Winwood DVD live at Madison Square Garden. (again, more of that old stuff)

I tried that Steve Winwood DVD and it was defective, it would skip and have blank spots in the sound. They gave me another and it did the same thing, I ended up going through about 5 of them until the manager at BB who also tried them said they must have had a bad batch ? I never did end up with one and I really liked it, it's the only DVD I have had a problem like that with.

I picked up the Eagles: Hell Freezes Over Concert DVD. I'm not an Eagles, didn't know if I even knew any of their songs except Hotel California. I can honestly say that this is the best concert DVD I have listened to thus far. I haven't watched the entire DVD yet but the beginning song, Hotel California is truly a remarkable piece. From the acoustic guitar to the conga drum...it sounds fantastic in Dolby Digital. They did a great job mastering this DVD. Just wanted to put a plug in for a truly great reference DVD.

This is MY reference DVD. Only BS complaint is that I have to select DTS over the default PCM on start up. GREAT!

and have never really liked rock from that era but musically

Listen up, whippersnapper... [:o]

Probably more old farts & coots around these parts who grew up loving music in that era.

Of course, I'm talking about all the other old farts & coots....not me.

[:^)] [;)]