New business venture

Invidiosulus

LOLOL!!! JBL will of course sue you for a bazillion for trademark similarity violations. String them along for a while, then sell the business to them for a comfortable, if but princely sum, retire and take in the sun on the private beach you obtained with the proceeds. Don't make any speakers though, that way you will become a "legend"...LOL!!!

• Moderators

Think of all the money you could save not needing any of that pesky testing equipment or Engineers.

If you need a second " manufacturing facility " ( it does sound better ) I have a pile of wood working tools, this could be the Southeastern division, sounding better already. [Y]

Well... some of the greatest minds have already tried that.

Tony

Hi Tony, how are you doing? Hope you're feeling better. Nice to see you posting.

What have they tried?

I wish I could elaborate more, but I'm not able to say much anymore about what I'm working on due to conflicts.

But to say that the greatest minds have already tried that, indicating that they failed to improve the Khorn design, is just not so. There are many improvements available for the Khorn.

Greg

Maybe you can eventually improve the Khorn design. Roll-eyes

Is that in reference to what I'm trying to accomplish?

Rolling eyes? Like improving the Khorn isn't possible?

Greg

Yeah......I was being a wise guy. But now I'll be serious.

Other than being a fabulous craftsman which I give you great credit for.............I believe that's where you run into a tough climb..........I'm speaking of the other skills, experience, and equipment required to design, test, and produce world class audio products. You REALLY believe you can design an improved Khorn bass bin? I don't. In fact I don't believe you can design ANYTHING that would be a measureable improvement to ANYTHING that Paul Klipsch has already done. I'm saying by MEASUREMENT.......proven design improvements. Without the measurements, there is no proof. However, I do believe you have the hand talent, tools, and shop to build one heck of a nice speaker cabinet.

Maybe you can eventually improve the Khorn design. Roll-eyes

Is that in reference to what I'm trying to accomplish?

Rolling eyes? Like improving the Khorn isn't possible?

Greg

Yeah......I was being a wise guy. But now I'll be serious.

Other than being a fabulous craftsman which I give you great credit for.............I believe that's where you run into a tough climb..........I'm speaking of the other skills, experience, and equipment required to design, test, and produce world class audio products. You REALLY believe you can design an improved Khorn bass bin? I don't. In fact I don't believe you can design ANYTHING that would be a measureable improvement to ANYTHING that Paul Klipsch has already done. I'm saying by MEASUREMENT.......proven design improvements. Without the measurements, there is no proof. However, I do believe you have the hand talent, tools, and shop to build one heck of a nice speaker cabinet.

I don't have to design, test and measure speakers, there are people out there who can do it for me.

Engineers can measure and test speakers endlessly and still not prove anything. In the end, the customer is going to sit down and listen to the system in their living room, and that's where the most important evaluation comes from. The proof that counts the most to me, is the incredible joy that my customers have experienced with the V-Trac/BMS/Beyma/ALK/Crites upgrade package. I don't need a test to understand that.

I also don't need a test or measurements to comprehend an improvement to the Khorn bass bin from enclosing the backs. It would be obvious to anyone who heard them. Measurements wouldn't make it any more obvious, nor would it change the sound of the speaker.

I do believe that making a denser Khorn bass bin with thicker materials will have a positive effect on the sound quality, as it does with virtually every other bass bin design.

I will investigate other options for the Khorn bass bin design as well, but I'm resigned to the fact that other improvements may not be possible.

Greg

I also don't need a test or measurements to comprehend an improvement to the Khorn bass bin from enclosing the backs. It would be obvious to anyone who heard them. Measurements wouldn't make it any more obvious, nor would it change the sound of the speaker.

But Measurements would show what has changed..! and at a minimum if any balancing network changes were needed to maintain proper frequency balance of the system.

IMHO it's just foolish to argue against properly implemented and analyzed measurements just as it would be foolish to not include listening test under controlled conditions in an acoustically balanced listening room.

mike tn